Football: CL is back

Mark Antony

Was waiting over a day for someone with a more creative mind than me to make a new thread :dunno:

Things get even worse for Lacazette as he’s out for 4-6 weeks after minor knee surgery. Poor guy. Now Arsenal are stuck with just Welbeck at striker for Europa

Hazard was brilliant yesterday. 

Thought this analysis by Henry on Firmino was excellent. Saying he wished he could have played with him is such high praise :D Didn’t realize Firmino lifted that back heel over the defenders leg. https://streamable.com/pzncn

Excited for Spurs/Juve 

1 minute ago, Sandokan I Ironborn said:

PS: if there has ever been a player I want in my club, that's Moussa Dembélé. Okay, Eriksen too.

Mourinho will probably play Dembele as a second DM like he does at times with Pogba and Eriksen will be an auxiliary fullback.

14 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Thought this analysis by Henry on Firmino was excellent. Saying he wished he could have played with him is such high praise :D Didn’t realize Firmino lifted that back heel over the defenders leg. https://streamable.com/pzncn

Excited for Spurs/Juve 

Some gushing praise there by Henry for Firmino :D.Hmm...wonder what Soylent will say... :P

Tough situation for Liverpool tonight.  We're heavily favored against a team that's hard to evaluate.  They're in great form in their weak domestic league, they have powerful forwards who are plundering tons of goals on counter-attacks, they've had far fewer games than Liverpool during the CL break, and their progression to the knock-out stages was due to beating Monaco twice (8-2 in aggregate) -- but Monaco were very weak at that point before finding their feet in their domestic league.

I hope our high press can unsettle them and carry the day, but we need to maintain some discipline to not get sucker-punched.

Heh, Salah just calmly takes 3 touches and goes round the goalie before scoring on the rebound. It's really not that difficult this football thing is it?

Mane's not anywhere near his best but that's his 10th goal to go with 6 assists in the league and Champions League which really isn't a bad contribution by any means.

A bit fortunate for Mane (bad decision not to pass) but hopefully it will lift his confidence and let him return to playing instinctively.  And 11 goals, 6 assists by Mane in PL & CL is just slightly ahead of Martial and Eriksen, and well ahead of Alexis, Pogba, Alli, Son, Rashford, Lingard, Willian, Pedro, Ozil, and Lacazette.  Not bad for a player struggling for form and missing games earlier through suspension and then injury.

(He scored his second as I was typing).

Archived