US Politics: The Ides of Mueller

Paladin of Ice

Learn to multiquote - m

And the three ring circus continues.

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Are you shitting me?

I was merely asking Doom what he thought on the issue. That's all.

8 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

No, he's sea lioning  you.

No Im not trying to Godwin this thread.  I  was just asking a question. 

7 hours ago, Shryke said:

Trump just wants it because he loves authoritarianism and fascism. He's all about just shooting "criminals" in the streets. It's part of his appeal to his base.

In some cases they do apply the death penalty to murders .  Drug dealers do sell substances that can cause people to die, opioids, heron , cocaine being examples of those substances. 

14 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

In some cases they do apply the death penalty to murders .  Drug dealers do sell substances that can cause people to die, opioids, heron , cocaine being examples of those substances. 

Again, cigarettes and alcohol.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/could-a-mississippi-mud-fight-cost-the-gop-a-senate-seat.html

Could a Mississippi Mud Fight Cost the GOP a Senate Seat?

Chris McDaniel ended one U.S. Senate campaign this week and began another. The Mississippi state senator and establishment GOP gadfly announced on Wednesday that he will no longer challenge Republican Sen. Roger Wicker in a June primary and will instead run for the seat that will open up once the state’s other GOP senator, Thad Cochran, retires next month.

The news is simultaneously great for Wicker and pretty horrible for his Republican friends, both in the Washington establishment and back home in Mississippi

So Stormy Daniels' lawyer just responded "yes" on Morning to Joe to questions of whether Daniels was threatened and if she was physically threatened.  60 Minutes interview with Daniels airs March 25.

ETA:  Sorry, he didn't answer whether her life was threatened, just that she was physically threatened.

14 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

So Stormy Daniels' lawyer just responded "yes" on Morning to Joe to questions of whether Daniels was threatened and if she was physically threatened.  60 Minutes interview with Daniels airs March 25.

ETA:  Sorry, he didn't answer whether her life was threatened, just that she was physically threatened.

And there is this out there in the weeds; allegedly six more women, two with NDA's.  Well, Prez Golden Showers did brag that nobody respects women more than he does.  ummm, yeah

Yeah Avenatti is very clear he hasn't vetted their claims yet.  His confirmation that there was a physical threat to Daniels, and plain implication it will be detailed in the 60 Minutes interview though, pretty much confirms that this story is not going to go away anytime soon.

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Yeah Avenatti is very clear he hasn't vetted their claims yet.  His confirmation that there was a physical threat to Daniels, and plain implication it will be detailed in the 60 Minutes interview though, pretty much confirms that this story is not going to go away anytime soon.

Yes, he's been clear that claims have been made, but not vetted.  If some/all do vet clean and he can bring them forward, that could encourage other women (if there are any) to come forward as well.   Also, the threatening of Daniels is a serious charge.  If true, will the Evangelicals give him another mulligan?*

*trick question, of course they will

Of course they'll forgive Trump anything. They've annointed him as their Cyrus, a pagan king who does the Lord's work. Christianofascism really allows you to rationalize whatever you want.

May these fuckers be abandoned by their children and wander in the wilderness forever, wailing and gnashing their teeth.

11 hours ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Drug dealers come in all varieties Doom. What do you think should be done with Drug dealers in general  ?  They do sell  illicit harmful substances ruin and take lives. What do you think is a just punishment for anyone who engages in this sort of activity ? 

This is exactly why drugs should be legalized. Legalized, regulated and taxed just like alcohol, cigarettes and now marijuana. Two things will happen: the overdose rate will drop, and gun deaths in the inner cities will drop because there will be no reason to kill each other over it. Essentially, you take an illicit black market and turn it into a respectable business that employs people and gives them a chance to earn a living. While people may still become addicted, they'll be less likely to resort to stealing and all their other means of getting their hands on drugs because they know they'll be able to walk down the street to a dispensary and get their fix, at a much more reasonable price than the black market. 

Just my two cents. I've worked in public health for almost 25 years and making drugs illegal has been nothing short of a disaster. 

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

The hype has begun for Comey's upcoming book and tour.  Due out April 18, it promises to bring spring showers.

But has it reached Cleganebowl levels of hype?

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

I’ve always wondered why she took such a low sum of money (relatively speaking). I would have told his lawyer to add a zero or two for my silence.

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’ve always wondered why she took such a low sum of money (relatively speaking). I would have told his lawyer to add a zero or two for my silence.

I'm of the opposite viewpoint. If I ever had sex with Trump, I'd be wanting HIM to sign a NDA so no one else ever knew my shame.

6 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

This is the hottest new bestseller, M. Isikoff and David Corn's Russian Roulette.

Connecting the dots between Trump and Putin, sounds like a fascinating read- https://www.npr.org/2018/03/13/593122414/russian-roulette-authors-seek-to-connect-the-dots-between-trump-and-putin

The authors were on CNN last night and told Anderson Cooper that when in Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant, all Trump could ask was when could he meet Putin and would Putin attend the show. Eventually he got a message from Putin’s assistant saying Putin would not be there, but that he was pleased Trump was in town.

More intriguing, though, was the fact that some time later a Russian showed up at the offices of the show with a gift from Putin for Trump: a polished black box that contained a sealed letter from Putin to Trump. And they wondered if Mueller has seen the letter.

16 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I'm of the opposite viewpoint. If I ever had sex with Trump, I'd be wanting HIM to sign a NDA so no one else ever knew my shame.

Wait a minute, are you saying you wouldn’t want to sleep with an old fat guy after he serenaded you with romantic poetry like “I hope all the sharks die?”

Is your heart made of stone?

Archived