NCAA Basketball 2017: In the March of Madness

Ded As Ned

Old thread was over 400, continue...

@Rhom I reckon I'm pulling for the Racers out of the OVC since my Morehead St. Eagles don't even get to play in the tourney!  I really wish they'd change the format of the OVC tournament to include all teams instead of just the top 8... and even if they're only doing 8 teams then do a real bracket, not this bye into the semi-finals garbage (although it does give clout to the regular season standings).

Brutal.

:lol: 

Just now, Ded As Ned said:

Old thread was over 400, continue...

@Rhom I reckon I'm pulling for the Racers out of the OVC since my Morehead St. Eagles don't even get to play in the tourney!  I really wish they'd change the format of the OVC tournament to include all teams instead of just the top 8... and even if they're only doing 8 teams then do a real bracket, not this bye into the semi-finals garbage (although it does give clout to the regular season standings).

Yeah, I'm torn on that.  On the one hand, when you're a one bid league... giving every advantage to your best team as a reward is understandable.  But I also agree that you might as well have a full tourney.  Like I said in the other thread; when you're a Murray State, then the regular season really is what defines a successful year.

@Triskele commented on how much disdain we have for UofL fans.  Well, here's a good example of why I don't think highly of them.

From Card Chronicle's game thread of last night's game:

Play in fucking traffic Adel

And the most damning part of it all is that not one other commenter called him out on it.  :angry: 

ETA:  Hey @Ded As Ned this comment should make you feel good though!!!

this is the worst I've felt immediately after a loss since Morehead st.

:rofl:  

The weathermen said the Ohio River had already reached the full crest from the flood... but these salty tears flowing from the Yum! Center may bring it up another couple feet.  :lmao: 

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

ETA:  Hey @Ded As Ned this comment should make you feel good though!!!

:rofl:  

The weathermen said the Ohio River had already reached the full crest from the flood... but these salty tears flowing from the Yum! Center may bring it up another couple feet.  :lmao: 

Ah, sweet memories!  And I went to sleep last night with a big smile on my face after that last second collapse last night!  Truly magical

Racers looking good through the first half.

Another thought I had, if we start paying college athletes does that mean EA can start making college football/basketball games again?!!?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Racers looking good through the first half.

Another thought I had, if we start paying college athletes does that mean EA can start making college football/basketball games again?!!?

As long as part of the money goes to the players whose likeness is being used, I would think yes. I don't think schools should pay any players though. Stick to scholarships, free room and board and meal stipen. Let sponsors and other outside entities pay them like the Olympic atheletes. Those who are worthy of getting paid will and the rest still get free education, place to live and food to eat. Let them sign autographs for money, do commercials etc. Keeping the schools out of the payment loop keeps title IX in compliance. And one caveat I would add if I had a voice in it. If changed to this model and some coach/asst. whatever, still cheats and gets more money to a player then said coach gets lifetime ban, period.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

NCAA football was so great. I miss recruiting, and taking a San Jose St. out of the shadows and guiding them into national prominence.

Buffalo destroyed Bowling Green last night, dropping 100 points on them. I think they really do have the talent for a run, if they can just get a berth. They average 85.2 PPG, which is the 9th best mark in the country (and 17.1 assists, the 15th best mark), and are so clearly a step above the usual mid-major talent level.

10 minutes ago, Fez said:

Buffalo destroyed Bowling Green last night, dropping 100 points on them. I think they really do have the talent for a run, if they can just get a berth. They average 85.2 PPG, which is the 9th best mark in the country (and 17.1 assists, the 15th best mark), and are so clearly a step above the usual mid-major talent level.

Got two more games to win?

The OVC is weird as Ned mentioned above and basically puts the top two seeds directly into the semi finals.  So after escaping a near collapse last night, Murray is in the championship tonight.

Back on the big boys... Kentucky plays Florida today.  Win and get the three seed for the SEC tourney.  Lose and be either the four or the five.

Obviously, I want to win... but if UK gets the four/five it puts you on the side of the conference tourney bracket with the limping Auburn.  The three puts you over there with surging Tennessee.  So now we see where we shake out.  Cats are looking their best right now, so there is renewed hope in the BBN for a post season that lasts longer than one weekend.

8 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

NCAA football was so great. I miss recruiting, and taking a San Jose St. out of the shadows and guiding them into national prominence.

Hell yea, though few video games piss me off more when I lose.

Bout to head out to see Huggs & co. live for my only time this year.  Hopefully it will be a victory, though the Longhorns will likely be desperate for a resume win.

3 hours ago, S John said:

Hell yea, though few video games piss me off more when I lose.

Bout to head out to see Huggs & co. live for my only time this year.  Hopefully it will be a victory, though the Longhorns will likely be desperate for a resume win.

Free basketball in Austin.  Still no Bamba though.  I really wish he would have played against us, because he's really fun to watch.  

52 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

There might be history made today, Bill Self hasn't never been swept in a regular season series, and we're down 15 to OSU at the half. 

Yep that one's over. Self seems to have mental block to winning @OSU (his alma matter). We have inexplicable losses there than every other Big XII venue combined.

2 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Yep that one's over. Self seems to have mental block to winning @OSU (his alma matter). We have inexplicable losses there than every other Big XII venue combined.

Right? It’s like they have his pee tape.

8 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind if the Big XII did that.

B1G does something like that, 1 seeds skip first two rounds.

Speaking of, nice win by Michigan over Michigan State today, especially since MSU players came back from their game to watch Michigan play yesterday and were giving them the, "we want you looks" and talk. Well, you got it! I don't know that Michigan is better than a sweet 16 run this year but I do think they were seeded too low in B1G Ten tourney. Hopefully they aren't peaking now and then sitting over a week before the NCAA tourney starts.

Good showing by Michigan in the tourney, very solid performances every game. Should move them up to a 3 seed I would think? 

No B1G team is worthy of a 1 seed, IMO. I would think MSU a 2 seed, Michigan a 3 seed, Purdue 3-4 seed, OSU 4-5 seed and then maybe a random 11 seed for one other team.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Good showing by Michigan in the tourney, very solid performances every game. Should move them up to a 3 seed I would think? 

No B1G team is worthy of a 1 seed, IMO. I would think MSU a 2 seed, Michigan a 3 seed, Purdue 3-4 seed, OSU 4-5 seed and then maybe a random 11 seed for one other team.

Looks like Michigan will get a 2. MSU likely as well. I think Purdue is hot garbage, but they will probably get a 3 or 4. And Nebraska will get in. Leaving out a 22 win team that went 13-5 in conference would be historic.

On 3/3/2018 at 9:29 AM, Rhom said:

Got two more games to win?

Three games. The MAC changed its tournament bracket structure this year to not be quite as top-loaded; being the #1 seed is only good now for a bye to the quarter-finals, not the semi-finals. Buffalo plays on Thursday the winner of tonight's Central Michigan-Bowling Green game.

Archived