Football - Stolen Taxi for Pardew

Philokles

5 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Knowing how Klopp is with bringing players back in after injuries, and given the length of time he's been out, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't really see him again until next season. 

Yeah you’re probably right. I think we will be fine for the most part but don’t like the matchup of Gomez or TAA vs Sane in the CL. 

Salah with four goals.  It’s Suarez-esque, but with a very different style.  If we didn’t have an international break approaching, and I believe Egypt aren’t playing a match, then he’d have been rested after Firmino’s goal.  Nice for him to pad his stats while he had a chance. 

A pity we can’t redistribute some of these goals to last Saturday.

Ings seems to have moved ahead of Solanke.  A bit unlucky not to score there. 

The commentator on my feed mentioned that Ronaldo has well over 100 goals (didn't mention an exact number) just in hattricks! Even at this stage of his career, he is still the most important player for RM. When he isn't playing or not playing well, very often all that pretty build up play has no end product and the defensive lapses which they are prone to ends up costing them. 

For the first time in a long time I'm actually mildly interested in some England friendlies. I mean, not actually interested enough that I'm going to watch the game or anything but, although it's probably not ideal for their chances of actually playing well, the team being so up in the air does make the friendlies somewhat significant.

46 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

For the first time in a long time I'm actually mildly interested in some England friendlies. I mean, not actually interested enough that I'm going to watch the game or anything but, although it's probably not ideal for their chances of actually playing well, the team being so up in the air does make the friendlies somewhat significant.

What would your XI for the Netherlands' game be?

I'd probably go with a 3-4-2-1 of:

Pope*; Stones, Dier, Maguire; Walker, Henderson, Alli**, Rose; Sterling, Rashford***; Vardy

*Southgate has said he's going to play Pickford; I prefer Pope. Reckon he won't even take Pope to Russia, and Hart will be back as No.1 by then.

**Would have been Wilshere, had he stayed fit. Alli isn't really a midfielder, but any other option is too defensive. Uncapped Lewis Cook could fill the role, maybe.

***This is where I'd have picked Alli, had Wilshere been fit; Rashford would be on the bench.

ETA: Just remembered Oxlade-Chamberlain is in the squad. Corrected XI:

Pope; Stones, Dier, Maguire; Walker, Henderson, Ox, Rose; Sterling, Alli; Vardy

Archived