u.s. politics: abortive cure for labor pains

all swedes are racist

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Russia Accuses US of Election Meddling:

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov told a leading Russian news agency the US has tried to destabilise his country ahead of this month's vote. [...]

Now Ryabkov has said Moscow has evidence the US has been trying to interfere in the ballot - which could see Putin return to power for a historic fourth term.

The Interfax news agency quoted Ryabkov as saying America was trying to sow chaos in Russia and that new US sanctions were aimed at destabilising Russia.

My response:  I hope it's true.

The quote is confusing. Is the meddling likely to put Putin back in power? In which case why would the Deputy Foreign Minister be complaining since they are on the same side? Or is the meddling an attempt to take Putin out? Which seems like it would be an intelligence community gone rogue since wouldn't the Trump admin be fine with Putin winning again?

3 hours ago, dmc515 said:

My response:  I hope it's true.

Why? It's not going to accomplish anything material, it makes for really great pro-Putin propaganda (which is why they're making the accusation) and it invites retaliation.

8 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Why? It's not going to accomplish anything material, it makes for really great pro-Putin propaganda (which is why they're making the accusation) and it invites retaliation.

Invites retaliation? You mean continue to do what they are already doing without any effort to stop them?

27 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The quote is confusing. Is the meddling likely to put Putin back in power? In which case why would the Deputy Foreign Minister be complaining since they are on the same side?

Sorry, I suppose that is confusing.  While Ryabkov never specifically says it (at least according to any of the articles I've looked at), the clear implication is that they'd be working against Putin.  As for the intelligence community going rogue, they are quite well known for that.  Trumpists have that right about the "deep state" at least.

7 minutes ago, Altherion said:

I agree it's not going to accomplish anything material, but the propaganda and retaliation would happen regardless.  As for why, because fuck them, that's why.  In general we should be supporting any challenge to Putin's regime, and if intelligence agencies wanna go retro with it - after 2016 - that's fine by me.

Nunberg had a public meltdown today.

Basically it seems like he was interviewed by Mueller and cut some sort of deal.

Then he gets subpoenaed for his emails.

Then he starts looking through his emails.

Then he realises he is FUCKED.

At this point he has a complete nervous breakdown and starts drinking.

And then he starts doing interviews.

It's goddamn hilarious. His story changes all the time during these interviews, it's clear he's lying and scared shitless and that he's fucked or Carter Page is fucked or both when they find out what's in his emails and it's amazing watching him realise how fucked he is over the course of the day. And the reporters interviewing him are clearly having so much fun with him.

I havent noticed anyone mention this stunning news i'm hearing on MSNBC tonight.

This investigator Steele (the same Steele behind the Dossier investigating Trump) has released another memo. The memo reports a Russian source has informed him that the Kremlin vetoed Romney as Trumps Sec of State. And Trump instead picked Tillerson because that was Putins preferred choice.

This is just another layer in the case for Trump being Putins puppy (pregnant puppy).

5 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

GAROVORKIN lol. 

God man, you're good for a laugh every time you post in here about politics. 

Nunberg is the epitome of the Trump administration, arrogant and clueless, and corrupt.

Im glad I was able to bring humor and laughter into this  albeit unintentional. :)

8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The quote is confusing. Is the meddling likely to put Putin back in power? In which case why would the Deputy Foreign Minister be complaining since they are on the same side? Or is the meddling an attempt to take Putin out? Which seems like it would be an intelligence community gone rogue since wouldn't the Trump admin be fine with Putin winning again?

The Russian elections are already rigged in Putin's favor. Trolls are gonna troll.

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I havent noticed anyone mention this stunning news i'm hearing on MSNBC tonight.

This investigator Steele (the same Steele behind the Dossier investigating Trump) has released another memo. The memo reports a Russian source has informed him that the Kremlin vetoed Romney as Trumps Sec of State. And Trump instead picked Tillerson because that was Putins preferred choice.

This is just another layer in the case for Trump being Putins puppy (pregnant puppy).

He wrote it in 2016. The article is here: 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/12/christopher-steele-the-man-behind-the-trump-dossier

key parts:

One subject that Steele is believed to have discussed with Mueller’s investigators is a memo that he wrote in late November, 2016, after his contract with Fusion had ended. This memo, which did not surface publicly with the others, is shorter than the rest, and is based on one source, described as “a senior Russian official.” The official said that he was merely relaying talk circulating in the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but what he’d heard was astonishing: people were saying that the Kremlin had intervened to block Trump’s initial choice for Secretary of State, Mitt Romney. (During Romney’s run for the White House in 2012, he was notably hawkish on Russia, calling it the single greatest threat to the U.S.) The memo said that the Kremlin, through unspecified channels, had asked Trump to appoint someone who would be prepared to lift Ukraine-related sanctions, and who would coöperate on security issues of interest to Russia, such as the conflict in Syria. If what the source heard was true, then a foreign power was exercising pivotal influence over U.S. foreign policy—and an incoming President.

As fantastical as the memo sounds, subsequent events could be said to support it. In a humiliating public spectacle, Trump dangled the post before Romney until early December, then rejected him. There are plenty of domestic political reasons that Trump may have turned against Romney. Trump loyalists, for instance, noted Romney’s public opposition to Trump during the campaign. Roger Stone, the longtime Trump aide, has suggested that Trump was vengefully tormenting Romney, and had never seriously considered him. (Romney declined to comment. The White House said that he was never a first choice for the role and declined to comment about any communications that the Trump team may have had with Russia on the subject.) In any case, on December 13, 2016, Trump gave Rex Tillerson, the C.E.O. of ExxonMobil, the job. The choice was a surprise to most, and a happy one in Moscow, because Tillerson’s business ties with the Kremlin were long-standing and warm. (In 2011, he brokered a historic partnership between ExxonMobil and Rosneft.) After the election, Congress imposed additional sanctions on Russia, in retaliation for its interference, but Trump and Tillerson have resisted enacting them.

13 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Guess I'm not either being, you know,  a Boomer  and all.

Yeah, I'm not fan of all this intergenerational squabbling.

I know boomers who are right wing clowns. I know many who are not.

I have chewed out boomers who crap on millennials, reminding them they have borne the brunt of Dubya's wars. And yet many of the alt right is made up of millennials.

There are jack asses in every generation.

Just an observation from a Gen Xer. Remember those guys? Nah, I didn't think so. Nobody does. LOL.

5 hours ago, Shryke said:

Nunberg had a public meltdown today.

Basically it seems like he was interviewed by Mueller and cut some sort of deal.

Then he gets subpoenaed for his emails.

Then he starts looking through his emails.

Then he realises he is FUCKED.

At this point he has a complete nervous breakdown and starts drinking.

And then he starts doing interviews.

It's goddamn hilarious. His story changes all the time during these interviews, it's clear he's lying and scared shitless and that he's fucked or Carter Page is fucked or both when they find out what's in his emails and it's amazing watching him realise how fucked he is over the course of the day. And the reporters interviewing him are clearly having so much fun with him.

I watched this via twitter, what a spectacle.  Axios is now reporting that he will 'probably' cooperate with Muller.

5 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

6 minutes ago, ants said:

The timeline of Trump wooing Mittens for the Sec State job then dropping him falls right in with the memo.  Wow.  And Tillerson was already friendly with Moscow and had many business relationships established, in oil now less.   wow

11 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Just an observation from a Gen Xer. Remember those guys? Nah, I didn't think so. Nobody does. LOL.

Gen Who'er?   lol.  Saying we can't wait till the Boomers die so all of the votes cast will be the correct ones is plain silly.   Lot's of Boomers I know are liberal and lots of Gen X'ers aren't and the rest are like that too.  No one generation is politically consistent through and through.  If one wants the Demo's to get the most votes in the upcoming elections this round then get up off your ass and get active politically.   There is more work to do than just bitching on a forum.  

Archived