Why Do People Want Lady Stoneheart to Die?

lAPPYc

On 2/22/2018 at 7:18 AM, lAPPYc said:

I don't get why people think that every other plot needs to stop before the threat to the Others is fought against. Just because they showed it that way in the show doesn't mean that it is true. There is no need for the wars of the Seven Kingdoms to stop to battle the Others, the Others can just be another house in this battle. Of course, it will be helpful if everybody is united against them, but that doesn't mean that it will happen.

But then again, the people that Stoneheart wants to take out are the ones that are opposing the main party that right now seems to be the one who will fight the Others: Stannis and/or Jon. So maybe she will be instrumental to ending some of their enemies, like Jaime maybe, or the Freys.

Well, I said that Stoneheart has the potential to ease Jon's transition to the throne of the north, and that is part of the Others vs Jon plot.

I won't comment on that which should not be mentioned, but I don't mean to suggest only the Others vs. Stannis/Jon in the north and Daenerys vs. Aegon vs. Euron vs. Lannisters/Tyrells in the south are the only two stories that should be covered, but those are the two stories I am most interested in and every minute that GRRM spends writing Fire & Blood, Dunk & Egg, TWOIAF, or even side stories within ASOIAF is another minute not spent working on a resolution to AWOIAF.  I am very invested in the Sansa in the Vale plotline for example, and wouldn't have GRRM cut that out at all, but LSH seems unnecessary given that we've already had resurrection examples and she (and the Martells and Brienne's fruitless journey) just annoy me because they make the story longer without offering much entertainment.  I don't think GRRM has enough time to exhaustively write about everything, so I prefer he write about the stories I care most about.

• 2 weeks later...

Catelyn Tully is a divisive character with both good and bad traits. It makes her interesting even if you're cringing at some of her actions. Stoneheart pretty much just takes away all the good, a lot of the bad and pours gas on the remaining bad, making her the worst version of herself. To say nothing of it really doesn't add anything to the story beyond an initial shock value.

Archived