Will Bran walk again???

AlaskanSandman

9 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Does every one really believe that Bran will spend the rest of his life in that cave like BR? Just curious.

I tend to think he wont. And im always curious who will actually be left as Lord of Winterfell. 

I do.  I believe that he can still play a very active role in the story without actually regaining the ability to walk and leave the cave.

Just now, White Ravens said:

I do.  I believe that he can still play a very active role in the story without actually regaining the ability to walk and leave the cave.

Hmmm. Seems odd to call BR the last greenseerer then. Merely the last for now till the next? May just not as catchy?

10 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Hmmm. Seems odd to call BR the last greenseerer then. Merely the last for now till the next? May just not as catchy?

Hmmm.  I thought that Brynden was the last greenseer.  But it doens't really matter. The term LAST greenseer applies because magic is gonna die at the end of the series.  No more magic = no more greenseers. 

I thinked about a very weird but rather cool suposition, i think he might have the chance to choose to walk again but he will not take this road because it would need some terrible thing to be done, as i mentioned in another post i think Bran is partly based on the Irish deity Brân the blessed, but i too think he is partly based on the Danish folklore creature Valravn:

"In Danish folklore, a valravn (Danish "raven of the slain") is a supernatural raven. The ravens appear in traditional Danish folksongs, where they are described as originating from ravens who eat the bodies of the dead on the battlefield, as capable of turning into the form of a knight after eating the entire heart of a child, and, alternately, as half-wolf and half-raven creatures."

So i think he might actually got a real new body and become a knight as he ever wanted but he will refuse to pay the price, the blood sacrfice of a a baby child, possibly an royal infant, since:

"According to Danish folklore recorded in the late 1800s, when a king or chieftain was killed in battle and not found and buried, ravens came and ate him. The ravens became valravne. The valravne that ate the king's heart gained human knowledge and could perform great malicious acts, could lead people astray, had superhuman powers, and were "terrible animals""

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valravn

On 17/02/2018 at 6:44 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

Does every one really believe that Bran will spend the rest of his life in that cave like BR? Just curious.

I tend to think he wont. And im always curious who will actually be left as Lord of Winterfell. 

I agree that he probably won't stay in the cave forever but I don't think he will walk again.

Bran's paralysis is physical and while he is able to twist, hoist and drag himself about his two legs are essentially hanging dead weights with no sensation whatsoever. I think there is a chance that paralysis is not the only debilitating thing about poor Bran's legs - loss of muscle mass and damage from the fall are also very real. Unless he is magically healed and undergoes a modern-day rehabilitation process, even if he were able to regain movement or even just sensation in his legs they will never be the same again.

As for who will be Lord of Winterfell, I suspect Jon will to counteract the "you can't be Lord of Winterfell" thing. If not him Sansa is a contender or even Rickon though I suspect he will have gone full-blown feral warg/wildling/Skargosi. Though I agree in principle that there is a chance Bran will at some point leave the cave (I'm thinking 1:3 chance of him leaving), I think his destiny is very much as the new wizard, God of the Trees, Prince of the Green etc. If he doesn't stay with Bloodraven he'll probably end up on the Isle of Faces or something. 

At this point it would feel odd if Bran were to suddenly give up his Jedi training to become Lord of Winterfell. I'm not against him returning to Winterfell one day since I disagree he will die or become permanently wired into the weirnet, just not as Lord and not to stay.

Then again, every day is opposite day in asoiaf land so if people think in-story Bran won't ever do something because he is crippled, he very possibly will using his skin-changing abilities. People think Bran can never be a knight? Well, "hold his weirwood paste" so to speak because he could take control of someone else to do it.

On 2/16/2018 at 10:44 PM, AlaskanSandman said:

There is no reason to believe that bran will leave the cave. The whole point of the weirwood paste is to bind him to the tree 

On 2/17/2018 at 1:44 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

This person thinks that Bran & companions will leave the cave by using the underground caverns that lead under the Wall as referenced by the Gendel & Gorne tale.

As usual when I use the search site I come away with something new to me. In this case it is ---- the old chronicles of Winterfell ---- maybe those old chronicles will be discussed in F&B II.

The World of Ice and Fire - The Wall and Beyond: The Wildlings        The brothers Gendel and Gorne were joint kings three thousand years ago. Leading their host down beneath the earth into a labyrinth of twisting subterranean caverns, they passed beneath the Wall unseen to attack the North. Gorne slew the Stark king in battle, then was killed in turn by the king's heir, and Gendel and his remaining wildlings fled back to their caverns, never to been seen again.

The Horned Lord would follow them, a thousand years after (or perhaps two). His name is lost to history, but he was said to have used sorcery to pass the Wall. After him, centuries later, came Bael the Bard, whose songs are still sung beyond the Wall...but there are questions as to whether he truly existed or not. The wildlings say he did and credit many songs to his name, but the old chronicles of Winterfell say nothing of him. Whether this was due to the defeats and humiliations he was said to have visited upon them (including, according to one improbable story, deflowering a Stark maid and getting her with child) or because he never existed, we cannot truly say./

I’m partially joking and partially serious. 1001 eye Bran will be Lord of WF.

As it stands time moves slow in the story. Bran starts off in book one at seven years of age. Let’s say three years have passed by the end of book five DwD, making Bran 10-11ish. Is the speed of the story going to end with Bran being 12-13ish?

On 2/20/2018 at 2:58 PM, Clegane'sPup said:

This person thinks that Bran & companions will leave the cave by using the underground caverns that lead under the Wall as referenced by the Gendel & Gorne tale.

As usual when I use the search site I come away with something new to me. In this case it is ---- the old chronicles of Winterfell ---- maybe those old chronicles will be discussed in F&B II.

The World of Ice and Fire - The Wall and Beyond: The Wildlings        The brothers Gendel and Gorne were joint kings three thousand years ago. Leading their host down beneath the earth into a labyrinth of twisting subterranean caverns, they passed beneath the Wall unseen to attack the North. Gorne slew the Stark king in battle, then was killed in turn by the king's heir, and Gendel and his remaining wildlings fled back to their caverns, never to been seen again.

The Horned Lord would follow them, a thousand years after (or perhaps two). His name is lost to history, but he was said to have used sorcery to pass the Wall. After him, centuries later, came Bael the Bard, whose songs are still sung beyond the Wall...but there are questions as to whether he truly existed or not. The wildlings say he did and credit many songs to his name, but the old chronicles of Winterfell say nothing of him. Whether this was due to the defeats and humiliations he was said to have visited upon them (including, according to one improbable story, deflowering a Stark maid and getting her with child) or because he never existed, we cannot truly say./

I’m partially joking and partially serious. 1001 eye Bran will be Lord of WF.

As it stands time moves slow in the story. Bran starts off in book one at seven years of age. Let’s say three years have passed by the end of book five DwD, making Bran 10-11ish. Is the speed of the story going to end with Bran being 12-13ish?

Thats an interesting idea as i love the 13 tie.

On 2/20/2018 at 11:21 AM, Dorian Martell's son said:

There is no reason to believe that bran will leave the cave. The whole point of the weirwood paste is to bind him to the tree 

Hmm. Dany is given a similar drink, and Arya smells a similar candle in the HOTU. Dany has escaped, though we're still waiting on Arya and or Bran. I like to think they'll all escape. Though one not escaping would add more threat and loss.

On 2/21/2018 at 6:01 PM, AlaskanSandman said:

Hmm. Dany is given a similar drink, and Arya smells a similar candle in the HOTU. Dany has escaped, though we're still waiting on Arya and or Bran. I like to think they'll all escape. Though one not escaping would add more threat and loss.

Exactly. I want the characters to have happy ending where they are reunited with their loved ones, but this story does not lend itself to that  

3 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Exactly. I want the characters to have happy ending where they are reunited with their loved ones, but this story does not lend itself to that  

Oh i definitely agree, i've always just kind of thought Dany and Jon would bite it some how. I always kind of thought Bran would survive along with Arya. Though they do have some pretty dark story archs that involve them doing some pretty bad things. Arya killing people, and Bran making Hodor a slave. 

4 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Oh i definitely agree, i've always just kind of thought Dany and Jon would bite it some how. I always kind of thought Bran would survive along with Arya. Though they do have some pretty dark story archs that involve them doing some pretty bad things. Arya killing people, and Bran making Hodor a slave. 

I figured Arya's death might be foreshadowed with Jon's remark about her frozed with needle in her hands. Jon and Dany look like they are going on the love train after some conflict and if bloodraven is any indication, bran will live a very long life in the tree. This leaves open the opportunity for Bran to skinchange Hodor on a journey south to return Meera and possibly Jojen's corpse to the neck 

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I figured Arya's death might be foreshadowed with Jon's remark about her frozed with needle in her hands. Jon and Dany look like they are going on the love train after some conflict and if bloodraven is any indication, bran will live a very long life in the tree. This leaves open the opportunity for Bran to skinchange Hodor on a journey south to return Meera and possibly Jojen's corpse to the neck 

I think his journey ends with holding doors, so idk about Hodor going south to the neck haha

Archived