Posting Difficulties

DMC

Because I'll be talking about the advertisements on this site, I want to clarify from the get-go this is a problem on my end and I'm, well, simply looking for help.

So about a week ago I used HBO Go on my main laptop for the first time in months, and from what I can recall it had me update a new Flash Player, which I agreed to without thinking.  Since then, navigating this site has been hell.  It's hard to describe, but I continuously get looped into the ads on either the top or bottom of the page.  When I try to post something of any length, it inevitably stalls out, to the point the easiest - and usually only - solution is to go to the "aw snap" page on Chrome and let it reload.  Thanks to you guys, the content is usually saved/recovered, but this literally happens all the time (it's happened three times while writing this post) and I'm at my wits end.

I have tried clearing the cache, and the site does appear to work fine using another browser - tried it on Safari because unfortunately I have a Mac.  This site also has been working fine in the meantime on my ipad.  But this problem persists when I use Chrome and my laptop, unique to this site and its ads.  Every other site I've visited since this problem started has worked fine.  Wondering if anyone knows why this is going on and if my dumbass can fix it?

I'll look into this, because certainly Flash ads can be problematic  especially given that it is being phased out.

In the interim, since you mention Chrome, see if you can block flash on westeros.org as described here

Thanks.  That pop-up blocker in the link fixed it.  FYI, before I downloaded the pop-up blocker I followed the instructions of that link to content settings.  Flash was on "Ask first," but there were three sites in there and I deleted them all - two of them were HBO Go and the other was WWE, even though I canceled my network subscription months ago (can't remember precisely when).  Objectively, the problem obviously started with HBO Go for some reason.  But I still think Linda McMahon should resign as SBA Administrator out of principle.

Archived