US Politics: Borrow And Spend Conservatism Marches On

Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 hours ago, Paladin of Ice said:

Nothing like getting caught in an obvious lie. Honestly it should have been more of a scandal that Trump nominated so many people to be leaders of departments they wanted to undermine or outright destroy. 

35 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I try to always avoid making fun of people because of how they look, but sometimes you see something you can't unsee. Marc Short, WH Director of Legislative Affairs, looks like the real life version of Dr. Finkelstein, the mad scientist from A Nightmare Before Christmas who created Sally. The dude always gives me the creeps. 

I've always thought he looked like Rory McCann in Hot Fuzz.  Compare this to this.  Yarp indeed.

4 hours ago, Paladin of Ice said:

From the article,

"To be honest I'm really mad, really pissed, because I actually voted for Trump," Bonenfant says. "So knowing that his guy threw out this case that affects people like me, I feel kind of like stupid — just kind of like betrayed."

I don't feel for a minute that she 'deserves' this a Trump voter as she as easily could have voted for someone else.  She's not really betrayed because all he did was tell her the lies she wanted to hear.  But 'his guy' will do a lot more damage to a lot more Trump voters, and other folks besides.

35 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

From the article,

I don't feel for a minute that she 'deserves' this a Trump voter as she as easily could have voted for someone else.  She's not really betrayed because all he did was tell her the lies she wanted to hear.  But 'his guy' will do a lot more damage to a lot more Trump voters, and other folks besides.

I'm not really sure they were lies, as such. He is doing exactly what he said he would do. Eliminating oversights and regulations intended to protect people. Eliminating taxes, and getting rid of healthcare (which only failed because the Senate balked).

He was openly racist and proclaimed hatred of Mexicans.

Every time he did anything too wild his defenders were either complicit, or they had convinced themselves that he didn't really mean it. They projected onto him traits he never had, and projected traits onto his children like Ivanka about them being moderate. There was no evidence ever that this was true.

They assumed he would settle and show his real genius once in the role and the campaign was over, only for it to turn out that he was every bit as stupid and bigoted as ever. There was no show, it was all true: Trump is an incompetent cretin, and his voters are to blame for not taking his rhetoric seriously. They do indeed deserve what they get: exactly who the man said he is. They were completely happy for discrimination to happen - as long it was to somebody else. The complaints in this article aren't they he is a bigot, it's that his bigotry affects them that's what is stinging.

There are 30 or 40 people in the WH working with temporary security clearances, including the President's son-in-law. I can believe that Kushner cannot get a security clearance because he won't provide all the information required for the clearance, but what about the rest of them?

Are they all spousal abusers and shoplifters? DUI convictions in the closet?

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

There are 30 or 40 people in the WH working with temporary security clearances, including the President's son-in-law.

How long is temporary? It has been a year! :o

The leftist media's adoring treatment of KJU's sister is sickening.  A murderess who is responsible for the torture, murder, and forced starvation of countless people - yet the left media hates Trump SO much that they've cozied up to her.  I can't stand Trump either, but using a murdering bitch as your weapon to bash Trump...no wonder nobody trusts the "big" media outlets.  Fortunately many liberal and classical liberal reporters are sounding off on this as well.  CNN, MSNBC, and the rest, should all be burned to the ground.  The Democratic party should be right in line with them as well.  Need a new, truly honest party that stands by liberal principles, and aren't all corrupt pieces of garbage a la Clintons etc.  I'd never support the Republicans, but until the Dems and their media arm cut the shit, I'll be supporting the Greens.

4 minutes ago, SerHaHa said:

The leftist media's adoring treatment of KJU's sister is sickening.  A murderess who is responsible for the torture, murder, and forced starvation of countless people - yet the left media hates Trump SO much that they've cozied up to her.  I can't stand Trump either, but using a murdering bitch as your weapon to bash Trump...no wonder nobody trusts the "big" media outlets.  Fortunately many liberal and classical liberal reporters are sounding off on this as well.  CNN, MSNBC, and the rest, should all be burned to the ground.  The Democratic party should be right in line with them as well.  Need a new, truly honest party that stands by liberal principles, and aren't all corrupt pieces of garbage a la Clintons etc.  I'd never support the Republicans, but until the Dems and their media arm cut the shit, I'll be supporting the Greens.

Uh, you should tell us who the hell KJU is....

6 minutes ago, SerHaHa said:

buddy have i got some bad news about america....

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/11/health/aetna-california-investigation/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

former aetna medical director admits to never reviewing patients medical records when determining coverage. fuck these ghouls and their whole rotten industry

20 minutes ago, SerHaHa said:

Uh...what leftist media are you talking about? Shouldn't you at least provide some quotes as evidence before you make this accusation?

The media Trump accuses of being leftist, and fake of course, are CNN, the NYT and the WaPo, among others, and the reports I've seen from them have posed the question has a diplomatic opportunity been missed by having Pence ignore her. That is not what I would call either cozying up to her or using a murdering bitch to bash Trump. 

22 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

What's its projected GDP growth in the future and deficit/GDP ratio in the future. And what's the effective interest rate cost?

I don't know what our projected GDP and deficit/GDP ratios are, but the deficit to GDP ratio has increased by 3.3 points pa. the last four years (i.e. has increased from 27.8% to 41.1%). I am not aware of any plans to cut spending or increase taxes (quite the reverse).  

5 year government bonds are at a touch under 2.5% return, and 10 year ones a touch under 3.0%.  

We also have a problem in Australia that although our national debt to GDP ratio is (relatively) quite good, our private debt to GDP ratio is pretty terrible.  Although that does mean the economy is extremely sensitive to changes in interest rates.  

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

Uh...what leftist media are you talking about? Shouldn't you at least provide some quotes as evidence before you make this accusation?

The media Trump accuses of being leftist, and fake of course, are CNN, the NYT and the WaPo, among others, and the reports I've seen from them have posed the question has a diplomatic opportunity been missed by having Pence ignore her. That is not what I would call either cozying up to her or using a murdering bitch to bash Trump. 

Most of what I've seen is also commenting on the feckless boob that is Mike Pence.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/pences-anti-north-korea-pr-campaign-bombs.html

35 minutes ago, SerHaHa said:

The leftist media's adoring treatment of KJU's sister is sickening.  A murderess who is responsible for the torture, murder, and forced starvation of countless people - yet the left media hates Trump SO much that they've cozied up to her.

Do you have evidence of her being responsible for anything of the sort? As far as I can tell, her only official responsibilities are for agitation and propaganda which makes her a kindred spirit to our media, but hardly justifies the list in your second sentence.

37 minutes ago, SerHaHa said:

I'd never support the Republicans, but until the Dems and their media arm cut the shit, I'll be supporting the Greens.

It's remarkable how coordinated, stealth, and effective the Dems are at organizing and executing their agenda across society ... except in REAL LIFE.

Corker Reconsidering Senate Run

The two-term Tennessee GOP senator decided to call it quits in September amid an on-again, off-again dispute with President Donald Trump that has eroded his standing with the party’s base. But now a faction of Republicans in Tennessee and Washington are worried that the favorite for the Republican Senate nomination, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), could lose the general election — and with it the Senate majority. [..]

The poll, conducted by Glen Bolger of Public Opinion Strategies for a Tennessee business group and obtained by POLITICO, shows Bredesen up 47 to 45, despite a sample that was overweighted with Republicans. The survey shows that voters preferred a generic Republican over a Democrat and strongly approved of Trump, signs that even in a Republican-leaning state like Tennessee, Blackburn is in for a tough race.

To the bolded, those are pretty big red flags...

Good news for this guy's psychiatrist:

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

Good news for this guy's psychiatrist:

Given the article seems to indicate he's had some pretty big flair ups in the past with his parents because he's conservative and he's not, any work the psychiatrist is doing is probably already done.  Not sure how this is really news.  

Archived