Football - Stolen Taxi for Pardew

Philokles

4 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Is this when Arsenal bounce back from a flaky, spineless slump with a late run of good form, narrowly overtake Spurs and save Wenger’s job for another season?  It doesn’t seem possible, and yet I’ve thought that before. 

I doubt it. Last night was all about a group of players desperate to play in next year's CL. I fully expect a resumption of normal league service against Watford at the weekend.

7 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I doubt it. Last night was all about a group of players desperate to play in next year's CL. I fully expect a resumption of normal league service against Watford at the weekend.

This.

I have no idea why Arsenal don't set up more like what they did on Thursday. Play to counter attack, especially with Aubameyang. Makes no sense to live in the world of possession with these players.

15 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Is this when Arsenal bounce back from a flaky, spineless slump with a late run of good form, narrowly overtake Spurs and save Wenger’s job for another season?  It doesn’t seem possible, and yet I’ve thought that before. 

Unlikely. Where are Spurs supposed to drop the required points for that?

The CL k.o. by Juve could send them spinning a bit, but the point difference should be big enough to finish above Arsenal this year in any case.

Arsene's best bet is the EL. That competition looks winnable for them this year. Silverware and CL qualification could be enough to save Wenger's neck.

2 hours ago, Notone said:

Unlikely. Where are Spurs supposed to drop the required points for that?

The CL k.o. by Juve could send them spinning a bit, but the point difference should be big enough to finish above Arsenal this year in any case.

Arsene's best bet is the EL. That competition looks winnable for them this year. Silverware and CL qualification could be enough to save Wenger's neck.

Logically yes, but it would be more fun the other way.

Nothing will save Wenger. If he's not gone by the start of next season, I'll eat my fucking dog. Fur, liver, anus - every last nasty scrap.

ETA: And yeah, that's her in my avatar. She will not taste good.

I feel confident we can beat Utd.Come on you Reds! B)

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Andy Robertson, Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk return to the starting XI at Old Trafford.Georginio Wijnaldum is back on the bench after illness.

Liverpool team: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Can, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Wijnaldum, Gomez, Henderson, Lallana, Solanke, Matip.

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

And Lukaku has been absolutely slaughtering Liverpool's center-backs.

Just Lovren really, whenever he’s on Van Dijk’s side he’s been dealt with. 

Credit to Mourinho, he’s got his tactics right overloading on the left.

Archived