Why Does the Political Right And Left Feel the Need to Demonize Each Other ?

GAROVORKIN

25 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Like, who reads ASoIaF and roots for the Ironborn?

Trump voters. 

The Oldtown Times sends a maester out to the Iron Islands every couple of years to write long think-pieces about the neglected salt voters and their despair over the decline of the reaving and raping industries.

2 hours ago, Sun Worshipper said:

A Song of Ice and Fire rose to popularity and fame in good part due to George R.R. Martin's disregard for the traditional good-and-evil and black-and-white dichotomy found throughout the fantasy genre. Instead he focuses on shades of grey and moral ambiguity, showing that there is sympathy and kindness as well as cruelty and hate on both sides of any given  conflict.

I'd be very very careful about saying what Martin disregards or focuses on without the ending of the books in front of me.
And it's no doubt a digression for the general section, but even at this point in the series, saying that ASOAIF "focuses on shades of grey and moral ambiguity" is quite the exaggeration.
Anyway, I think on the contrary the attitude of the community here on the forum reflects pretty well the content of the books. Most people here are willing to discuss and debate politics and socio-economics, and to try to understand the perspective of the "other" side.
But at the end of the day, when certain lines have been crossed, there's no redeeming some people.

9 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Are you aware of how childish you come off when you say stuff like that?

With the amount of contempt  with which with my thread and its subject matter is being treated. How do you expect me to react? I started  what I had hoped to be a good and interesting thread topic  and now its' being  made into   joke.  It's disappointing  Kraken.:(

36 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Trump voters. 

The Oldtown Times sends a maester out to the Iron Islands every couple of years to write long think-pieces about the neglected salt voters and their despair over the decline of the reaving and raping industries.

Im at a loss as what has this comment got to do with the topic ?

35 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Trump voters. 

The glibness of your tongue will never soften the insult between us!

3 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Im at a loss as what has this comment got to do with the topic ?

Just responding to a fellow poster. 

Have you ever tried reading "How to Start an Interesting Topic That Isn't Just a Cover for Mediocre-Brained Both-Siderism" by Fail Barnegie? You might find it beneficial.

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'mma tell you the same thing I told your mother.

"Get the fuck out of my trashcans"

There are some  on the left  think the Left can do no wrong and the right can do nothing right .  This would seem to demonstrates  unwillingness to be self critical.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Just responding to a fellow poster. 

Have you ever tried reading "How to Start an Interesting Topic That Isn't Just a Cover for Mediocre-Brained Both-Siderism" by Fail Barnegie? You might find it beneficial.

A good retort Dante . Now your learning .B)

11 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The glibness of your tongue will never soften the insult between us!

Let's hug it out. I'll even bring a Josh McDaniels Real Doll for you to beat up or... do whatever with.

1 minute ago, GAROVORKIN said:

I would asks what this has to do with the topic . But im not sure I want know the answer .:(

Have you tried reading "It's Not About You: A Guide for Old White Men to Process Their Irrelevance" by Male Perigee? You might find it interesting and helpful.

7 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Have you tried reading "It's Not About You: A Guide for Old White Men to Process Their Irrelevance" by Male Perigee? You might find it interesting and helpful.

Good Follow up  Dante,  but my advice is don't overuse this  method of war. The trick is to be unpredictable.:)

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Let's hug it out. I'll even bring a Josh McDaniels Real Doll for you to beat up or... do whatever with.

I'm a hug you ass to death, bitch I hate you NE pukes with every breath

Ain't no way out, no road, nobody gonna hear your shout

I'm sneaky, I'm cruel

Straight dumpin on a fool

Get your shit packed, 'cause you about to get jacked

When Jace on the case I'mma lock yo ass up like a briefcase

Don't ya know, DG-o

Jace a straight murder ho

Lest you wanna live your life with less than the rest sit down son I gotta scrape this shit off my chest

4 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

I would asks what this has to do with the topic . But im not sure I want know the answer .:(

Son, I once fucked your bathtub so hard that your mom still won't stop inviting me to Christmas.

Archived