NFL Offseason '18: Our American Cousins

Rhom

33 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Bi-polar Jace is back.

Fuck the Colts, they just signed someone called Denico Autry for more than what Carlos Hyde got.

Autry is a 27 year old DE with the Raiders you've never heard of with a groundbreaking 10.5 sacks... in 4 years.

Their McDaniels-selected defensive coordinator probably sees potential in him.

Two theories here about what's going on with the Pats. First, the crazy one. Belichick is still seething over being forced to trade Handsome Jimmy, so he's intentionally trying to get Brady injured so he doesn't ever have to deal with him again. We'll know this to be true if the Pats draft Jackson or Rudolph. Or, a more rational thought is that players around the league saw how BB did Butler dirty in the Owl and would rather play elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Two theories here about what's going on with the Pats. First, the crazy one. Belichick is still seething over being forced to trade Handsome Jimmy, so he's intentionally trying to get Brady injured so he doesn't ever have to deal with him again. We'll know this to be true if the Pats draft Jackson or Rudolph. Or, a more rational thought is that players around the league saw how BB did Butler dirty in the Owl and would rather play elsewhere. 

Could be all of the above. Dudes seeing that the Patriot way + Crazy Brady + Fucking Gronk + Angry Bill + Kooky Dad Kraft + Playing for an Oathbreaker just might not be worth it. Especially with other teams ascendant. This Dynasty is going to end ugly, but I'm not saying it's ending NOW. Just that there are some pretty obvious cracks in the formerly unbreakable foundations.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's OK. He's just lashing out because he knows his dynasty is coming to it's end.

:P

Well, yeah. Picking on the Colts is one of the few sources of joy left to my jaded, bitter heart.

6 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Forgivable if you didn't see Anthony Muñoz play.  But no doubt in my mind Muñoz is #1 by a good margin.

:agree:

Saw the Raiders are interested in trading for Burfict. I would absolutely hate to lose him, even for a huge return. Yes he misses a lot of games due to injuries and suspensions, but he’s the heart and soul of the Bengals defense, and they totally suck without him. 

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

:agree:

Saw the Raiders are interested in trading for Burfict. I would absolutely hate to lose him, even for a huge return. Yes he misses a lot of games due to injuries and suspensions, but he’s the heart and soul of the Bengals defense, and they totally suck without him. 

As someone invested in neither Pitt nor the Bengals, I would be happy to see this trade happen simply so that damn rivalry woulc no longer have this piece of ammo for use in their ridiculous hate-fueled annual quarreling. 

4 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

As someone invested in neither Pitt nor the Bengals, I would be happy to see this trade happen simply so that damn rivalry woulc no longer have this piece of ammo for use in their ridiculous hate-fueled annual quarreling. 

It’s already been debunked. The Steelers will have to keep fearing 55 for the near future. :P

So the Packers release Jordy and the Raiders release Crabtree. Raiders then scoop Jordy. Both on the wrong side of 30 and had down years. Crabtree still had 8 tds but he's apparently a locker room arse. Gotta say, I wasn't aware of this, but understandable with a new coach coming in. As for Nelson, his down year is clearly a tribute to Rodgers being injured. I think it was a little premature to get rid of him. Coulda been a nasty offense now that they've added the other Jimmy G.

7 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

So the Packers release Jordy and the Raiders release Crabtree. Raiders then scoop Jordy. Both on the wrong side of 30 and had down years. Crabtree still had 8 tds but he's apparently a locker room arse. Gotta say, I wasn't aware of this, but understandable with a new coach coming in. As for Nelson, his down year is clearly a tribute to Rodgers being injured. I think it was a little premature to get rid of him. Coulda been a nasty offense now that they've added the other Jimmy G.

I think Nelson's style lends itself to being a valuable receiver into his mid-30's. He's a pretty sturdy looking guy. Reggie Wayne looked like a wobbly deer at the end.

38 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I think Nelson's style lends itself to being a valuable receiver into his mid-30's. He's a pretty sturdy looking guy. Reggie Wayne looked like a wobbly deer at the end.

I agree. I think he still has a couple seasons in him. He'll work well with Carr next year I'd wager.

Also, SB Nation released some Sam Bradford awesomeness regarding all the money he's raked in over his tepid career:

Rams: $65M

Eagles: $23.9M

Vikings: $25M

Cardinals: $20M

Total: $133.9M 

Sink your teeth into that

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I agree. I think he still has a couple seasons in him. He'll work well with Carr next year I'd wager.

Also, SB Nation released some Sam Bradford awesomeness regarding all the money he's raked in over his tepid career:

Rams: $65M

Eagles: $23.9M

Vikings: $25M

Cardinals: $20M

Total: $133.9M 

Sink your teeth into that

Gotta love Eric Weddle's take on Bradford, couldn't agree more. While it is no where close to that amount of money, Chase Daniel has earned over $24 million to throw just 78 passes in his 8 year career. That's a lot of money to hold a clip board.

50 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Gotta love Eric Weddle's take on Bradford, couldn't agree more. While it is no where close to that amount of money, Chase Daniel has earned over $24 million to throw just 78 passes in his 8 year career. That's a lot of money to hold a clip board.

Chase Daniel is a perfect example of how a backup QB can earn a ton of money by just not rocking the boat or being an asshole.  If you're just willing to positively work with the other QBs on the team, you'll earn money in the NFL.

17 minutes ago, briantw said:

Chase Daniel is a perfect example of how a backup QB can earn a ton of money by just not rocking the boat or being an asshole.  If you're just willing to positively work with the other QBs on the team, you'll earn money in the NFL.

He's also never done anything stupid like chase a bad team's starting job and proven that he can't play. He's just happily bounced around good teams as a backup.

Archived