US Politics: Borrow And Spend Conservatism Marches On

Mr. Chatywin et al.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

They're pro-birth. Once you're born, they don't care any more. 

that’s not even true though, otherwise they wouldn’t be slashing funding to things like community health centers and other providers of maternal health. tywin has it exactly right here, anti-choice is the most precise fit

9 minutes ago, unpaid comintern said:

that’s not even true though, otherwise they wouldn’t be slashing funding to things like community health centers and other providers of maternal health. tywin has it exactly right here, anti-choice is the most precise fit

Pro old men having control over women's bodies.

Racist white suburbanites that have never met a person of color and live in a whiter than a klan rally town, clutch onto their guns because they are scared of being the victim of a crime and a person of color committing it.

But they aren't scared about themselves, their loved ones and friends getting gunned down in a mass shooting committed by some angry white guy, something that is far more likely to happen than the fictitious murderous black super criminal they have an arsenal for.

I haven't seen any discussion about it, but the man whose name I can never spell right, Reince Priebus, is making the media rounds and he's being pretty blunt about his time in the White House.

Leaves one hope that he sung like a canary to Mueller. Reince isn't very sharp, lord knows how he got his jobs, but he's not the type that's going to go down for anything Trump did.

5 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Well, this should surprise no one. 

Nikolas Cruz Trained With Florida White-Supremacist Group, Leader Says

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nikolas-cruz-trained-with-florida-white-supremacist-group-leader-says

That's not fair, there are good people among all sides.

#AllLivesMatter #MenToo #TheWhitePowerRanger'sNameSpokeToMeAsAChildForSomeReason

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I haven't seen any discussion about it, but the man whose name I can never spell right, Reince Priebus...

I think his name is spelled:  E N A B L I N G  W H I T E  S U P R E M A C I S T. That looks right, there isn't a squiggly red underline on the browser.

48 minutes ago, Squab said:

The guy from the white nationalist group has taken his statement back that the shooter was a member of his group. He says it was a misunderstanding and that there are several people named Nicholas in the ROF. Lets see if the MSM walks back the accusation that the shooter was a white nationalist. 

5 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

The guy from the white nationalist group has taken his statement back that the shooter was a member of his group. He says it was a misunderstanding and that there are several people named Nicholas in the ROF. Lets see if the MSM walks back the accusation that the shooter was a white nationalist. 

No doubt they will, but it won't change the message already out there. Which isn't necessarily fair; redactions don't get as much coverage as accusations.

I don't really see why it would bother you, though. Who cares if the reputation of White Nationalists is sullied?

Here's a thought: why doesn't any media in the USA have the courage to cover the story in the way that literally the rest of the world talks about America?

Some suggested headlines, all paraphrased from the coverage in Australia:

(This isn't to say it's how I see Americans, it's to say this is how they're discussed in our media)

"Once again America chooses its guns over its children"

"America would literally rather die than give up guns"

"Children shot by Americans who want their guns so much they shoot their kids to keep them"

"Yet another white man with 'mental health problems' to go with the black men who are 'culturally violent'"

"They did nothing after Sandy Hook, so they're not going to do a thing now"

Archived