4 Upcoming Battles: Steel, Ice, Blood & Fire (your predictions?)

Frey Kings

I take this is Preston Jacob's imaginery about what will happen.

Not sure if Dany will make it back to Meereen in time, since she is somewhere not disclosed with severe diarrhea and apparently spotted by wandering dothrakis. If I see it correctly, the 'battle of fire' will be fought between Vic vs the slavers vs Barry's forces. May be a free for all if Dany don't make it back before Vic notices she's not there and the dragons that were promised are not delivered.

The battle of ice assumes Stan will defeat the Freys. I'd just rather read the damn thing before imagining a clash between Stannis & Ramsay.

Euron & the battle of blood seems to me the most interesting. I take it Euron has to win that battle, because his arc is just developing forward, and I think he will set in the horror factor that might be prevalent in Winds.

Ice: I see Stannis defeating frey/Bolton forces via the night lamp theory, and preceding to besiege or capture winterfell.

Fire: I imagine alot of casualities on all sides with a large amount of the ships being destroyed by the wild dragons with an eventual targaryean victory. A few consideral possibilities could be a slaver victory in the field which leads to a once again besieged meeren, intil dany relieves them with dothraki. I think that Barristan will likely die in this battle as Tyrion will soon be in a place to advise Dany and i cant imagine Barisristan living too much longer anyway. 

Blood: I think an easy Greyjoy victory via mass blood sacriface is likely 

Steel: Aegon will take storms end but I have no idea how he will beat Mace's army unless Tarly turns on Mace.

6 hours ago, Frey Kings said:

Ice: Stannis vs Boltons

Stannis wins, Boltons retreat to winterfell 

Fire: Daenerys vs Slavers

We know the slavers siege lines will be broken 

Blood: Euron vs Redwyne Fleet

He will probably win. He sacrifices his lover and brother before the battle 

Steel: JonCon vs Storm End's garrison and Mace Tyrell's forces

We know that JonCon's forces take storms end 

I'm expecting Stannis to be fairly successful in uniting the north after defeating the Boltons, possibly with Rickon as his nominal Lord in Winterfell.  I believe Stannis will at least live to see the start of the battle against the Others, but will die while fighting them or while attempting to go south to conquer more lands / collect more soldiers for the war for Dawn.

Daenerys is going to win at everything in some fashion or another, so even if Meereen is destroyed she would still learn a valuable lesson and be okay.

Euron and JonCon are both too new to the series to be off'd before collecting a few solid victories.

ICE: I agree with Preston Jacobs. Stannis is a smart man. He will defeat the Freys for sure, possibly with help of the Manderly forces, than he'll somehow enter the Winterfell and slay Roose and Ramsay (I hope, though I like Roose), but leave Lady Walda, because he is honourable. The North will be his. 

FIRE: Targaryen forces win, probably. Maybe not. I don't believe Dany will make it to the battle and it will have it's consequences. Maybe Victarion will get mad or something. Ser Barristan dies, I am almost sure of this. He will be missed. Tyrion will have his role. If Targaryen forces win, it could affect the Westerosi and Aegon. This will be the saddest one of the four.

STEEL: Jon and Aegon are winning this one. I am sure of that. They have to. Jon learned from his mistakes and just like Stannis, he knows what he is doing. I am also sure that Aegon will mess something up, I have that feeling since I read that "I will comand" part. Jon will probably menage to clean his mess. Aegon must be pure in eyes of Westeros. No one important will die, maybe Mace but I feel like it's still early for him to go.

BLOOD: Again, Preston Jacobs is probably right. Some bloody and messy magic and sacrifice is about to happen. He is also winning for sure. I love Redwynes and Hightowers, but they will be hurt. Probably Aeron is dying, maybe some Hightowers and/or good old Paxter, too.

Here's what I hope happens:

ICE:  The battle starts with some combination of Preston Jacob's ice holes theory and the Grand Northern Conspiracy theory.  But, just when the reader is convinced that the good guys are going to win, everyone involved in the battle is attacked by an army of wights.  The only way for any of them to survive is for them to work together against the army of the dead.  I would love to see Stannis forced to cooperate with Roose and Ramsay, those scenes would be epic.

FIRE:  Barristan leads an attack against the siege lines shattering them completely but while he is fighting the battle against the slavers Victarion's fleet sails into the bay and takes a relatively undefended Meereen.  Victarion doesn't find Dany in the city but there are two dragons that he can capture and try to tame.  Barristan is trapped outside the city gates.

BLOOD:  Release the Kraken!!!

STEEL:  Anything as long as it's clever and Jon/Aegon succeed.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:17 PM, Frey Kings said:

Battle inconclusive.  Rosse flees to Dreadfort.  Ramsay retreats to Winterfell.  Stannis still immobilized.

Volantene fleet tips the balance for the slavers, and Dany's allies are forced to flee aboard Greyjoy fleet.

Initially, a Euron victory, but Redwyne fleet and land forces of Tyrells eventually push them out.  A bloody mess.

Storm's End falls.  Lots of envoys between JonCon and Mace Tyrell.  Not sure about that outcome; depends on trials of Cersei and Margaery in Kings Landing.

5 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

Here's what I hope happens:

ICE:  The battle starts with some combination of Preston Jacob's ice holes theory and the Grand Northern Conspiracy theory.  But, just when the reader is convinced that the good guys are going to win, everyone involved in the battle is attacked by an army of wights.  The only way for any of them to survive is for them to work together against the army of the dead.  I would love to see Stannis forced to cooperate with Roose and Ramsay, those scenes would be epic.

FIRE:  Barristan leads an attack against the siege lines shattering them completely but while he is fighting the battle against the slavers Victarion's fleet sails into the bay and takes a relatively undefended Meereen.  Victarion doesn't find Dany in the city but there are two dragons that he can capture and try to tame.  Barristan is trapped outside the city gates.

BLOOD:  Release the Kraken!!!

STEEL:  Anything as long as it's clever and Jon/Aegon succeed.

I love Preston's Theories about these battles. They are so well crafted that even though they might not happen I am sad that we will never see any of them put to film. Instead we get Twenty Good Men. I also believe that Arianne will have something to do with Storm's End, otherwise her meeting with Haldon and the Golden Company seems useless to have written. 

Okay, my two cents.

Ice:  Stannis wins and yes the iced lake may play a part.  Also the fact that Manderley clearly wants Rickon for one of his grand-daughters, so he will switch sides, IMHO...  Still, it may not be a clear, clear win, Roose or Ramsay may escape but I think the real killer here is going to be both not enough provisions, not even within Winterfell and the fact that that castle is magical (numerous references throughout:  there must always be a Stark in WF, blah, was built by Bran the Builder, the crypts that Lady Dustin is so interested in....).  In essence, somehow or another Stannis will be unable to hold the castle and the positions could switch.  Before he was the one doing the siege and the Boltons inside.  I have to admit I am rubbish at battle thought so I could be way out... now we have him inside...  Something has to go very wrong if we are to take the Shireen spoiler seriously....  Okay, maybe Mel does it without his consent or something but something is going to go wrong inside WF.  Maybe he attempts to marry Shireen to Rickon, as and when he surfaces... and the Manderleys turn the cloak yet again... hard to say but I go for Stannis wins but not an easy ride maintaining the position.  Hey, his vassals from the original region worship the Old Gods, his fire et al are going to be a likely issue.   Not sure what his antagonist (persons or circumstances is but sure there will be one).

Fire:  Clear win for Dany & Co partly esteeming from Tyrion handing her the Second Sons.  Now, Victarion, the wild card.  My money is on the fact that he is going to do something utterly stupid that will get him killed.  It could be murdering Dany's slaver husband (in the cells).  Barry and Tyrion will not give a shit about him on a personal level but they may see this kind of action as something to take note of... Or he tries to bind the dragons via expendable people (he knows the price) and it backfires or something.  Either way either he dies or Tyrion has him executed.  Volantis will pose further problems for team Dany with her gone and all.  Barry may die but not before having at least a couple of meaningful conversations with Tyrion, I don't think.  I reckon the Shavepate would prove, not to be for the slavers, but for himself a bit like LF, and he will be found out too. Now, when Dany gets back well, hell of a lot of things have happened in her absence.  She is still committed to Slavers Bay but something will make her go West; after all, she had gone east (Dothraki territory) to go West, with the full force of the Khallasar...  It could be Aegon.  I think Tyrion will be influencial there.  I don't believe Tyrion believes him to be the real thing and much and more that he saw at Illyrio's surely will get him to that conclusion.  Fair is fair and if Dany wanted to marry him, he couldn't wait (reasonable in my mind that he couldn't) and has married Arianne and taken the IT.  Now, I know I am probably in the minority here and that a lot of people like him but I could see him condemning Tommen to die, possibly Myrcella too.  Tyrion not pleased...

Euron hell yes victorious like 100%  He is into magic and stuff as well, I wonder if, ironically, he might not help in the fight with the Others for his own purposes but indirectly doing so.  I certainly reckon he is trying to become some kind of God but doubt he will succeed when all is done and dusted.  I would love the irony of him, unknown to him, being an instrument in helping Team Living as I call it lol.

Steel - decisive victory for FAegon/ Jon Con - they will take the IT but not for long.  To me this "prince" sounds like a cheesy commercial TBH.  i reckon either him or his Queen, Arianne will fuck up royally.  I like her and she is willful but she did that with Myrcella lol  He is, my view based on not a lot, either going to become her puppet or a bit of a mad entitled dog but we shall see...

Now, I know this view is unpopular but for the final battle I go for a sort of stalemate with a compromise... I think the Others have to have some sort of a point.  In fact I like the way the show went with but I think for them to go back to sleep again the dragons have to go...  I expect this, the last book is when we will learn truly about Winterfell and the Stark connection.  Yes, I think the NK is a Stark lol

On 2018-02-14 at 0:17 AM, Frey Kings said:

Ice: Stannis wins when Manderly turns cloak. Stannis will die shortly after by wounds taken.

Fire: Dany wins, she'll swoop in on Drogon and turn every yellow tokar to ash.

Blood: Redwyne wins but Euron survives.

Steel: Faegon takes Storms End but gets sold out by GC to Cersei and ends up dead or hostage to her.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:17 AM, Frey Kings said:

Ice: Stannis wins, but his ultimate fate is probably to die at the wall. The North knows no king but the Starks, and it suits Stannis' fairly tragic story to die serving the kingdom that never recognised his lifetime of service to it.

Fire: Dany, easily. Other than the surprise of the attack itself, I think she is in a strong position.

Blood: Euron, because his story seems to keep getting more pages.

Steel: JonCon, as FAegon will gather strength until having his heartbroken to learn he isn't legit.

On 13/02/2018 at 11:17 PM, Frey Kings said:

Can't say for sure but these seem likely:

Ice: Stannis via a combination of melting the frozen lake (tempting his enemies to their cold, watery doom) and various parties turning on the Boltons. Time constraints make me think that after he has won, The Mannis will begin rounding up the troops and heading to The Wall - I can't think of any reason for him to stick around Winterfell, unless the snow gets even worse than it already is.

Fire: Viserion and Rhaegal turn the whole situation into a fiery disaster, destroying most of Dany's enemes, and a good number of her allies too, with Dany's remaining crew picking up the pieces in the aftermath.

I think there will be too many bodies, all packed in like sardines, both on the ground and in the bay. Think of the damage the Wildfyre did at Blackwater; if the green stuff was oh so flamable then think what dragonfire might do, considering it is hotter. If the dragon's start eating their victims then they might even grow to Drogon like size by the time Dany gets back.

Blood: Euron via a few hulls full of blood, a pinch of sacrificial sorcery and some hungry kraken. The only trouble I have with this is that such a strategy would likely result in the destruction of the Redwyne Fleet - that's a lot of ships which could be put to good use by the IB.

Perhaps Euron commands his Kraken to leave a few ships unharmed, so as to claim them for his own - "My Dear Lord Redwyne, I'm coming aboard. Try anything and my tentacled brethren who are circling your ship will be ever so wroth"

Steel: I like Brynden Bfish's "Agincourt" theory - the Golden Company use muddy terrain and a hale of arrows to beat Mace's forces. Would be pretty ironic, seeing as Daemon I Blackfyre died in similar fashion.

Not sure how the Storm's End garrison will get theirs, but I think the idea of JonCon tricking them sounds good enough.

2 hours ago, Sigella said:

Ice: Stannis wins when Manderly turns cloak. Stannis will die shortly after by wounds taken.

Fire: Dany wins, she'll swoop in on Drogon and turn every yellow tokar to ash.

Blood: Redwyne wins but Euron survives.

Steel: Faegon takes Storms End but gets sold out by GC to Cersei and ends up dead or hostage to her.

I don't know about some your predictions, Sigella.  

• Battle of Fire:  Daenerys will be too busy winning the Dothraki over.  I think this battle will be fought without dragons.  I don't think the horn has power; however, blowing the horn will cause confusion for the good guys.  Remember, the horn is the signal.  Who knows what the horn sounds like?  A horn is a horn to many.  The sound of one horn can be mistaken for a signal.  The good defenders of the city of Meereen, the Free Company of Soldiers serving the Mother, the Ironborn, and the sellswords have the skills advantage over the Slavers and their hired armies.  But battles are mostly a game of numbers.  The less competent can win through sheer numbers.  I think the good guys, Team Daenerys, will get a victory but it may not be one-sided.  Many of the city defenders will die and many Ironborn ships will burn.  But yeah, it will be a costly win.  It may play out in such a way that it will require Dany, Drogon, and the Dothraki coming in to save the day.  
  • Battle of Ice:  I see this battle being so close.  Stannis will pull off a brilliant strategy but it will fall short.  Think, Oberyn vs the Mountain.  Roose Bolton is as smart as Roose and they are fighting in the north.  Bolton is behind walls while Stannis is outside.  The only weakness the Boltons have is the lack of food, which is a problem that Stannis shares.  The Boltons have traitors in their midst, which Roose must suspect, but he remedied that when he sent the Manderly forces out.  Stannis roasted his men for cannibalism and the food shortage is not likely to abate any time soon, expect a mutiny.   The Boltons will get a narrow victory and Stannis will be captured as outlined in the famous Pink Letter.  The Boltons will have what Torrhen had before the Conquest.
  • Battle of Blood:  Euron has the element of surprise and the Redwynes, Hightowers, and Tyrells are soft compared to the Ironborn.  Euron will have his way out in the seas but he is no match for the Tyrells on land.  This one will be a draw, with Euron winning the sea battles but losing the ground wars.  However, because the Tyrells will be drawn to the battle between Aegon and the Lannisters, Euron will eventually manage to take and hold the Reach and the Riverlands.  He will get what Harren Hoare had.
  • Battle of Steel:  Aegon will win the Stormlands and get Dornish support.  I don't believe he will be able to advance on King's Landing because the Lannisters are too powerful still.  Aegon will gain control of Dorne and the Stormlands.  In other words, he will get what Durandon had, plus Dorne.  

What I am predicting when the dust settles is a broken Westeros.  Westeros will pretty much revert back to the same conditions when Aegon first launched his conquest.  The Ironborn will have the seas and through attrition between the Tyrells and Aegon, he will become the new Black Harren.  Aegon becomes the new Argilac.  Either the Boltons or the Starks will be in the same situation that the Starks had under Torrhen.  Daenerys will play the role of Aegon and come to a divided Westeros that will have to be reconquered all over again.

On 2/14/2018 at 0:17 PM, Frey Kings said:

Ice - Stannis will defeat the Frey forces outside Winterfell but I think tragedy will strike shortly after. Either he will fail to take Winterfell, die in the process of successfully taking it, or have to return to the wall in chaos after taking it. I can't see the story progressing with Stannis in his current role.

Fire - Chaos. Barristan will be winning the battle (with no Daenerys) but on the cusp of victory, Victarion will have the dragon horn blown and the dragons will go crazy. So Mereen will win the battle but there will be massive carnage everywhere including the Ironborn fleet.

Blood - I think Euron doesn't even care about the battle or his fleet. It is largely a diversion so Oldtown brings it's ships out to join the fighting. At that time Euron will sneak into Oldtown and sack it, he is personally after something in the Citadel and doesn't care about his men at all. Euron's fleet will largely be destroyed.

Steel - Firstly Connington will capture Storms End by pretending the Golden company has been hired by Stannis to relieve them. Then soon after he wins a decisive victory against Mace Tyrell who marches from Kings landing. Randal Tarly will betray Mace and switch sides. 

On February 13, 2018 at 10:10 PM, That guy said:

Ice: I see Stannis defeating frey/Bolton forces via the night lamp theory, and preceding to besiege or capture winterfell.

Fire: I imagine alot of casualities on all sides with a large amount of the ships being destroyed by the wild dragons with an eventual targaryean victory. A few consideral possibilities could be a slaver victory in the field which leads to a once again besieged meeren, intil dany relieves them with dothraki. I think that Barristan will likely die in this battle as Tyrion will soon be in a place to advise Dany and i cant imagine Barisristan living too much longer anyway. 

Blood: I think an easy Greyjoy victory via mass blood sacriface is likely 

Steel: Aegon will take storms end but I have no idea how he will beat Mace's army unless Tarly turns on Mace.

I agree with all of this.

I am 100% sure Euron will absolutely wreck the redwynes. The sea will run red for miles.... Unfortunately bc while I agree Euron is the next big bad he is also well he's Euron Greyjoy and he certainly Does not Sow 

On 2/14/2018 at 12:17 AM, Frey Kings said:

i think this will be twisted, he will win in the ice, but i doubt stannis will win Winterfell easily.

I hope this will be won daenerys and her forces, and every one should survive imo. a discussion between Barristan, Victarion and Tyrion would be so great.

Here is Preston Jacobs propably right, Euron will kraken the shit out of the redwynes

i doubt there will even be a battle tho.

Archived