Is there anyone here who finds Ramsay boring?

Kandrax

17 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

I'm not saying that Ramsay is boring, i am just curious to know if some of you dislike him not only as person, but as character as well.

I find Ramsay to be the exact type of villain that GRRM has used before (a few times). The thing is, in ASOAIF now he seems to have limited page time. Most all of the terror comes from the monster off page that could leap out at any moment. The idea of him is scary. 

That said, I think Ramsay will become his most interesting in TWOW. I feel like there is a lot, a lot lot, to be revealed and action to be had then. I guess I am more excited-curious to see Ramsay then rather than what we have seen or heard of him so far. 

38 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I find Ramsay to be the exact type of villain that GRRM has used before (a few times). The thing is, in ASOAIF now he seems to have limited page time. Most all of the terror comes from the monster off page that could leap out at any moment. The idea of him is scary. 

That said, I think Ramsay will become his most interesting in TWOW. I feel like there is a lot, a lot lot, to be revealed and action to be had then. I guess I am more excited-curious to see Ramsay then rather than what we have seen or heard of him so far. 

I'm sorry what villains are you thinking about? Euron, Weeper, Rodric? 

16 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Sorta, but really from Fevre Dream, Skin Trade and a few others that I can’t think of at the moment... but will after dinner. 

52 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

34 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Sorta, but really from Fevre Dream, Skin Trade and a few others that I can’t think of at the moment... but will after dinner. 

Adding: and what’s their faces from Dying of the Light and also In the House of the Worm. 

I know GRRM has said Bretan Braith from Dying of the Light is a Sandor “Hound” Clegane archetype, but there is some Ramsay in that story as well. Very much so. 

Adding: the dudes name from In the House of the Worm is the Meatbringer. He might have another name, but I can’t remember it at the moment... pulling that book out now. 

51 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Adding: and what’s their faces from Dying of the Light and also In the House of the Worm. 

I know GRRM has said Bretan Braith from Dying of the Light is a Sandor “Hound” Clegane archetype, but there is some Ramsay in that story as well. Very much so. 

Adding: the dudes name from In the House of the Worm is the Meatbringer. He might have another name, but I can’t remember it at the moment... pulling that book out now. 

I'm sorry why do you you think Ramsey will be the most interesting in AWOW? Like, do you think he'll get really creative to get his Reek, and wife back(desperation often has shown to be when characters shine), learn a little from this ordeal to moderate his sadism?  What more could be revealed from him? We know his story and though hasn't gotten a ton of attention towards we know the boy.

9 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I'm sorry why do you you think Ramsey will be the most interesting in AWOW? Like, do you think he'll get really creative to get his Reek, and wife back(desperation often has shown to be when characters shine), learn a little from this ordeal to moderate his sadism?  What more could be revealed from him? We know his story and though hasn't gotten a ton of attention towards we know the boy.

We will find out the answers to things like the bastard pink letter for sure, and who killed the Walder kid, and more importantly, we readers have a better chance of seeing him in action on page. There is a good chance that he outlives his father (according to some good theories), and if so, we get a different face of Ramsay of him without his father trying to temper him. Basically, he will just be more active and not a cartoon villain. You can’t have good without the bad. 

He will panic because his “wife” was a known fake, and his legitimacy as a Bolton is a known fake, and his claim to Winterfell is a known fake. His panic should cause some rapid reactions from him to try and salvage things. It won’t work in the end, but we got something out of the cartoon in the meantime. 

Plus all of this historic Stark-Bolton tension will get some resolve. 

Or not. It’s all speculation, but I can see it going this way based on how the author likes to write. 

I wouldn't say boring, but some of the earlier villains (Viserys, Joffrey, Littlefinger) gave me a more visceral feeling of anger and I really wanted to read on to see them get their comeuppance! Whereas with Ramsay, he is just so over-the-top and cartoonish that it breaks the realism of the story for me.

Yep
Ramsey and for that matter the Bolton are the most boring chr's in a song of ice and fire. once you get over the shock and disturbing nature of the reek chapters you well realize that the Bolton are just nihilistic apathetic villains. (that contradicts grrm notion of there's nothing truly good or evil)(his criticism of the lord of the rings)
- Ramsey games = nothing a child couldn't think of. Tricking theon and that one girl into trying to escape (make a run for it) only to "hunt" them down
- his "hunts" how long has he been doing them if you think about the whole idea there's  little to no chance for said victim to escape so wouldn't that get real repetitive real fast. (yes i know he rapes them if "thay make a good chase" but in all honesty unless Ramsey  is autistic this would become real boring as none of them would make a worth will "game" (as its all been done before)    example  let girl go wait for a bit then release the dogs follow dogs reance repeat.(thats just if the hunt go's as planed other wise if the "game" slips on a rock trying to cross a river or creek... il leave it to your imagination, regardless that "great hunt" can more often then not end faster then it began. (think of the notion of constantly having to "up" the game to keep it from getting boring and you well realize just how dull Ramsey is.
- his dickish behavior to reek coming back from one of his hunts does Ramsey yell at a sullen theon to catch, in turn theon can not because of lack of fingers and his forced to pick up a rotting head of a girl that Ramsey let his dogs have (you well notice theons lack of reaction this wasn't the first time and it wont be the last) (maybe it just me reading this wrong but i have no idea if martin was trying to be mata or (its wired from flaying and rapeing to being a dick to reek it's strange. (is it to paint Ramsey as childish? )
-
question for you after theon escapes with fake arya stark do you think roose well punish Ramsey in any way? my prediction no roose well do nothing because martin hasn't thought out his villains.  ramsey snow is a disney villin And roose is apathetic at best.
funny enough its why i like ramseys actor on game of thrones hes the only one that brought out that chr. other wise its just evil jon snow 

16 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I would like this. 

For example, I love the skinchanging chapters in the series. That being said, I'd like to know if Ramsay is a skinchanger too (I mean warg type of skinchanger, not the Bolton way of it), since his bond with his dogs is huge.

I can't help but think that Ramsay is a warg too, and he brings it on another, crueler level, hunting human victims in his hounds' bodies. Which in Haggon's skinchanging book is an abomination, if I'm not wrong. 

Yeah, I find Ramsay pretty boring.  Roose and Lady Dustin are both very interesting though so they can compensate a little bit for my boredom with Ramsay.  But yeah, I just find Ramsay to be this annoying stock villain with no nuance or shades of grey.  He's just there to do any unspeakably awful thing that GRRM can come up with.  It's certainly grating to me to have to read about the stuff he's doing with Jeyne and Theon when there seems to be no purpose to it other than to show again and again how awful and monstrous he is.  

On February 27, 2018 at 6:04 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

We will find out the answers to things like the bastard pink letter for sure, and who killed the Walder kid, and more importantly, we readers have a better chance of seeing him in action on page. There is a good chance that he outlives his father (according to some good theories), and if so, we get a different face of Ramsay of him without his father trying to temper him. Basically, he will just be more active and not a cartoon villain. You can’t have good without the bad. 

I would not say his chances of killing Roose are good. Not saying it couldn't happen I just see Roose to have insured he could kill Ramsey with a snap of the fingers.  It would be interesting to see how Ramsey takes investigating Litlle Walder's murder; the was his protege and it'd be interesting to see if such a monster could still feel outrage for others or want to avenge anyone but himself. Didn't we already see Ramsey without Roose trying to temper him? He actually did pretty good by himself all things considered. His act as reek required him to suffer ridicule and humiliation without saying a word in his defense-I have to wonder if he exhibited lack of patience in ADWD is due in part because he's grown too comfortable; he's a Bolton now, lord of winterfell, he's on top of the world.

To me, Ramsay seems to be interesting only in relation to Roose. Their conversations in ADWD, with each other and about each other, as witnessed by Theon, sheds a light on a really interesting relationship. A sociopath like Roose clearly sees the benefits of having a pet nutter on the pay roll. It's interesting to see the distinction between Ned/Jon and Roose/Ramsay, as a reflection of the fathers' characters.

Ramsay isn't "boring", he's just uncomplicated. Like the Mountain or Rorge. We need characters like that in order to show more mixed bag folk like Jaime or the Hound in a different light. 

On 2/27/2018 at 6:03 PM, Kandrax said:

I'm not saying that Ramsay is boring, i am just curious to know if some of you dislike him not only as person, but as character as well.

I don't like him but he brings much needed excitement to boredom town in the north.  He plays the same role like Roose, Walder, and Little finger.  Each took down a Stark.  

2 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I don't like him but he brings much needed excitement to boredom town in the north.  He plays the same role like Roose, Walder, and Little finger.  Each took down a Stark.  

Dude you're so predictable…

Archived