If you had to choose one character to be fostered who would it be and what house should foster them?

Varysblackfyre321

7 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

Sansa to Craster's Keep.  Where she can learn to do housework. 

Well, they sure need some new blood by now. If Gilly is Craster's daughter, she's at least 50% Craster's genes, probably more, and little Aemon at least 75%. More like Gilly 75% and Aemon 87.5% - or much worse, given how long he's been at it.

1 hour ago, zandru said:

Well, they sure need some new blood by now. If Gilly is Craster's daughter, she's at least 50% Craster's genes, probably more, and little Aemon at least 75%. More like Gilly 75% and Aemon 87.5% - or much worse, given how long he's been at it.

Maybe little Aemon has super powers.  Something related to ice.  

2 hours ago, zandru said:

Thanks for your great reply! Just a few of my thoughts...

I think it would have really helped Arya if, instead of being told You have to stop being Arya and become A Highborn Lady instead, they'd taken the approach of You need to learn to look and act like a highborn lady, for the times that's the expected role, but you're Arya, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Quite possibly! However, any man should appreciate the more specialized skills of being able to sew up wounds (very different stitching technique from needlework) and doing routine mending. Basic first aid is probably a part of knight's training, I'd think?

I totally agree with you here. I guess it comes more naturally in our era to appreciate the value of both "traditionally male or female" skills but you are right both can be useful in certain occasions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 11:30 AM, zandru said:

Sansa is 50% Stark and 50% Tully.  Not so sure that's much better.  She has a bit of Lysa, Arya, Brandon, Jon, and Robb in her genes.  That can't be good news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived