Smell things you hate

Durckad

21 hours ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

I have no sense of smell, so this really does not bother me.

Did you used to be a surfer? Common among surfers. Poor you! :( 

19 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Did you used to be a surfer? Common among surfers. Poor you! :( 

And boxers. Apparently the olfactory nerves connect directly to the brain through the front of the skull, and if the brain gets jostled around too much these nerves can shear off.

Ah, I just remembered the Bradford pear tree (often regarded as smelling like semen lol). I believe one grew near my old apartment -- it's terrible smell stank up my bedroom during the spring/summer (I left the window open because we didn't have AC). 

You guys are doing this wrong. This thread isn't about smells you hate, it's about smelling things you hate, and reporting back. I for instance hate the jacaranda tree that's out front of my house, but I've smelled it plenty, and it smells nice. I also hate a certain bird who chirps incessantly outside my bedroom window starting at about 4 am, but I've yet to have the opportunity to smell it. If and when I do, I'll let you know what I think.

6 hours ago, Myshkin said:

You guys are doing this wrong. This thread isn't about smells you hate, it's about smelling things you hate, and reporting back.

You're literally a genius.

I hate it when my students hand in late work. I took a hearty sniff of a piece given to me today. The student burst into tears and said they'd never do that again. FYI the work smelled as terrible as its quality.

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Men who pee on public toilet seats and don’t clean up might be worse than people who refuse to let people merge on the highway.

I need you to go smell that and get back to us by the end of the week.  :makes note on calendar:  I smelled the dishes in my sink and it prompted me to wash them.  I hate cold slimy dirty dishes.

11 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

I need you to go smell that and get back to us by the end of the week.  :makes note on calendar:  I smelled the dishes in my sink and it prompted me to wash them.  I hate cold slimy dirty dishes.

Haha, it appears I’m a title victim.

If you want to talk about bad smelling dishes, make yourself a protein shake smoothie for breakfast and leave it in the sink without thoroughly cleaning it and go smell it after you get home from a 10 hour work shift.

:ack:

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Men who pee on public toilet seats and don’t clean up might be worse than people who refuse to let people merge on the highway.

Have you smelled these men? If so, what were your thoughts?

• 3 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 7:15 AM, Myshkin said:

Have you smelled these men? If so, what were your thoughts?

I unintentionally smelled a man I can't stand at work. He smells nice, which only annoyed me further.

• 1 month later...

I live on a dairy and with the heat and humidity right now the silage that's been doused in molasses is an odor that penetrates everything.  Sickeningly sweet to the point of being nauseating.  Combined with a couple of what I assume are rotting bodies I'm burning like $10 in incense a day to just keep the stench at bay.  

Archived