WW invasion happens whos your top two generals?

Stormking902

Lets say this is pre AGOT so the realm is united under Bobby B so the WW are facing a powerful enemy and we have everyone to chose from. 

Also choose your top two picks not who Bobby B would pick. 

Bonus: If you wanna suggest a defense strategy against the WW feel free to I love a good read lol. 

2 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

Tywin for the strategy, planning and organization

I'd agree. Tywin on the logistical side makes sense

4 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

Robb Stark as tactical commander.

Do White Walkers sleep? That was Robb's main tactic in his war. Oxcross, Whispering Wood and Battle of the Camps were all night attacks. 

I'd have Robert as the ground/tactical commander. Someone who commands respect, listens to his authority and maintains high morale while being a great commander (though mediocre King). 

It saddens me somewhat when we forget about northern people. It is quite hard to get a southron army up north and to keep its supply lines well fed and enough to fight an army of undead and walkers of the white. Mighty Stan is up there and his knights can hardly keep the pace on their clansmen companions.

If we want to save the North, which is the primary fighting ground, I think we need a northern commander who could summon the men of the clans, who for me are the best warriors to fight any being or entity that comes from beyond the Wall in northern terrain. Well, I propose Hugo Wull.

53 minutes ago, Son of Man said:

So far as defense, uhm, there is no defense against the White Walkers.  The best they can do is hold them off long enough to evacuate as many people as possible.

Fire is a form of defense and I'm sure the children of the forest or BR would inform the living about Dragon glass. 

Honestly, offering battle against the Others would be stupid. Your casualties would just enlarge their army. If this is pre-GoT finding out that obsidian and possibly Valryian steel kill the would take time. So you'd want to initiate a delaying action while you evacuate south of the neck and erect barriers there. You'd want someone in charge that's level headed enough to stick to the plan despite the losses and won't let emotion and casualties get in the way of the greater good. So Tywin Lannister would be ruthless, cold hearted and cunning enough to fit that criteria.

10 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I’d say Stannis and maybe Big Bucket Wull because that group would be rather formidable. 

Absolutely! Damn, why didn't I think of that! :whip:

The other obvious one is Jon, of course. 

Ned knows the North and he has their loyalty and given Robert’s Rebellion and that Robb did quite well for a kid, I’m guessing that Ned would do  well. Other general would be Stannis hands-down but I'm not sure if pre-AGOT Stannis would do as well as current Stannis. He's evolved.

Tywin is good, but with Robb we saw that a lot of Tywin’s strength comes from knowing the enemy and if the enemy is wights/Others, then I’m not sure how well he’d do. If my theory that there’s stonemen and greyscale under Casterly Rock is true though, then Tywin would be my choice over Stannis.

Ned Stark and Stannis Baratheon. One has the love and loyalty of 90% of the North, which is the region that's going to be your front line of defence, and also knows the land very well. He's also quite close with some of the high ups in the NW. Stannis is one of the best commanders in Westeros and as far as we've seen in canon, the only one willing to take threats from beyond the wall seriously.

I would choose Chezdhar zo Rhaezn and one of his brothers (the so-called 'Clanker-Lords') as my generals and their chained slave army as my troups.

The chained slave soldiers make for a nice Troyan horse: Once they get slain and raised by the WW they severely hamper any sort of organized troup movement by the wight army.

Imagine those long rows of chained ice-zombies ambling this way and that (and quite likely hopelessly entangling even their un-chained co-wights.)

Archived