Putin

Jon Snow being real Aegon

25 posts in this topic

If I had to bet I would bet his name is Aegon Targaryen. 

Don’t think they would pull a Asha/Yara on something so important as Jon’s birth name. 

Edited by jcmontea

To those saying he would’ve been called Visenya, I totally disagree. Visenya was the elder of Aegon’s sisters so if Rhaegar had been planning on naming his three children after them he would’ve called Rhaenys Visenya. 

Rhaegar naming him Aegon makes him look like a jerk, because he's essentially replacing his elder son Aegon with Jon. It would make more sense with naming Jon Viserys, since Rhaegar seemed to be naming his kids after Aegon the Conqueror and his sister-wives; he already had a Rhaenys and an Aegon, and a Visenya/Viserys would complete the trio. Or he could name him Aemon, for Aemon the Dragonknight or Maester Aemon, with whom Rhaegar kept a long correspondence.

I'm of the thought that Jon didn't have a name in the books other than the one Ned gave him. I think the Aegon was just a perverted easter egg D&D threw in.

On 13.2.2018 at 6:00 AM, jcmontea said:

Don’t think they would pull a Asha/Yara on something so important as Jon’s birth name. 

Dickon's brother and Eggon are the best friends evar. Man that was important. Now back to Bessie and her tits.

Edited by SirArthur