U.S Politics; The Price of Steele

LongRider

32 minutes ago, Hereward said:

Perhaps we could pause the lynch mob. After all, he never said he was motivated by support for Trump.

Hey, I thought my response was pretty reasonable. What, pray tell, lol, would you say to someone posting in the UK Politics thread that they had been uninterested in politics until Boris Johnson ran? Or Nigel Farage? Obama had a pretty boring, relatively controversy-free presidency for 8 years, but the events of Bush's years were pretty wild. Or maybe 9/11, ugly wars, and the worst economic crash since the depression were boring too? Or maybe he's a teen who can't remember that far back?

But I actually think he's a troll. Jace has a better memory.

57 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

One would think it you were a Russian troll, you'd use a more covert online handle than one that starts with Tsar.

You would, wouldn't you? I think a Russian would have a name like, oh, GeorgiaGrey (nice play on words, eh?)) or PatriotGrey or something along those lines. TsarGrey sounds like an American troll. Or, maybe, a Russian laughing up his sleeve?

23 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I think a Russian would have a name like, oh, GeorgiaGrey

Hm, I feel like GeorgiaGrey would be a little too on the nose in its own right, like CrimeaGrey.  Maybe EarlGrey, so people think perhaps you work for MI6.

It's also worth noting that Tsar is not some definitive word to Russians like it is to non-Russians.

An American hears Tsar and thinks of Anastasia and Rasputin or giant ballrooms. But Tsar is actually, like it's German equivalent Kaiser, kind of a mismatch of identifiable Imperial ideas.

So for example, calling yourself Tsar is closer to identifying yourself as Caesar rather than King. That's literally where the word comes from, by the way. You have to remember that Democracy is a fundamentally radical concept to the human experience and many of the institutions that seem so recently to have fallen were extremely old, and the roots of their power came from a world that seems unrecognizable to post-modern sensibilities.

But I digress. Let's get to the bottom of this TsarGrey issue.

So CaesarGrey doesn't really sound right to my ear. But GreyCaesar does, on account of Russians living in permanent sadness.

I'm not sure if I buy it though. It sounds closer to a fourteen year old sadface kid who likes pretending he knows what the fuck he's talking about and getting the poor libtards riled up as an exercise in non masturbatory emotional catharsis.

It's a coinflip for me.

One wonders as Euro regions are kicking off campaigns inviting Brit firms that are going to be blocked or have a more difficult time doing biz in the EU to pull up stakes all together and move to Europe, whether or not bizes such as Harley might do the same here when / if the tariffs hit them too hard.  More jobs lost!

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

How old are you, 15?

And are you a Russian troll?

No. Mid twenties. And Finn, which I can prove by speaking agglunative language with latin letters you don't understand word about.

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

These words are side by side. Fifteen year olds always type single file to hide their numbers.

And these comments, too accurate for teen people. Only Russian Troll Troopers are so precise.

What, tbh?

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

You could even say Putin wants to be a supertsar.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

On a totally different note, and not apropos of anything, I've been seeing tv commercials for a new Entebbe movie, and I read the Wikipedia article on the raid on Entebbe to refresh my memory of the details. I did not know that Benjamin Netanyahu's older brother, Yonatan, was the only member of the rescue operation killed in the raid. He was a pretty amazing person, from what I see on Wikipedia, and a national hero. He could have become Prime Minister. No wonder Benjamin Netanyahu's so fierce.

9 minutes ago, TsarGrey said:

No. Mid twenties. And Finn, which I can prove by speaking agglunative language with latin letters you don't understand word about.

What, tbh?

So did you get interested in Finnish politics? Or are they included in the boring politics you are talking about?

Mid-20s, so you've only seen good ole' boring Obama most of your life, Bush being under the radar before that.

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

One would think it you were a Russian troll, you'd use a more covert online handle than one that starts with Tsar.

Tell me about it.

2 hours ago, Hereward said:

Perhaps we could pause the lynch mob. After all, he never said he was motivated by support for Trump.

In fact, I sorta was. Trump show made me follow politics bit more, both those of USA and in my own country. Now don't take that as an admission I support Trump. I don't. His support was one of things I held against right-wing candidate Laura Huhtasaari in latest election of Finnish president. He's, as far as I'm avare, accused sexual assaulter and more or less incapable on his job. Which doesn't change the fact he's entertaining.

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

He's posted before. The northwest remembers

Obviously I've posted before. And what exactly is wrong with that? This is public discussion forum.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Hey, I thought my response was pretty reasonable. What, pray tell, lol, would you say to someone posting in the UK Politics thread that they had been uninterested in politics until Boris Johnson ran? Or Nigel Farage? Obama had a pretty boring, relatively controversy-free presidency for 8 years, but the events of Bush's years were pretty wild. Or maybe 9/11, ugly wars, and the worst economic crash since the depression were boring too? Or maybe he's a teen who can't remember that far back?

But I actually think he's a troll. Jace has a better memory.

You would, wouldn't you? I think a Russian would have a name like, oh, GeorgiaGrey (nice play on words, eh?)) or PatriotGrey or something along those lines. TsarGrey sounds like an American troll. Or, maybe, a Russian laughing up his sleeve?

Was it? Whatever. If one can't post observation without being blamed troll, that border has closed in to everyone who dares to say something.

47 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Hm, I feel like GeorgiaGrey would be a little too on the nose in its own right, like CrimeaGrey.  Maybe EarlGrey, so people think perhaps you work for MI6.

...and what does your username stand for, again?

38 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

It's also worth noting that Tsar is not some definitive word to Russians like it is to non-Russians.

An American hears Tsar and thinks of Anastasia and Rasputin or giant ballrooms. But Tsar is actually, like it's German equivalent Kaiser, kind of a mismatch of identifiable Imperial ideas.

So for example, calling yourself Tsar is closer to identifying yourself as Caesar rather than King. That's literally where the word comes from, by the way. You have to remember that Democracy is a fundamentally radical concept to the human experience and many of the institutions that seem so recently to have fallen were extremely old, and the roots of their power came from a world that seems unrecognizable to post-modern sensibilities.

But I digress. Let's get to the bottom of this TsarGrey issue.

So CaesarGrey doesn't really sound right to my ear. But GreyCaesar does, on account of Russians living in permanent sadness.

I'm not sure if I buy it though. It sounds closer to a fourteen year old sadface kid who likes pretending he knows what the fuck he's talking about and getting the poor libtards riled up as an exercise in non masturbatory emotional catharsis.

It's a coinflip for me.

Nah, I use it with meaning of Tsar. If I wanted to call myself Caesar, I would.

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I did not know that Benjamin Netanyahu's older brother, Yonatan, was the only member of the rescue operation killed in the raid. He was a pretty amazing person, from what I see on Wikipedia, and a national hero. He could have become Prime Minister. No wonder Benjamin Netanyahu's so fierce.

Yeah I remember when I found that out Bibi's hawkishness made a lot more sense.  Most of his early life, really.

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

So did you get interested in Finnish politics? Or are they included in the boring politics you are talking about?

Mid-20s, so you've only seen good ole' boring Obama most of your life, Bush being under the radar before that.

They were, and yes I did.

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

There's some interesting analysis in the NYT today that says that 9% of Obama voters voted for Trump but also that 7% of Obama voters did not vote at all in 2016 and that 3% voted for another candidate (not Trump or Clinton).

This just further illustrates that you can attribute Trump getting elected to any number of things and be equally valid.

Archived