NCAA Basketball 2017: In the March of Madness

Ded As Ned

Just now, RedEyedGhost said:

That coach just earned himself a list of job offers longer than Maura.

I can't wait to hear all the Pitt blowhards suddenly cry out for this guy tomorrow morning on the radio on my way to work like they've been closely following his career for the last several years...

Just now, Joe Pesci said:

I can't wait to hear all the Pitt blowhards suddenly cry out for this guy tomorrow morning on the radio on my way to work like they've been closely following his career for the last several years...

:lol:   As if he would want to go to Pitt!

And now there are no perfect brackets in the major online sites:

Yeah, so... there are no perfect brackets left in the world.

Through 28 games of the 2018 NCAA tournament, there were 25 perfect brackets left across all major bracket games. Then UMBC — and the biggest upset in the history of the NCAA tournament — happened.

We were tracking tens of millions of brackets at five major bracket games, including the Capital One March Madness Bracket Challenge Game, ESPN, Bleacher Report, Yahoo, and CBS.

From ncaa.com.

1 minute ago, RedEyedGhost said:

:lol:   As if he would want to go to Pitt!

I wish everyone in this thread could hear the bullshit on sports talk radio from Pitt fans. You'd think the Pitt job is better than landing as HC at UCLA during the Walton era... 

It finally happened.

Not only is this the biggest upset in the history of the NCAA tournament, it's one of the biggest upset in the history of sports. This is up there with the Miracle on Ice, Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson, Super Bowl 42, Appalachian State beating Michigan in 2007.

UMBC, the one in 1-135. March Madness indeed.

Well, with Virgina done and New Mexico state going down, my bracket is pretty close to dead. But man, as someone who loves to root for underdogs, seeing a 16 seed take out the top seed makes it worthwhile. I'll have to raise a glass to UMBC tonight, they did something special out there.

Fuck, but I wish I followed through on my desire to pick Cincinnati to win that division. Although knowing my luck, they'll be knocked out in the next round or something...

Watching the Inside March Madness show: UMBC lost to Albany by 44 earlier in the season, both of Lyles parents are UVA grads, UMBC was only in the tournament because the the beat Vermont on a 3 with 0.5s remaining in their tournament championship (who had beaten them by 28 at home earlier in the season).  This is a crazy story.  Did UVA even prepare for them or have they spent all week on their potential round 2 opponents?

Bennett is in a weird place. His system is just so ill-fitted for being a tournament favorite, when the last thing you want to do is slow the game down and give a team a chance to shoot unsustainably well for the entire game, while you shoot unsustainably poorly.

Archived