Football - Stolen Taxi for Pardew

Philokles

17 minutes ago, Mikael said:

So.. Good day to be a Roma fan, unlinke most days ;)

I'd rather say: bad day to be a tiki taka adept.

Although a Liverpool-Roma tie would be fun, I totally expect a Liverpool-Real. Which wouldn't sound nice to scousers, even though they have knocked out City far more easily that expected.

Heck, I'm fancying about a Liverpool-Real game before Real are even qualified. Do you think Juve actually able of emulating their Roman neighbours tomorrow ? Gonna be hard...

33 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I'm really conflicted now. I was disappointed when we drew City because I wanted an exotic, fancy team, but now for the semis I think I might prefer to save Bayern/Real for the final and get Roma instead.

I imagine fate would have drawn us against Barcelona, had they been there, so we could say hey to Coutinho, so perhaps Salah will get to see his old buddies!

i'm with you on that,Roma is the semis pretty please.:D

I just got out of a meeting to see the score and watch the highlights.  Looks like we were lucky with that offside but they were lucky that Sterling's foul was not given.  Both were pretty obvious so I'm going to guess it wasn't a stellar night of refereeing.  I wonder was the referee just about to give Mane a penalty until Salah scored the goal playing the advantage?  He certainly didn't go back and book Otamendi.

Well done by Liverpool though.  City got their dream start (unfairly) and then piled on tons of pressure, but the defense held out and eventually the forwards got the clinching goals.  It's no small feat to beat them home and away, especially with fatigue and injuries hitting us at the wrong time.

Congratulations to City who proved to be one goal better than Porto against us over two legs. (I couldn't resist)

Well done to Roma though.  I was hoping for Barca in the semis for the big glamour tie, the reunion with Suarez (and Coutinho in the crowd), and because I think our counter-press could wreak as much damage against them as it did against City.  But who cares, we're in the semis now and we have a decent shot against any of them.  It could all end in tears, it usually does, but it's the ups and downs and bitten nails that count.

Archived