"Always the Old Way"

Ojji

I have this quote stuck in my head.

"Always the old way"

It could be from the show or the books. May be related to the Old gods, or the ironborn. Not really sure if it even exists tbh.

Is there such a quote and can you point me to it?

1 hour ago, Ojji said:

"Always the old way"

It could be from the show or the books. May be related to the Old gods, or the ironborn. Not really sure if it even exists tbh.

A search of the eBooks on my Kindle yielded nothing.

2 hours ago, Ojji said:

"Always the old way"

Perhaps is if you would so kindly describe a bit more of the scenario people could help. :dunno:

2 hours ago, Ojji said:

"Always the old way"

I think it was said in the opening episode of the show

Bran and Ned are talking about why Ned did the execution himself, and Bran replies "Always the Old Ways"

I could be wrong.  I'll go check my DVD tonight.

Virtually all of the quotes in the books relating to the "old ways" are from the Ironborn.

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Didn't the abomination have a line like, "ours is the old way"? Don't think it's in the books, but could be wrong. 

From s1, Ned to either Arya or Bran? 

Bran says "Our way is the old way" while Ned's speaking to him after he executes Will.

On 3/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Bran says "Our way is the old way" while Ned's speaking to him after he executes Will.

Essentially you are correct. I’m going to get a bit nick picky and add a quote that supports your statement.

A Game of Thrones - Bran I     Yet our way is the older way.

Why does Eddard say that?  I don’t know. I guess it has to do with an honor code that the Starks live by.

A Game of Thrones - Bran I    Yet our way is the older way. The blood of the First Men still flows in the veins of the Starks, and we hold to the belief that the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. /

I suspect that you misheard a quote from the show:

"Always the artists"

Mance, to Jon, as they survey the carnage in the aftermath of the Fist of the First Men, Season 3, episode 3 'Walk of Punishment'

The Others in the books don't chop up otherwise usable horse corpses and arrange them like Steve McQueen inspired installations.

Archived