NBA 2018 - Soup's on!

Jaime L

8 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Yeah, I know.  I'm just curious as to what he saw in the 1st half that made him believe Brown conveyed an uncertainty.  Perhaps when Miami hit one of their too many open corner 3's.  That usually pisses Brown off because he's stated in the past that SA never liked giving that shot up since that analytic boys rank it the 3rd most accurate shot--dunk, and layup are ahead of it--in the NBA.

He made great half-time adjustments. The first half a bad Miami team was taking it to them for long chunks. This is not a series that should be close.

2 hours ago, sperry said:

He made great half-time adjustments. The first half a bad Miami team was taking it to them for long chunks. This is not a series that should be close.

It's the playoffs, Miami is in it for a reason.  The regular season series between them and the Sixers went 2-2.  They have a talented team with a bunch of guys--9 if you count Waiters--who scored in double figures for the season.

I don't see how Brown deserved criticism for the game being close in the 1st half.  If every coach gets an unconfident label because his team is down 6 at half in the playoffs, the entire league would have some timid leaders.

11 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

It's the playoffs, Miami is in it for a reason.  The regular season series between them and the Sixers went 2-2.  They have a talented team with a bunch of guys--9 if you count Waiters--who scored in double figures for the season.

I don't see how Brown deserved criticism for the game being close in the 1st half.  If every coach gets an unconfident label because his team is down 6 at half in the playoffs, the entire league would have some timid leaders.

Miamis is not a good team. The talent differential is enormous.

17 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I appreciate all the Bucks predictions in here for the first round, but in classic Bucks fashion they're playing like horse shit and turned the ball over 8 times in the first quarter, lol

It's all Bucks now. Using their length to disrupt the Celtics flow. This is where they miss Kyrie.

Well, that was a very entertaining game to watch. Khris Middleton making one of the most clutch 3s I've ever seen to bring it to OT will be a moment I never forget. Unfortunately, the Bucks just couldn't be clutch enough to seal the deal, unsurprisingly. Their total inability to get defensive rebounds is a super huge hindrance and really painful to watch. 

Just now, IamMe90 said:

Well, that was a very entertaining game to watch. Khris Middleton making one of the most clutch 3s I've ever seen to bring it to OT will be a moment I never forget. Unfortunately, the Bucks just couldn't be clutch enough to seal the deal, unsurprisingly. Their total inability to get defensive rebounds is a super huge hindrance and really painful to watch. 

And the Celtics are a pretty dog shit team when it comes to rebounding too.  If you can't out-rebound Al Horford, you're doing it wrong.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:47 PM, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Credit to the Pacers.  They showed up @Philly.  Oladipo and Boddanovic went a combined 5/32 and Indiana still owned the lead and pace of the game ALL NIGHT.

They own; the better record, the season series, and the better team this year.

I'm so glad the Sixers snagged the 3rd seed and avoided Indiana.

Archived