If you had to choose one character to be fostered who would it be and what house should foster them?

Varysblackfyre321

It would be challenging to find the right place for Ramsay. Thinking about it, it turns out that many fathers would actually make use of him instead of trying to change him, or just being unable to keep him in check so they'd cast him out as an embarrassment. Maybe Roose does his best after all.

Rickon-Victarion Greyjoy

Tyrion, Sam-Reader

Sweetrobin-Tywin 

Tommen-Eddard.

Joffrey to Winterfell - Get him away from Cersei's malign influence and give him a worthwhile mentor.  He might actually turn out to be a decent person.

Arya to Riverrun - Be with her mother's family, and is the center of the Riverlands. Lots to do there, and plenty of potential marriage possibilities in the region.

Jon to Manderlys - Gets him away from Catelyn. Lots of opportunities in a port town, as well.

Sweetrobin to anybody - Renly is a good choice. Did a good job with Edric Storm.  Get him the hell away from his mother.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, Varysblackfyre321 said:

My picks: Arya and Briene to bear Island-think I think the Mormonts would show them respect for not strictly conforming to their society's gender roles.

Little finger to the Freys: the type cleverness and trickery LF is natural at would have garnered him praise. 

Actually it might be better to send the Freys  to Petyr Baelish ,

Thanks for your great reply! Just a few of my thoughts...

19 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Arya not too sure.  Certainly the Mormont women seems like where she would have been happy or even Dorne and not being anti-feminist here or anything but, in her society, wouldn't it have been a little advantageous as well, even if she chose to reject the skills later to learn some of the most traditional female skills too?

I think it would have really helped Arya if, instead of being told You have to stop being Arya and become A Highborn Lady instead, they'd taken the approach of You need to learn to look and act like a highborn lady, for the times that's the expected role, but you're Arya, and there's nothing wrong with that.

19 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I guess though if I had made Jaime or Sandor, say take needle work they would have stuck me with the pointed end lol I guess in that society making a guy do needle work would have been out of the question as they would have been mocked for it.

Quite possibly! However, any man should appreciate the more specialized skills of being able to sew up wounds (very different stitching technique from needlework) and doing routine mending. Basic first aid is probably a part of knight's training, I'd think?

Archived