Small things you hate

Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Loud eating noises are a serious challenge for me...

Yup. Total dealbreaker if I'm on a date and they chew loudly or with their mouth open.

I also weirdly hate the sound of pouring liquid on the tv. At the movie theatre there's a commercial and it's just pepsi being poured into a glass with ice but I absolutely hate the noise for some reason. When I hear it IRL it doesn't bother me at all. Very odd.

Also along these lines, a guy sat a few seats away from me when I went to see Annihilation last week and he ate an apple during the beginning. It was so loud and obnoxious. I usually have no problem telling people to be quiet if they're talking but I was at a loss here.

People who lack spatial awareness ( as someone else stated) why for the love of God do you want to stand almost on top of me when I'm queuing up for something, seriously back the f**k up. 

I also have an issue when I go through the Maccas drive through and they put my straw in my drink and use the inside of their palms to push the straw down. UGH. I then ask for a new straw and chuck the other one.

Left lane drivers.

Whenever there is a line or long wait at a restaurant.. I hate that.  There’s one place in particular that I REALLY like and go to a lot but if you don’t go at just the right time the line is out the door and snaking down the sidewalk.  Actually there’s two places I frequent that are like that.  Keep in mind that I am also crabby due to hunger at this time, but it invariably leads to an internal tirade (or external if my girlfriend will listen to me) about ‘line culture’ as a means to build hype and all the stupid motherfuckers who put up with this shit as I am doing currently.  I feel better about it after I eat though.

I hate phone menus that require you to speak out loud.

I hate when my dog fakes like he’s about to poop as part of a devious plan to get me to follow him around while he smells every god damn item in the park.  His cuteness gets the better of me in the end, but I know his fucking game.

I hate when I’m watching sports and while play is happening they go to a picture-in-picture of some analyst talking bullshit shrinking the size of the actual game on screen.  When I bought this TV I paid for 55” of basketball, motherfuckers, and I don’t give a shit about whatever player, stat, analysis, or upcoming game is currently deemed important enough to challenge the only reason I’m watching this channel in the first place.

I hate open office designs, jfc they are designed for maximum conflict dramas among the poor folks who have to labor in those hell holes.  Sadly, I'm in one of those pits myself.  Oh how I miss my cube.

Great thread idea!

I also hate music that incorporates things that sound like sirens, phones, doorbells etc. - the number of times I have jumped up from my computer thinking someone is at the door, when it's just a random sound effect...

Also hate open offices, not so much because they cause conflict, but because it's impossible to get any work done.  Can't hear myself think.  Bought some noise-cancelling headphones but they don't keep out the smell of someone else's soup or tuna.

I'm sure I'd have loads of things to add to the thread, but the only thing I can think of just now (which probably gives away what I am craving!) is crushed ice in cocktails.  I would like to be able to taste the full strength of my drink without having a handful of melting snow chucked into it, thank you.;)

Loud environments... When I'm trying to talk and listen anyway. I mean clubs or bars with tons of folks and loud music. I don't like straining to listen or shouting my throat raw just to speak. Just, why?

I guess I don't really hate this one as much as it skeeves me out -- that squelching noise of a sponge or rag being squeezed dry! Iebdjepqom....

4 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Cockroaches.  They're little monsters.

Yep. When I worked in an Emergency Department years back we had someone come in because one of the little bastards had crawled inside his ear while he was sleeping.

6 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Yep. When I worked in an Emergency Department years back we had someone come in because one of the little bastards had crawled inside his ear while he was sleeping.

My dad often tells the story of waking up to find a cockroach had crawled up his nose when he was a kid. 

On 3/5/2018 at 11:52 AM, KiDisaster said:

People who honk their horns the instant the light turns green. Fuck. Off

They're still not as bad as the people who speed up to cut people off who have to merge on the highway.

2 hours ago, wherearethou said:

Coughing without covering your mouth! What's up with that? I guess it doesn't make much difference in the end, but I still hate it.

Just yesterday I was sitting in the public library and there was this man who kept sneezing into the book he was reading without even trying to cover his mouth. I have no idea what book it was, but I sure hope I won't have to use it at some point.

Archived