NCAA Basketball 2017: In the March of Madness

Ded As Ned

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

The city of Cincinnati had a 1 seed and a 2 seed in the tourney and both no only lose but lose in blowing a lead fashion.  Cincinnati's was more shameful that Xavier's, but they were both painful losses.

Damn, two 1's and two 2's out before the 16.  And a 3 in Michigan State that a lot of people thought was a favorite.

Yeah I was just thinking how everyone said all season long about how there was no truly great team out there. The results are showing it to be true.

As a Michigan fan I am taking some comfort in the fact that they are still alive despite playing so poorly the first two games. They were red hot after winning the B1G tourney, then had to sit for two weeks before playing again. Hopefully these two games knocked the rust off and they can now play like they did in the conference tourney.

10 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah I was just thinking how everyone said all season long about how there was no truly great team out there. The results are showing it to be true.

As a Michigan fan I am taking some comfort in the fact that they are still alive despite playing so poorly the first two games. They were red hot after winning the B1G tourney, then had to sit for two weeks before playing again. Hopefully these two games knocked the rust off and they can now play like they did in the conference tourney.

I've been saying Villanova is a great team all year, and I think they're going to cruise to the title. They've got the best guards in the tourney by a mile, and 6 guys shooting over 39% from 3 in their rotation. The only way they lose is if they just get absurdly cold shooting the ball, but when you have 6 guys who can all shoot it like that the odds are incredibly slim that it happens.

Well, I really thought Marshall was going to put up more of a fight considering how bad they wanted this one.  They just didn’t have an answer for WVU’s size and depth.  Hard to rotate only 7 guys against WVU even with power conference talent unless you shoot absolutely lights out for 40 minutes and Marshall has not done that.  

Happy for the Mountaineers to move on to the Sweet Sixteen where we will meet a 1 seed for the second straight year, but not too much to glean from tonight’s outing.  

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

So this is what passes as "clever" in Kentucky? Cute. 

That was one hell of a disappointing loss, though I don't think that we deserved to go far in the tourney based on how unevenly we played this season. At least we won the championship last year, and we weren't the first No. 1 seed to lose to a No. 16 seed. I'll take whatever I can get. 

Great stat I just saw on Cal at UK in the tourney:

Kentucky has not lost to any team seeded more than 1 spot lower. Here’s the numbers:
UK Seed – Seed lost to
1 – 2
4 – 4
8 – 7
1 – 1
4 – 5
2 – 1

Thats pretty crazy consistency.

54 minutes ago, sperry said:

If Wade is back for Kansas State that will be a really tough game.

He's says he's 98% sure he'll play.  I hope he does, he seems like a good kid and he's a really good player.  He got shit on quite a bit on KU boards as a freshman because there were a ton of KSU fans calling him the next Larry Bird, and while he's certainly not living up to those completely out of touch fans' expectations he's still damn good and I would gladly have him on our team (as I'm sure any fan of 99% of college basketball would say about their teams, but he was never going to be anything but a Wildcat).

So that whole SI curse thing...

I'm glad we were in the one to buck it.

Is there anyone who's bracket isn't a raging dumpster fire? I was in great shape before UNC, my champion, wet the bed. After that I didn't watch anymore games and got most of them wrong. Ugh.

And speaking of that game, Texas A&M looked like absolute world beaters. The Tar Heels couldn't do anything against them. Don't be shocked if this team represents the West in the Final Four.

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is there anyone who's bracket isn't a raging dumpster fire? I was in great shape before UNC, my champion, wet the bed. After that I didn't watch anymore games and got most of them wrong. Ugh.

This guy: http://freebracketchallenge.1.mayhem.cbssports.com/brackets/shareable-bracket/a4616ab0b04a9b456ee001b35923f18ca5c0b907910f2e99?randkey=968190

The number 1 bracket on CBS. I mean, WTF?

1 hour ago, Fez said:

Probably one of those weirdoes that fills out 200 different brackets.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

And speaking of that game, Texas A&M looked like absolute world beaters. The Tar Heels couldn't do anything against them. Don't be shocked if this team represents the West in the Final Four.

My bracket may be a raging dumpster fire, but somehow I'm in first place for now on the Westeros Yahoo group!  That's not much consolation for UVA losing though.

I agree Texas A&M  really looked dominant in that win. Would be fun to see them against all those Villanova sharp shooters. This is gonna be a big test for the Wolverines. The way this tourney is playing out I dont have a clue whose advancing, just gonna watch tne games and see lol.

Archived