Football - Stolen Taxi for Pardew

Philokles

Yeah awful game, lucky to get the point in the end. Liverpool’s attacking depth is pretty bad. Need a winger and a striker in the summer really. Solanke should be loaned out. Don’t think Ings/Origi/Sturridge have a future at Liverpool.  

9 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Yeah awful game, lucky to get the point in the end. Liverpool’s attacking depth is pretty bad. Need a winger and a striker in the summer really. Solanke should be loaned out. Don’t think Ings/Origi/Sturridge have a future at Liverpool.  

Solanke and Ings havent really played and Ings is better through the middle but was hung out on the right with not a lot of help. Solanke put himself about pretty well I thought just needs to get his finishing up to where it should be. Origi and Sturridge I can agree with. Where was Woodburn and why hasnt he had game time this season?

Karius was pretty good in goal and van dyk was pretty good. Mane wasnt on and only having klavan and milner out on his side didnt help.

Really hope we can get the intensity back up and Mo is fit for the City game. We got really lucky not to concede a late one in this game.

2 hours ago, lmanion said:

Where was Woodburn and why hasnt he had game time this season?

He’s injured atm.  He missed the recent Wales games because of it.  

Despite some good player rotation in November and December that helped us avoid injuries, the team is very stretched right now.  The first XI is fine but we’ve lost our potential for rotation to rest players.  Originally Coutinho, Lallana, Ox and even Moreno were the back-ups for Mane and Salah, while Ings/Solanke would cover Firmino.  Well Coutinho is gone, Lallana has been injured for almost the entire season, Moreno injured himself in the warm-up (FFS!) and Ox currently needs a rest himself.  Solanke and Ings were the weakest links, so needing to play them both, and one out of position, pretty much kills our attack.

I’m glad I didn’t bother waking up for the game.  I was hoping Ings would have a big day and grab a goal but I’m not at all surprised that our attacking play faltered so badly.  

Well done to Karius and the defense.  

There it is. I can’t see United coming back now so City are going to win the Premier League the earliest in the season anyone’s ever won it. Doing it by beating United’s a bit of a cherry on top for them.

In fairness City are really, really good.

When you think De Bruyne, Walker and one of Jesus or Aguero are missing from this team plus there’s Mendy to come back too. It’s going to take a big improvement from someone in the chasing pack for us to get even close to a title race next year.

2 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

In fairness City are really, really good.

We should be really really good too, though. That's my fucking issue. Our squad might not be quite as good as theirs on paper but it isn't far off at all. But Mourinho has no idea how to use most of his players.

And Kompany has done it to us again. Poor Fergie, how can he watch it for the 2nd time.

Still a pity that we are not even able to challenge a team that was blatantly tactically overplayed in midweek. Klopp has just shown the way to us with Milner, Oxlade and Lovren on the field. We have Pogba, Matic, Sanchez and Lukaku on the field and we are overplayed. Fuck off.

Archived