Football: CL is back

Mark Antony

Can't pin any of those on Adrián, but I wonder if Moyes will use this as an excuse to play Joe Hart?

Liverpool were clearly ready for us and continually stretched out and then perforated our old, slow back five. 

9 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Zweite Liga Hamburg ist dabei

Dont jinx it. That damn dinosaur has cheated death way too often in the past. But it looks atm, doesn't it?

Anyway, with their moron support throwing a tantrum (that's gonna be a fine), and with Bruchhagen bitching about the goal being offside even after shown video replays, and even with lines drawn and still insisting the goal shouldn't have stood. It's a promising start for the football weekend. :D

40 minutes ago, Notone said:

Dont jinx it. That damn dinosaur has cheated death way too often in the past. But it looks atm, doesn't it?

Anyway, with their moron support throwing a tantrum (that's gonna be a fine), and with Bruchhagen bitching about the goal being offside even after shown video replays, and even with lines drawn and still insisting the goal shouldn't have stood. It's a promising start for the football weekend. :D

With Wolfsburg drawing their way to safety and Bremen getting into a good run of form at this stage again, only Mainz look catchable. I think it probably was a foul on van Drongelen even if Belfodil was onside, but they deserve some bad luck after all these chances they have had to turn it around.

Good win for Liverpool today.  In prior seasons there was complacency in similar situations.  Milner has played really well in recent games and Robertson has been consistently very good for a couple of months.  Our midfield rotation is helping with energy levels and we just need to keep our three forwards healthy and fresh.  The rotation in November and December has helped keep the whole team fresh through the winter.  Only a year ago there was widespread condemnation that Klopp’s gegenpressing would always exhaust players and lead to muscle strains and see the team fade away in the second half of the season.

I hope Klopp is rotating heavily for the return leg against Porto.  Perhaps Lallana, Moreno, Ings, Solanke and Klavan should all be starting, possibly Woodburn too. 

9 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I hope Klopp is rotating heavily for the return leg against Porto.  Perhaps Lallana, Moreno, Ings, Solanke and Klavan should all be starting, possibly Woodburn too. 

Two or three players, maybe. Six players? Hell, no!

Archived