NBA 2018 - Soup's on!

Jaime L

I don't usually hold player grudges.  I still think Melo had some major potential and at the time was sad to see him go but at least he played until he was traded. 

I say that to say this.  I loved watching Nurkic, who refused to play and dogged his way out of Denver, be almost no factor in the playoff series as Portland got swept.  Small consolation as my Nuggets sit at home, but it gave me some small joy for a bit at least.

Being a Bucks fan = constantly elevated blood pressure. You can't say their wins aren't exciting games, at least, hah. 

Also, the Jazz/Thunder game last night was oh so excellent. Rubio was unbelievably clutch, getting a triple double on 26 points and netting a buzzer beater 3 from way behind the arc at the end of the 3rd. They had 3 players over 20 (Rubio, Mitchell, and Ingles, plus Gobert had 18), and 3 players with over 10 rebounds (Rubio, Mitchell, Gobert). Even though I'm a Bucks fan primarily, I absolutely love the shit out of watching this Jazz team, and Mitchell is probably my favorite player to watch in the NBA. Kid is unbelievably poised and talented for a rookie. I get why Simmons will most likely win ROTY, but personally I'm more impressed watching Mitchell. 

11 hours ago, SkynJay said:

I say that to say this.  I loved watching Nurkic, who refused to play and dogged his way out of Denver, be almost no factor in the playoff series as Portland got swept.  Small consolation as my Nuggets sit at home, but it gave me some small joy for a bit at least.

AD made Nurkic seriously consider going back to play in Europe. Completely outclassed. 

Wizards have improbably tied this series through four.  They looked like they were hopelessly outclassed in game one and two; but the home court has been favorable in three and four.  I don’t know if they can steal game five in Canada or not, but they’ve got a better chance than I ever thought they would.

I agree with the general consensus that these playoffs have been immeasurably better than the last few years... and we aren’t even through the first round!

4 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Wow J.R. Smith should take off his shirt and go parading after that buzzer beater.

Agreed.  But everyone on the Cavs just walked off as if it happens every day. :lol: 

So, @Tywin et al., it may be fair to say that the Raps as a whole have choked these last two games - but I think I was right about DeRozan specifically :P Over the first 4 games he's averaged 25.7/3.3/4.7 on 48% FG and 43% 3pt shooting, including a 35 point performance tonight. Honestly, he's been pretty clutch.   

21 hours ago, briantw said:

Cavs/Warriors 4 coming up.  :lol:

Could be.  I'm a Warriors fan and I know you're a Cavs fan.  But I think a Houston-Philly Finals is just as likely if not more so.

Not even sure if the Warriors can beat New Orleans in the 2nd round without a fully healthy Curry, and perhaps not even with him the way Holiday and Rondo are playing D.  And for the Cavs, Lebron is a god, but even gods tire without enough help, and the Pacers are giving the Cavs everything they can handle right now (though I think Cleveland eventually wins that series).

6 hours ago, Wethers said:

Not even sure if the Warriors can beat New Orleans in the 2nd round without a fully healthy Curry, and perhaps not even with him the way Holiday and Rondo are playing D. 

I'm not so sure of that. Portland had no one that could guard AD, or Jrue for that matter, while the Warriors can put Big Dick Dre on AD and Klay on Holiday. I've got Warriors in 5, 6 max. 

6 hours ago, Relic said:

I'm not so sure of that. Portland had no one that could guard AD, or Jrue for that matter, while the Warriors can put Big Dick Dre on AD and Klay on Holiday. I've got Warriors in 5, 6 max. 

No. AD will destroy Green. Green is the most versatile defender in the NBA, but he has one glaring weakness: he can’t guard athletic bigs. AD, KAT, Embiid etc. are nightmare matchups for him.

8 hours ago, Relic said:

Green hasn't really been all that great this year, though.

2 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I would think Kerr gameplans his defense around Holiday and Mirotic.  AD is the hottest player in the playoffs currently, he's going to get his.  Limit his supporting cast and GS should be able to win in 5.

Quite possibly. While Durant, Green, and Klay play above avg individual defense, the Warriors play kinda sneaky good team defense. I'd LOVE to see the Pelicans wreck them, but it just won't happen. Not enough fire power.

That said, if the Pelicans go up 2 -1 somehow I'm totally jumping on the bandwagon and wishing for a Pelicans - 76ers Finals. 

They don't play sneaky good defense. They've been one of the best defensive teams in the league for a few years now. You just have to adjust for their up tempo pace of play. That said, this won't be as easy as you think. New Orleans matches up will against Golden State, and AD is playing out of his mind right now. Considering all the injuries GS has endured, don't be shocked if NO takes it in six. 

Stop me if you've heard this before.  Carmelo Anthony is showing no defensive effort whatsoever.  Arguing with the refs and not getting back on defense while UTAH takes advantage of the 5 vs. 4 and hits a 3.  

I wish he was still in NY destroying that franchise, but it'll still be great to see that fraud have another early exit in the playoffs.

Not surprized at all with seeing OKC folding like a wet dollar bill. I remember saying at the time they added Melo that it wouldnt work. Westbrook couldnt get a ring with Harden and Durant, he sure as hell isnt getting near one with Melo and George. They shot 39% from the floor in Game 4, its like a cast of chuckers that offense.

Archived