So let's talk about Sasquatch. 100% impossible, or is there at least a chance that it exists?

Free Northman Reborn

8 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

That is pretty much my stance, broadly. If one had to bet your money on it, one would say no. But unlikely doesn't mean impossible. So there is still a chance.

4 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

It won't show on my screen but I'm assuming it's the Lloyd Christmas line this thread has been begging for from the start?

Your assumption is correct.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Aliens...

There's a series of outstanding videos by "In a Nutshell" on YouTube discussing why we haven't found evidence of aliens.

They discuss the Fermi Paradox here:

And one possible solution, the "Great Filter" here:

8 minutes ago, Yukle said:

There's a series of outstanding videos by "In a Nutshell" on YouTube discussing why we haven't found evidence of aliens.

The Pentagon/DoD has been releasing all kinds of evidence recently.

6 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

The Pentagon/DoD has been releasing all kinds of evidence recently.

When I lived in South America (2010), either the Chilean or Colombian government claimed to have undeniable proof that UFOs are real. One story that's always stuck with me is from WW2. The crew aboard a submarine claimed to have seen an object far below them on their radar, way too low for any ship at the time to go, and that after hover beneath them for a while it shot away at speeds never seen. Might just be the results of cabin fever, but they seemed absolutely convinced.  

21 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Why do we need to romanticize hairy creatures in the woods?  Lots of guys are plenty hairy right in the town you live in.

But are their....feet big?

I believe it's a purely folkloric creature which may even exist in the realm of ancestral memory connected to other hominids that we, homo sapiens used to live alongside.  

You can make the claim that it's not 100% impossible about every cryptid and folkloric creature which must make them very attractive to some people. 

You can say that mermaids, selkies, pixies and fairies *could* exist. That it's not 100% impossible. But does that mean that it's likely they do? Not really. 

I think it's incredibly unlikely that such a creature (sasquatch) exists. It's similar to many folkloric creatures that exist in a number of cultures. The idea of there being a secretive species of creatures relatively close to human is an interesting one...it's just...not at all likely. 

Urban myths have taken the place of folklore that had always been important to human beings and society. 

That's all this is, I believe,  modern day fairy tales and folkore. 

Archived