Gun Control: The Tree Of Liberty Must Be Refreshed From Time To Time With The Blood Of Children And Innocents

8 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Responding to an old post I know and I'm taking this at face value without researching on my own, but either these numbers or this ranking is wrong - Australia is at 28.5% (30 June, 2016) of the population born overseas and I know a further 20-25% are first generation (as in their parents were born overseas). Perhaps the Canadian stats are citizens rather than residents and highest in the world for that? I've got no idea if anyone else is higher than Aus, I just was familiar enough with our own numbers to know we were above 20%. I wouldn't be surprised if the ethnic diversity in Canada was higher though, the biggest source of immigrants to Aus is the UK by more than double anyone else.

Insomnia brought me here. :P 

Later in the day I’ll see if I can find the article and link it.

eta Iirc, it was a solid source, like the UN or some research organization.

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Very unusual. I would have guess disgruntled worker or angry YouTube personality that got their account banned. 

This now appears to be the case, which makes sense.

8 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

There was an article somewhere I can't find talking about how most hunters are actually in favor of stricter gun laws, cause you don't need an ar15 with exploding bullets to hunt deer.

Real hunters look down on cowards who hunt with these types of weapons. They’re counterproductive if you’re hunting for food and they are demeaning if you’re hunting for sport. One of the most disgraceful things I’ve ever seen, hunting wise, was Sarah Palin hunting moose with an AR-15 from a helicopter. No wonder her kids turned out to be trailer park trash, cause that’s a trailer park move.

I'm not so sure, since a lot of people in a trailer park may really need those deer for food, and that kind of hunting ruins the animal for proper dressing out that makes a dead deer fit to eat.

In the meantime you all might find this analysis, by the always intelligent and incisive Chauncey DeVega, worth reading, an essay in which he connects orangeade's base's gun festishism, terror of death and authoritarianism -- and why they hate the Parkland shooting survivors so much:

https://www.salon.com/2018/04/04/the-rights-parkland-problem-a-symptom-of-authoritarian-parenting/

Other of his essays can be found on his own website:

http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2018/04/a-conversation-with-elizabeth-mika.html

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

This now appears to be the case, which makes sense.

Real hunters look down on cowards who hunt with these types of weapons. They’re counterproductive if you’re hunting for food and they are demeaning if you’re hunting for sport. One of the most disgraceful things I’ve ever seen, hunting wise, was Sarah Palin hunting moose with an AR-15 from a helicopter. No wonder her kids turned out to be trailer park trash, cause that’s a trailer park move.

It's a Sarah Palin move.  Not sure we need to be shitting on people taking advantage of affordable housing in order to be making a point on an AR-15's value as a hunting weapon.  

• 3 weeks later...

So is the killing of 4 people of colour by a naked white gunman (under his coat) such a blasé, daily occurrence it doesn't even get discussed?

A guy arrested by the Secret Service at the White House?

Who's daddy gives him back the 4 weapons seized by the government?

I guess.

11 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

So is the killing of 4 people of colour by a naked white gunman (under his coat) such a blasé, daily occurrence it doesn't even get discussed?

I guess.

It sucks to say this FB, but four deaths doesn’t even register as a head line these days. The only things that are interesting about this story is the fact that he was mostly nude and how the guy disarmed him.

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It sucks to say this FB, but four deaths doesn’t even register as a head line these days. The only things that are interesting about this story is the fact that he was mostly nude and how the guy disarmed him.

On the bright side of things, they've captured him, hiding out behind the apartment complex where he lived.

42 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I guess.

Well, four black or non-white people were killed by a white guy who shouldn't have had a gun and in fact had law enforcement interventions before, so I'd say that the American system is still working as intended.

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Well, four black or non-white people were killed by a white guy who shouldn't have had a gun and in fact had law enforcement interventions before, so I'd say that the American system is still working as intended.

Note, he's been caught. Alive. Not gunned down, even though they thought he might have the two other guns he owned with him.

4 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Why would he be gunned down? He's white.

They probably bought him breakfast since he'd missed his chance to get a meal at Waffle House. And I'm sure they picked up the rest of his guns to give back to his Responsible Gun Owner and Pillar of the Community dad.

One sickeningly on-the-nose note: this murderous dipshit's dipshit mom liked to smugly post on Facebook about how we have school shootings because there's no more prayer in school.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

They probably bought him breakfast since he'd missed his chance to get a meal at Waffle House. And I'm sure they picked up the rest of his guns to give back to his Responsible Gun Owner and Pillar of the Community dad.

One sickeningly on-the-nose note: this murderous dipshit's dipshit mom liked to smugly post on Facebook about how we have school shootings because there's no more prayer in school.

Tsk Tsk

See, that young black man -his race is important to me- admitted he's not real religious. If he'd had more prayer in school he would have been worshiping behind that door and the fine young white man would have been able to exercise his demons in god's chosen path.

22 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Note, he's been caught. Alive. Not gunned down, even though they thought he might have the two other guns he owned with him.

I imagine he wasn’t holding a phone, though, so it kind of explains itself.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

On the bright side of things, they've captured him, hiding out behind the apartment complex where he lived.

Well that’s good to hear, but as others have pointed out, he would have looked like Sonny if he had been a brother.

47 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I imagine he wasn’t holding a phone, though, so it kind of explains itself.

I can't get the image out of my mind of a Trumpet on CNN holding his phone in the closest possible approximation to a gun for the entirety of his segment trying to sell how 'easy' it is to be mistaken for a weapon.

It kind of sneaks up on me every time I look at a news feed.

Can I like get a hug from you right now? There's just a lot going on and you've been such a cool dude.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

YYou want to hear something weird? The driver that ran over all the pedestrians in Toronto had a confrontation with police when the got him - he was holding his cellphone up like it was a gun. Hoping police would shoot him?

He wasn’t holding a phone, he was yelling that he had a gun in his pocket and when the police said they didn’t care he was literally begging to be shot in the head.

edit for clarification: regardless, he was arrested without a shot being fired.

1 hour ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

I can't get the image out of my mind of a Trumpet on CNN holding his phone in the closest possible approximation to a gun for the entirety of his segment trying to sell how 'easy' it is to be mistaken for a weapon.

It kind of sneaks up on me every time I look at a news feed.

Can I like get a hug from you right now? There's just a lot going on and you've been such a cool dude.

Yeah, sure thing, bud, anytime. I am a world class hugger, not kidding. On the downside, I haven’t showered since my run, so hopefully e-hugs are scent neutral. 

Archived