NCAA Basketball 2017: In the March of Madness

Ded As Ned

4 minutes ago, sperry said:

You should be able to stream on your phone as long as you have battery (and data).

Yeah, I just don't think it's worth it to burn through that much data. Pissed I missed Nevada complete their comeback. UK has been gifted a cakewalk to the Final Four.

25 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Yeah, I just don't think it's worth it to burn through that much data. Pissed I missed Nevada complete their comeback. UK has been gifted a cakewalk to the Final Four.

I never remember this happening for us

Sooo happy UNC got destroyed. What a wild tourney this has been.

I also have a new found hate for Texas Tech. I was seated in the middle of a section full of them in what was basically a home game, and damn they're annoying. They did a RAIDER!! POWER!! chant every fucking second. I wanted Florida to win that game so freaking bad. Oh well. 

That last Cinci possession. :stunned:

48 minutes ago, sperry said:

Clemson has been getting no respect, but has been absolutely annihilating people. Glad to see Bruce Pearl's last season of basketball end this way.

Looking at their schedule, they only have one really bad loss (@ Virginia), the rest are all less than 10 points. On kenpom they're rated quite similarly to Texas Tech. Kind of remind me of Oregon from last year, but they don't look like they play nearly as well away from home. We always do much better the first game each week of the tournament, still doesn't make me feel that confident.

34 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I hope the West Virginia team wins!

Ummmm.  Wait.

I mean the one with a U in it. 

You're going to need to narrow that down a little further.  How about the one coached by a guy who stereotypically looks like he would enjoy pizza?

26 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

You're going to need to narrow that down a little further.  How about the one coached by a guy who stereotypically looks like he would enjoy pizza?

Doesn't every human being on the planet look like they would enjoy pizza? ( I had pizza for dinner tonight )

Edit: But to be slightly less opaque. The team from the city that has the word town in it. 

On 3/17/2018 at 0:39 AM, Paladin of Ice said:

Well, with Virgina done and New Mexico state going down, my bracket is pretty close to dead. But man, as someone who loves to root for underdogs, seeing a 16 seed take out the top seed makes it worthwhile. I'll have to raise a glass to UMBC tonight, they did something special out there.

Fuck, but I wish I followed through on my desire to pick Cincinnati to win that division. Although knowing my luck, they'll be knocked out in the next round or something...

Um... holy shit. Called it, I guess.

Also, it's cute that I thought my bracket was busted before, because now...

Granted, I don't usually pay too much attention to NCAA sports and only got into making brackets a few years ago, but this is easily the wildest tournament I've ever heard of.

Archived