NCAA Basketball 2017: In the March of Madness

Ded As Ned

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

In my 46 years on the planet I’ve never attempted a bracket:  I don’t know enough to try.

Scot,

The beauty of March Madness is that you don’t need to know anything about college basketball, hence why I invited a woman from Wales who doesn’t watch basketball to participate. It’s why people who don’t watch any games win office pools while CBB junkies do terribly. It’s pretty random outside of the top teams, and even then it can be goofy. While in college I probably went to 50-75 games, and never won a bracket. Since then I’ve watched maybe 20 games outside of the tournament and I’ve won a few times.

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I've been on local radio today! I have an excuse for missing it! 

No excuses!  

57 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Scot,

The beauty of March Madness is that you don’t need to know anything about college basketball, hence why I invited a woman from Wales who doesn’t watch basketball to participate. It’s why people who don’t watch any games win office pools while CBB junkies do terribly. It’s pretty random outside of the top teams, and even then it can be goofy. While in college I probably went to 50-75 games, and never won a bracket. Since then I’ve watched maybe 20 games outside of the tournament and I’ve won a few times.

No excuses!  

Last year, I won our bracket on the board after watching 0 minutes of college basketball throughout the season.  Used to be a big fan, but have mostly lost interest over the years.

Hoping for a repeat this year. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Scot,

No excuses!  

Ask me again next year LMAO

Tuned in to the Loyola game just in time to see the missed free throw and Loyola responding by sinking the 3. That was awesome, and a nice little vindication for picking the upset.

5/6 so far, the only one I missed was picking Oklahoma to upset Rhode Island. As they're up against Duke next round, however, odds are the damage to my bracket will stop there. Picking NC State against Seton Hall is looking like a mistake right now, it looks like NC State doesn't have it in them to come back. Hopefully they prove me wrong on that one though.

Ohio State looks like they're about to put the finishing touches on South Dakota, but they made it close than expected.

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Last year, I won our bracket on the board after watching 0 minutes of college basketball throughout the season.  Used to be a big fan, but have mostly lost interest over the years.

Hoping for a repeat this year. 

Is there a way to look up where you finished? I went to the old link, but as expected it's dead. I know I got 41/63 games correct and picked the champion, but I can't see my placement. 

Archived