Rhaegar's plan for Great council

Did Rhaegar really think that things will go like this after victory in Trident?

• Robert dies. Rebelion is over. Benjen, Edmure and Renly comes to power. Annulment. Rhaegar weds Lyanna. Aerys is imprisoned. +North +Riverlands +Vale . 
  • Aegon's right to the throne is confirmed. +Dorne
  • Viserys's marriage to Cersei is planned (and their daughter could marry Aegon if there is still need for Casterly gold) and Jaime is sent from KG. +Westerlands
  • Great council decides to make Rhaegar king and send Aerys to the Wall where he is killed by Ned Stark.
  • Edmure allows LF to marry Ned's widow.

10 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Robert dies. Rebelion is over. Benjen, Edmure and Renly comes to power. Annulment. Rhaegar weds Lyanna. Aerys is imprisoned. +North +Riverlands +Vale . 

What about Stannis?

11 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Aegon's right to the throne is confirmed. +Dorne

Aerys disinherited Aegon after Rhaegar's death unless I am mistaken.

11 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Viserys's marriage to Cersei is planned (and their daughter could marry Aegon if there is still need for Casterly gold) and Jaime is sent from KG. +Westerlands

I think Rhaegar would probably try to marry Aegon with Rhaenys as he was obsessed with prince that was promised prophecy.

13 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Great council decides to make Rhaegar king and send Aerys to the Wall where he is killed by Ned Stark.

Why?

13 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Edmure allows LF to marry Ned's widow.

LF was fucking noone until Tywin gave him Harrenhal. 

9 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

What about Stannis?

26 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

He supported Robert's cause. Rhaegar never allowed him to inherit Storm's End.

11 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:
27 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Aegon's right to the throne is confirmed. +Dorne

Aerys disinherited Aegon after Rhaegar's death unless I am mistaken.

27 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Great council decides to make Rhaegar king and send Aerys to the Wall where he is killed by Ned Stark.

Why?

Ask Rhaegar. He had a plan to call Great Council according to Jaime.

13 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I think Rhaegar would probably try to marry Aegon with Rhaenys as he was obsessed with prince that was promised prophecy.

29 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

We also have Jon Snow and Daenerys.

13 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

LF was fucking noone until Tywin gave him Harrenhal. 

Who would marry widow?

Too many unknowns to offer up any real answers. Did Rhaegar really kidnap Lyanna, or were they both kidnapped? If so, by whom? Aerys? Hightower? Dayne? If Rhaegar did the kidnapping, was he really in love with her, or did he just need her for some prophesied purpose?

Was Rhaegar really plotting to remove Aerys? Did he really want to set Elia aside, or have a double marriage?

And, of course, the big one, is Jon really the son of Rhaegar?

Rhaegar was a fool.  He thought he had the advantage at the trident and threw it away to do the gallant thing and fight Robert one on one.  How stupid to let the outcome of single combat decide the war.  Westeros is lucky that fool never sat on the throne.  The will of the Great Council is not going to be enough to remove King Aerys from his throne.  It will take force to do that.   So if Rhaegar really wanted to call a Great Council it was to overturn his father's decision to pass the crown to Viserys instead of him.  I don't think it's a matter of removing Aerys from the throne.  Only force could do that.  So let's say Aerys is out of the way.  What is the need for a Great Council if Rhaegar was the next in line?  He becomes king automatically.  That is, unless Aerys had already made provisions to replace him with Prince Viserys.  So the purpose of this Great Councial was to overturn the right of Prince Viserys to inherit from their father.

Why in hell's name would any great council choose Rhaegar?  They'll want to hang his ass for causing the war in the first place.  Westeros was doing very well in terms of the economy and that is what most people care about.   It was a time of plenty.  

11 hours ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

He supported Robert's cause. Rhaegar never allowed him to inherit Storm's End.

He only defended Storm's End and Benjen did basically the same in Winterfell.

Ask Rhaegar. He had a plan to call Great Council according to Jaime.

Why Aerys would be sent to wall and why would Ned kill him?

We also have Jon Snow and Daenerys.

Jon Snow and Daenerys were born after Rhaegar's death. You cannot mix two points in time however you want. 

Who would marry widow?

I don't know, ask Yohn Royce, Nestor Royce, Lyn Corbray, Morton Waynwood, Horton Redfort, Eon Hunter and Lord Waxley.

49 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Would Ned kills him before or after making oath?

He will make oath in sept.

36 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

He only defended Storm's End and Benjen did basically the same in Winterfell.

12 hours ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Did Benjen defend Winterfell from Aerys's loyal men?

37 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Jon Snow and Daenerys were born after Rhaegar's death. You cannot mix two points in time however you want. 

12 hours ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

In this thread, we are discussing what would happen if Rhaegar did win in Trident. 

39 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I don't know, ask Yohn Royce, Nestor Royce, Lyn Corbray, Morton Waynwood, Horton Redfort, Eon Hunter and Lord Waxley.

Cat doesn't have anything to give them. Winterfell passes to Benjen and Riverrun passes to Edmure. Whents of Harrenhall are not extinct yet.

21 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

So, murder? Murder somebody who's, by then, harmless and defenseless? Murder a brother of the Night's Watch? That's not exactly the Ned we know.

The same thing Aerys did to his family. Maybe honurable Ned will give him sword.

22 minutes ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

The same thing Aerys did to his family. Maybe honurable Ned will give him sword.

Ned, however, is different from Aerys. And would be the first to point out that "He started it!" is a weak excuse. I remember him once telling his best friend the king to go and fuck himself (not in those exact words) over this very issue. Sorry, not once, at least twice: first, the "dragonspawn" bon mot, second, the Dany assassination. Oh, and he was mighty pissed off at the Kingslayer for murdering exactly the same Aerys we are talking about.

So, your Ned has little in common with the book!Ned.

@RedGrace that was promised, you seem to be making a number of assertions that certain things would happen if events went a different way, which are not guaranteed. You may think that they are the most likely thing to happen, but you should acknowledge they are not a certainty, or we stray into fanfiction.

We don't know what Rhaegar's plan for the Great Council was, but I'm guessing (it's not a certainty because we're all speculating here) is that he wanted to gather the lords of the 7K together to discuss what to do considering that the King was a maniac. I doubt he ever intended to get himself made king, but instead wanted the nobility's support in containing Aerys. He may have been named Regent. 

Also, from what we know about Rhaegar (which is limited and contradictory, I grant you), I doubt that if he had won he would have gone on a kill crazy rampage. If rebel leaders had been willing to bend the knee, he would probably accept their submission and not seek vengence.

2 hours ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

Did Benjen defend Winterfell from Aerys's loyal men?

That was his task, however noone attacked North duing Eddard's absence.

In this thread, we are discussing what would happen if Rhaegar did win in Trident. 

You misunderstood me. If Robert is defeated in Trident, nothing what happened in our timeline happens. Daenerys and Jon Snow were still in the wombs of their mothers and you cannot assume that they would be even born alive.

Cat doesn't have anything to give them. Winterfell passes to Benjen and Riverrun passes to Edmure. Whents of Harrenhall are not extinct yet.

She is daughter of Lord Paramount of Trident. It is ridiculous to suggest that noone would want to marry her.

I don't want to be mean, but you made some really weird assertions as @Shouldve Taken The Black said.

15 hours ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

According to Jaime, Rhaegar wanted to call Great Council. There is only one reason for such event.

He wanted to call a council as far back as the Tourney at Harrenhal, but Aerys’ presence put a stop to that.

28 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

That was his task, however noone attacked North duing Eddard's absence.

3 hours ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

I meant that Stannis's acts really affected RR while Benjen didn't. Benjen didn't take part in rebellion, Beside it Benjen is Lyanna's brother.

30 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

You misunderstood me. If Robert is defeated in Trident, nothing what happened in our timeline happens. Daenerys and Jon Snow were still in the wombs of their mothers and you cannot assume that they would be even born alive.

3 hours ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

If Rhaegar wants to be king he could propose all possible marriages between Targaryen princes/princesses and the people whose words will matter in Great Council.

33 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

She is daughter of Lord Paramount of Trident. It is ridiculous to suggest that noone would want to marry her.

What if Edmure is ruling instead of Hoster?

Archived