Football - Stolen Taxi for Pardew

Philokles

This is why I expect more teams to attack City next year.  They’re like a better version of the Arsenal team most years under Wenger: great in possession but fragile if attacked.

Ashley Young has got away with two penalties and a red card.  Amazing that Utd still get the benefit from referees most weeks.  They and Spurs have the biggest advantage in this regard. 

3 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Ashley Young has got away with two penalties and a red card.  Amazing that Utd still get the benefit from referees most weeks.  They and Spurs have the biggest advantage in this regard. 

Nah, Liverpool do.

4 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Just unbelievable tackle on Aguero. What the fuck.

It's hard to get excited when a big match comes around due to how Mourinho sets us up in those games. The 1st half was dire but that was a great 2nd half. We only actually try to win a game once we have to chase it. We've got a good squad but Mourinho's negative tactics has us playing at around 80% most of the time. He's certainly not making the most of the quality at his disposal.

Some small consolation: at least City didn't clinch the title against us. Also saw a little stat: this is the first time since 2010/2011 season that we have a win against all the teams in the league. So there has been improvement under Mourinho but you always get the feeling that the team isn't playing up to their full potential whereas Pep has close to maximised the potential of his squad. 

13 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

This is just your bias talking. Fans always feel that rival clubs get the rub of the green with decisions. These things usually balance out over the course of a season.

Neil Harris is doing an incredible job with Millwall. One point off the play off places with one of the lowest budgets in the Championship, straight after taking them up through the League One play offs last season. Staying in the Championship would have been an achievement, never mind a push for promotion.

Another disappointing visit to Stamford Bridge for me, although not as bad as my last one: Chelsea’s 0-3 to Bournemouth.

That’s top four completely gone, if it wasn’t already. 

Conte was a breath of fresh air last season, but his negativity has sapped the life out of the club and the players this season. There are quite a few players in that team I wouldn’t mind seeing sold this summer. 

It’s weird, in a way, I don’t even care that we aren’t going to be in the Champions League next year, as we are hardly going to win it anyway. It’s just the fact we will be less appealing to players we are trying to sign in the summer that’s the real problem with us missing out.

The positive way to look at Europa League is that we could rest our best players for the group stage and focus on the league, but that’s hardly worked for Arsenal.

I imagine Hazard won’t want another year without Champions League football, so he’ll probably leave for Real Madrid. He’s going to be very difficult, especially when we can’t offer players a chance to play in the big European competition.

If we win the FA cup, it will be like Arsenal’s victory in it last season: a turd polisher.

23 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Also, am I going crazy or HSV managed to win a game?

Thank you for bringing that up.

There is no curse in elvish, entish, or the tongues of men to properly express my disgust at Schalke for their performance.

I hope Dortmund scores in the double digits in their derby next week.

1 hour ago, Notone said:

Thank you for bringing that up.

There is no curse in elvish, entish, or the tongues of men to properly express my disgust at Schalke for their performance.

I hope Dortmund scores in the double digits in their derby next week.

Who else, in their hour of need, is going to look after a perennially dysfunctional, well-supported club with its glory days well in the past than another one? I'm sure Schalke fans will accept a repeat of the last derby - with the four goals down in 25 minutes.

What is happening to FCSP and the 2. Liga, by the way? In 15th, only three points off the relegation play-off, but four points away from 4th.

Nice of Chelsea to drop points.  Our CL adventure will (hopefully) be a distraction for another few weeks and leave our squad stretched by fatigue and injury.  It will help a lot if we’re not at risk of dropping out of the top 4 at the same time. 

Chelsea and Arsenal are both facing Thursday night EL games next season, which can be good as a confidence builder and squad developer but it comes with some toll on players too. 

29 minutes ago, The Winged Shadow said:

These Fellaini to Liverpool rumors are killing me though.

I had to laugh reading these rumours. Not only is Fellaini unsuited to Klopp's playing style but United refuse to meet his wage demands so I don't see Liverpool making a limited player unsuited to their style one of the clubs highest paid players. 

22 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

What is happening to FCSP and the 2. Liga, by the way? In 15th, only three points off the relegation play-off, but four points away from 4th.

Simple.

Very poor overall level of play this year in the league, Kiel is still sitting on third despite not having won ten games straight earlier this year for crying out loud.

Then to us: Somewhat dysfunctional team that lacks balls, and shits themselves under pressure, who are unable to score goals (I think we have the worst offense in the league). Then you throw away 4 points in 2 games against relegation battlers (Kaiserslautern away, Kaiserslautern is one guy down, we are in the lead, then those bottlers gave away a silly freekick and get caught napping on that freekick -> equalizer. 1 point instead of 3. Last week against Sandhausen you get awarded a soft penalty, our top goal scorer from last season runs up and bottles that (not to mention that he has scored a magnificient number of goals this season (4) thus you also walk away from that game with one point instead of three). Add to that injury problems of a few key players like Buchtmann (who is finally back after being out for months), and you get that. The only shimmer of light in that mess is, that a.) Buchtmann is back from injury, and b.) Sobiech will hopefully be back into action next week (before he leaves for Köln at the end of the season). That should bring back some footballing quality and leadership.

Archived