Win Second Blackfyre Rebellion

Eh, I really don't think he could've. Even if he didn't make all the mistakes at that wedding and won everyone's support, he still didn't stand a chance at overthrowing the Iron Throne. Daemon was convinced his dreams meant his victory and never even considered the possibility his visions were unrelated to his intervention.

Gather enough allies who in turn will rally their bannermen and allies, rinse and repeat. Daemon is good at attracting people around him. We saw him with a small but I'd say secure bunch at Whitewalls.

I don't see him winning in open battle. His pathetic attempt at calling out Brynden shows, for me, that he could never command respect in an army. So the way to go is creating a state of open revolt in southron regions and going guerilla, then harassing the royal army down to the point he could set terms with the Crown.

This way he MAY stand a chance. I mean, he could at least become a Warden somewhere. Somehow, he just don't strike me kingly. 

1 minute ago, Jon Fossoway said:

Yeah, I guess we're reaching a dead end of nothingness to talk about 

we have talked about everything worth talking about around 5 years ago, or 2 years after the last book was released. Occasionally, there is a tidbit that rises, like how it was pointed out that when the Yunkai(?) sent out their mounted champion against Belwas, Jorah said "An honorable man would have dismounted" which connects to his quote about Rhaegar how he fought honorably and then he died. since Bob was injured in their melee, it lends itself to the idea that Rhaegar dismounted after Bob was unhorsed, being honorable and all and then bob did the thing with the spike on his hammer 

I agree that as it was, he didn't stand a chance. He'd left his sword and army back in Essos, and not enough of the people were willing to rise for him. And from what we know, Bloodraven had the conspiracy unmasked well before any momentum could have happened.

Personally, if I was in charge of the Blackfyres after the first rebellion failed, I would have gone off and founded a new kingdom somewhere.

He would have had some success if they had succeeded in keeping the conspiracy secret from Bloodraven. Daemon winning the dragon egg and making a public show out of it could have given the assembled men the momentum to begin a campaign. And we don't really know what the adjacent Riverlords - Lady Lothston, the Brackens, etc. - would have done if Bloodraven hadn't gotten to them first.

Peake's own estimation that a victory might have drawn Bittersteel and the other exiles across the water may not have been wrong, either. That would have opened up two fronts for Aerys I and Bloodraven, and could have put them in a very bad position if crucial assets - especially close to KL - had declared for the Black Dragon.

But with Bloodraven knowing literally everything about the plan before the rebellion even started made the whole thing a stillbirth from the start.

Archived