u.s. politics: abortive cure for labor pains

all swedes are racist

11 minutes ago, Paladin of Ice said:

I think it's more likely that FIFA is hitting back against the US for daring to investigate and prosecute FIFA's corruption.

^^^ This ^^^

Also: Trump won't be president in 2026, as long as the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution holds.

54 minutes ago, The Wedge said:

^^^ This ^^^

Also: Trump won't be president in 2026, as long as the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution holds.

Dictators for life get to be honored with massive military parades.  He wants a military parade SO BADLY!  Moreover he deserves not just one military honors parade but many many because HE would run into a school being shot up with military assault weapons, even without a bubble gun, and YOU would not!  So orange soda jerk doesn't need any steenkin' elections, just declaration that he's the One, the Only One, and forever.

There hasn't been much news about New York State working in conjunction with/parallel to Mueller's investigation, but it looks like that may be changing.

No presidential pardons for state-brought charges.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Fragile Bird

The fact that Jared is Jewish is not what makes this story interesting. It’s the fact that Jared’s family is really close to Netanyahu. So close that he once slept in Jared’s bed. It makes me wonder if Bibi knows that Jared is an easy mark.

https://forward.com/fast-forward/362898/when-bibi-slept-in-jared-kushners-bed/

Ty, I think I knew that, somewhere in the back of my mind. Which is why it felt so weird, so particularly cold, to hear the story.

1 hour ago, Fez said:

There hasn't been much news about New York State working in conjunction with/parallel to Mueller's investigation, but it looks like that may be changing.

No presidential pardons for state-brought charges.

I am glad to see some movement on this front, state charges are definitely a key piece of leverage for the special counsel's investigation. 

I am watching this live broadcast at the White House on gun control. and while Trump is nuts about expanding the number of places where there are going to be guns available, if he gets this passed he's gonna save a lot of Republicans butts in the mid-term election, I think.

But my God, I always shudder when I go to the US thinking about who has a gun near me, I'm just sickened at the thought of there being no gun free zones in the US.

Your whole fucking country awash in even more guns. 

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Ormond

:)

We talked about this before, maybe a year or so ago. I believe Kalbear and I were discussing if Trump was merely narcissistic or if he suffered from narcissistic personality disorder, and you weighed in, though I can’t remember your opinion, and I took it a step further and said that he also showed signs of ADD/ADHD, sadism and the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Trump is absolutely a collage of personality defects IMO.

Why don't we keep things simple and just refer to Trump as the lying idiot. Doesn't that encompass his many personality faults?

10 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I am watching this live broadcast at the White House on gun control. and while Trump is nuts about expanding the number of places where there are going to be guns available, if he gets this passed he's gonna save a lot of Republicans butts in the mid-term election, I think.

But my God, I always shudder when I go to the US thinking about who has a gun near me, I'm just sickened at the thought of there being no gun free zones in the US.

Your whole fucking country awash in even more guns. 

It really is unsettling.

Politico: Hope Hicks is resigning.

White House communications director Hope Hicks, one of President Donald Trump's longest-serving aides, plans to resign, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday.

Her announcement came a day after she declined to answer many questions during an appearance before House Russia investigators.

Uhh...that's surprising. 

45 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Everytime I see a picture of Jared Kushner, I wish to punch him in the face.

It's not even that I dislike him, I barely know anything about him (well besides being Trump's advisor and son-in-law), but he has one of those faces.

Are you trying to start a riot in here?!  The US Politics threads barely survived the "Ted Cruz Wins The Most Punch-able Face Award" debacle from awhile back:P 

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

She got squeezed by the minority in congress yesterday. She doesn't want to be compelled to testify in front of a Dem majority

She also openly admitted to lying.

Trump has gotta be losing it. Hope Hicks, as far as anything I've read, is his surrogate daughter the same way Ivanka is his surrogate wife.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

She got squeezed by the minority in congress yesterday. She doesn't want to be compelled to testify in front of a Dem majority

They can still make her testify whether she's in office or not.  And if she is worried about the Dem majority, why now instead of next January?  She has been with Trump his entire political career, which isn't a long time, but nonetheless very few other people can say it. 

Also, leaks from people Mueller has been interviewing suggest he's working over people trying to get statements from them about when Trump know of the hacking of the DNC by the Russians.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/mueller-asking-what-trump-knew-about-hacked-emails-n851941

The answer is almost certainly "before the public did because Trump was communicating with Russians to trade for dirty on Clinton".

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

They can still make her testify whether she's in office or not.  And if she is worried about the Dem majority, why now instead of next January?  She has been with Trump his entire political career, which isn't a long time, but nonetheless very few other people can say it. 

Trying to slip away as the castle falls?

It's going to be a feeding frenzy in January as every Committee Chair is out for scalps. Is it far fetched to think she might be trying to get while the getting is good?

4 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Yeah.  There's been consistent chatter since the Porter scandal that Trump felt she demonstrated disloyalty.  That seems to be Trump's bugaboo.  I imagine her resignation has more to do with that than testifying to Congress, which you don't get out of by resigning.

Archived