Balon Swann's age

Paxter Redwyne

Hello, I was trying to figure out age of Balon Swann and couldn't find any information about it in the books. In Storm of Swords he told Jaime that his father Gulian is well past forty, but I found nothing more. Anyone have some idea how old he is? Is he closer to twenty or thirty?

I don't think there's anything firm in the books, but if his father's in his forties, then I would tentatively suggest that puts him in his twenties? His father could have had him young of course. He certainly carries himself like someone who's been about a bit:

"This one is not so easily seduced as was his Sworn Brother, Hotah thought. Ser Arys was a boy, despite his years. This one is a man, and wary." - Areo Hotah. 

I'd take a shot in the dark and say late twenties. 

50 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

I don't think there's anything firm in the books, but if his father's in his forties, then I would tentatively suggest that puts him in his twenties? His father could have had him young of course. He certainly carries himself like someone who's been about a bit:

"This one is not so easily seduced as was his Sworn Brother, Hotah thought. Ser Arys was a boy, despite his years. This one is a man, and wary." - Areo Hotah. 

I'd take a shot in the dark and say late twenties. 

I'd pretty much agree with this. I've always imagined him late 20's and Donnel early 30's.

Archived