NCAA Basketball 2017: In the March of Madness

Ded As Ned

Jarred Vanderbilt of Kentucky was injured in practice yesterday and is "day to day."

Much of the speculation in the fanbase is that the injury is actually worse than that, but the team is keeping it underwraps so the selection committee won't bump them down a seed line or two.

:crying:

Sounds like I'm prepped for a short March and I'm all in on the Murray State bandwagon now.

The smoke around the Penny Hardaway-to-Memphis rumor has turned into a brush fire. 

Gary Parrish reporting  that Penny is already putting together a staff of assistants which possibly includes...Larry Brown?  :lol:  

Tubby's buyout would cost a small fortune (around $10 million), but would arguably be worth it to inject some life back into that program. 

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Jarred Vanderbilt of Kentucky was injured in practice yesterday and is "day to day."

Much of the speculation in the fanbase is that the injury is actually worse than that, but the team is keeping it underwraps so the selection committee won't bump them down a seed line or two.

:crying:

Sounds like I'm prepped for a short March and I'm all in on the Murray State bandwagon now.

Well, you're not alone.  This is what happens when I actually remember to schedule half days during the NCAA  tournament.

Saw that earlier... just in time to meet up with OKState in the conference tourney!

This year is awful.

And then you have UNC projected universally as a 2 seed in the NCAA tourney when they are a 6 seed in the ACC.  Makes sense...

Murray is projected at a 13.  This is the first year where I think i would prefer they get a 16 seed!

Give me a first round match up with Xavier.  I will take that.  Yeah, they’re a good team... but let’s be honest, they aren’t athletically leaps and bounds above some mid major champs.

Instead, as a 13 I saw a projection where they play Arizona first. :lol:  Those guys look like they eat cheerleaders from mid majors for breakfast and then leap over the heads of the basketball team.  Seriously, Ayton is built like a brick shit house.  I want neither of my teams anywhere near them.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Murray is projected at a 13.  This is the first year where I think i would prefer they get a 16 seed!

Give me a first round match up with Xavier.  I will take that.  Yeah, they’re a good team... but let’s be honest, they aren’t athletically leaps and bounds above some mid major champs.

Instead, as a 13 I saw a projection where they play Arizona first. :lol:  Those guys look like they eat cheerleaders from mid majors for breakfast and then leap over the heads of the basketball team.  Seriously, Ayton is built like a brick shit house.  I want neither of my teams anywhere near them.

Yea, Joey Buttholes had WVU and Arizona lined up for a round 2 meeting.  Do not want.  In fact his whole West region as of now is really stacked:

1. Kansas

2. UNC

3. Michigan State

4. Arizona

5. West Virginia 

6. Kentucky

i can’t see it actually shaking out like that, but that’s a pretty tough crowd.  Gotta make our way back to the 4 line to avoid such a fate.

Starting to think this is the year Virginia finally puts together a final four run. And I don't think there is any doubt Bennett is the best coach in the country. Dude has won the ACC 3 times in 5 years at freakin Virginia.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Starting to think this is the year Virginia finally puts together a final four run. And I don't think there is any doubt Bennett is the best coach in the country. Dude has won the ACC 3 times in 5 years at freakin Virginia.

In our last topic I went over the stats on just how amazing their defense is.  It really could happen this year.

I upgraded to digital x-rays in December.  I replaced the viewbox in my adjusting room with a TV and a chromecast to display patient films.

Today, it is playing the SEC tournament.  Because I figure my patients want to see it... yeah... my patients... that's it!

Now ESPN is speculating that UNC could be a number 1 seed if they beat Virginia.

They have nine losses!!!!

I will be cheering hard for the Cavaliers tonight.

3 hours ago, Triskele said:

Dan Hurley rather than Bob Hurley, eh?  

Yup. Basically Uconn and Pitt are gonna go hard after him once Rhode Island loses in the tourney. I hadn't realized just how bad the Panthers have become either, going winless in conference play. Pitt-Uconn was a pretty good rivalry not that long ago...sigh.

The UNC love is pretty obnoxious this year. Yesterday while watching the game I remember thinking that I actually wouldn't mind Duke beating them. Ughh, I felt dirty typing that.

41 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Now ESPN is speculating that UNC could be a number 1 seed if they beat Virginia.

They have nine losses!!!!

I will be cheering hard for the Cavaliers tonight.

But it's ESPN. They're pushing their agenda rather than  reality.

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yup. Basically Uconn and Pitt are gonna go hard after him once Rhode Island loses in the tourney. I hadn't realized just how bad the Panthers have become either, going winless in conference play. Pitt-Uconn was a pretty good rivalry not that long ago...sigh.

The UNC love is pretty obnoxious this year. Yesterday while watching the game I remember thinking that I actually wouldn't mind Duke beating them. Ughh, I felt dirty typing that.

It seems like it hasn't gained any steam in the national media yet, but Pitt hasn't even been able to get rid of Stallings properly yet. Apparently they decided to lowball him a buyout of $4.8M against the $9M that was in his contract or else they were going to fire him with cause. But the cause they are going with is him saying to Louisville fans in January that were harassing his players "At least we don't pay our players $100,000." So he has declined and dug in for a fight, arguing that is not even remotely enough to merit getting fired for cause, which of course is correct. If these things are true, and that's what is being reported so far here, Pitt has botched this royally, and it should send a giant red flag up to any coach who would consider taking over at Pitt.

Archived