Should we phase out fossil fuels or should all the coal miners be forced to take jobs clubbing baby seals?

Larry of the Lawn

5 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Those are really the only two options here, sad that the right and left have taken such hard lines but that's the world we live in.  Discuss.

This is an excellent  topic Larry, far better way illustrate  left right divide  and polarization .B)

Political talks and concerns are impolite.  Let's talk about something else that doesn't make me think about the world around me.

I mean, of people would just stop shooting each other we wouldnt have to hear all this talk about gun control.  So many people with opinions.  I remember when an opinion was something you locked away in deep psychological vault, I'm talking like three levels more secured and inscrutable than your sexuality.  

Clubbing baby seals has long been a livelihood in 'the poor bald rock' known as Newfoundland. West Virginia looks like a tropical oasis next to Newfoundland. I suspect very few would like to move there. 

Just now, maarsen said:

Clubbing baby seals has long been a livelihood in 'the poor bald rock' known as Newfoundland. West Virginia looks like a tropical oasis next to Newfoundland. I suspect very few would like to move there. 

It's not about what they like, they should be thankful for the job opportunity. But with today's entitled young people why am I not surprised?

Plus think about global warming and opening new markets.  Tariffs could also help.

51 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Political talks and concerns are impolite.  Let's talk about something else that doesn't make me think about the world around me.

I mean, of people would just stop shooting each other we wouldnt have to hear all this talk about gun control.  So many people with opinions.  I remember when an opinion was something you locked away in deep psychological vault, I'm talking like three levels more secured and inscrutable than your sexuality.  

The world is no ones friend Larry , yes we all know that.

You might want dial down the digs  Larry because those don't add anything useful to your comments. 

24 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

You do realize that training and science are just theories lol?

There will be retraining  of Coal miners when the waves swallow the land because  kelp faming will become the hot new profession  and it should be easy for the the Cool Miner learn how to grow and harvest  this new seaweed resource.

39 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

It's not about what they like, they should be thankful for the job opportunity. But with today's entitled young people why am I not surprised?

Plus think about global warming and opening new markets.  Tariffs could also help.

Pffffttt! We won’t give them work visas, you idiot. Take jobs away from Canadians? 

22 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Can we get them to pull double duty on sea lions?

On 3/14/2018 at 3:57 AM, Fragile Bird said:

Pffffttt! We won’t give them work visas, you idiot. Take jobs away from Canadians? 

I think just take away the Canadians. If every American agrees to invade Canada and keep firing until the run out of ammo, they can then toss their guns into the tundra somewhere. With no more guns, and no more Canadians, America is safe both from violence and from losing hockey. After that, everyone can rush back with a barrel full of oil and use the plastic from the refined oil to build a carbon fibre wall on the Rio Grande. Therefore no more Mexicans.

I think that fixes all of the problems for the right and left in the USA.

Archived