Stormking902

WW invasion happens whos your top two generals?

31 posts in this topic

Ned Stark, definitely. The man may not be the greatest strategist/tactician, but he inspires the love of his people, and considering the North is the first realm in danger, he's a cinch.

Stannis would be the top commander numero dos, with Randyll Tarly as his second-in-command.

But let's be real: King Bob is gonna be leading the fight because he's King Bob.

On 2/15/2018 at 10:58 PM, Amris said:

I would choose Chezdhar zo Rhaezn and one of his brothers (the so-called 'Clanker-Lords') as my generals and their chained slave army as my troups.

The chained slave soldiers make for a nice Trojan horse: Once they get slain and raised by the WW they severely hamper any sort of organized troup movement by the wight army.

Imagine those long rows of chained ice-zombies ambling this way and that (and quite likely hopelessly entangling even their un-chained co-wights.)

ROFL

If this is pre GOT events and all the realm is united, then the picks should be:

1.Tywin Lannister - organization

2.Stannis Baratheon - defence strategy

if the picks are based on GOT events then u have :

1.Bronn - organization

2.Ramsay - defence strategy

Tywin is a politician at heart and fights humans (should the Others fear him? reputation is his being), Stannis is a good tactician but not a strategist. 

Let the professionals handle the task of fighting a prolongued movement war in cold weather:

- Lord Commander Mormont (it's his job)
- Mance Raydar (he does it to survive)

honorable mention: commanders with extended cold weather and leadership experience and useable as real field commanders under the strategic command: Stannis, Ned Stark, Howland Reed (for his ability to hold the Neck), and so on. There is no lack of good field commanders.  

1.Bronn - organization

2.Ramsay - defence strategy

show watcher eh ?

36 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

Let the professionals handle the task of fighting a prolongued movement war in cold weather:

- Lord Commander Mormont (it's his job)
- Mance Raydar (he does it to survive)

my first pick was Mormont also but he did an awful job as a commander of Night Watch (poor management of man and resource) + man mutiny. u need to defend the Wall, castles against WW. Stannis already proved hes good at that. u need someone to inspire respect and fear, someone like BlackFish

Mance Rayder good as a leader but the Realm is united. So we already have a king, dozen of nobles and too much hate against free folks. He will never be picked as general of huge army + he proved he is not a good strategist.

Edited by Pacala

On 15/02/2018 at 0:42 AM, kissdbyfire said:

Absolutely! Damn, why didn't I think of that! :whip:

The other obvious one is Jon, of course. 

Pre-GOT Jon? I would say nay on that one as he undergoes significant development through the first book aloneness which makes him more suited to command by Dance.

Stannis is a good choice, I think, as long as he includes suitable advisors on his council - like Archmaester Marlyn for example. No point being a brilliant strategist if you know nothing about your foes

20 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Pre-GOT Jon? I would say nay on that one as he undergoes significant development through the first book aloneness which makes him more suited to command by Dance.

Stannis is a good choice, I think, as long as he includes suitable advisors on his council - like Archmaester Marlyn for example. No point being a brilliant strategist if you know nothing about your foes

Agree. I was thinking ADwD Jon. I also never considered characters that are already dead, or I would definitely have added Ned too. :)

1 hour ago, Pacala said:

He will never be picked as general of huge army + he proved he is not a good strategist.

I do the picking here. That was the entire point of the question. Also I want to win the war, not have some spoiled Lady Sansa version of it where nobility has to win in order of their rank. 

I would put Northeners who know/remember more about this danger. Ned Stark and Jeor Mormont are good choices.