Some news re: "Fire & Blood" & "Winds"

Ferocious Veldt Roarer

Most of us missed it (me included), some didn't. Under his post re: Hugo noms, GRRM did mention upcoming books of his. One of them, "Fire & Blood vol. 1", to be released this year. TWOW is supposed to come out between vol. 1 and vol. 2. (Credits to io9 for catching it).

OK, it's not much. It's actually very little. Yet, it's more actual info than I remember hearing from him for years.

Rilind Sahiti

Just out of curiosity: will FIRE AND BLOOD be released before or after Winds?
grrm

F&B will be in two volumes. Vol 1 before, vol 2 after.

2 hours ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

OK, it's not much. It's actually very little. Yet, it's more actual info than I remember hearing from him for years.

Thanks for noticing this! I will grasp at any straw, at this point.

Just a note in passing - Victor Milan, Albuquerque sf and fantasy writer, just died, and George RR wrote a fine memorium to his friend. I know it's selfish and loathesome, but it would be nice if this reminder of his own mortality caused GRRM to work a little faster on completing his most ambitious and popular series.

4 minutes ago, zandru said:

Just a note in passing - Victor Milan, Albuquerque sf and fantasy writer, just died, and George RR wrote a fine memorium to his friend. I know it's selfish and loathesome, but it would be nice if this reminder of his own mortality caused GRRM to work a little faster on completing his most ambitious and popular series.

I am a horrible person too- I think about that. 

2 hours ago, zandru said:

The mods have stated that in addition to mentioning the thing we shall not mention, speculating on the health of the author is a bannable offense 

Are we really going to buy Fire and Blood?  I believe I read somewhere that it would only cover the Targaryan kings through Aegon III.  Sons of the Dragon was good.  No, it was OK.  My interests lies in Aegon IV and to have to wait until after the World Book, F&B I, TWOW to get there leaves me less than really excited about it.   I think I will wait for @Lord Varys topic discussion before I invest any more hard earned cash into this endless puzzle.  

You know, Martin has posted more than a fair share of memoriums over the past year.   I'm sure he grapples with his future just like any person does in the wake of loss.  What a lousy, selfish thing to wish for a book when a person is grieving his friends.  Wow.  That level of careless, insensitive, remarkable incapacity to allow a man his grief is ... is... worthy of banning.   Wow.  

Got to admit, I'm interested in F&B 1 mainly for some more details on Visenya. Not all that interested in Aegon the Conqueror but I still hope it comes out this year. I have a asoiaf void that needs filling! ^_^

Archived