US Politics: The Ides of Mueller

Paladin of Ice

3 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

That's OK as far as it goes, but I like this variation, if you were a twee, what kind of twee would you be?

There may be other variations as well.     

4 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

That's OK as far as it goes, but I like this variation, if you were a twee, what kind of twee would you be?

There may be other variations as well.     

The problem with this  thread NastyLongRider,  is that there are way too many oak trees. 

Pundits here, there and everywhere are speculating that orange soda jerk is getting ready to fire Mueller and have his investigation shut down. with all the firings and congress shutting down the farce of their own investigation into the callaboration of orange soda's people and Russia have put all the stool-stooges in place to pull out from under the special investigator. However with the simultaneous breaking of the CA 4 - year long Guardian-NYT investigation results with the Firing of Everybody and the soda jerk publicly doing end zone dances while insulting the fired -- his objective to stop the investigations may well be already failed, as  now as others, such as pointed out above, the state of Massachusetts launching its own investigation into Cambridge Analytica's ball of collaborative corruption and -- treason? -- with Face Book, at best, as the willingly blind enabler.

Even if Comey, McCabe and Mueller are fired, this isn't going away. The only resort then will be out-and-out violence -- arrests, disappearances, murders and the rest -- against the media and the press and any other person and entity that speaks to this vast network and system of corruption, venality, treason and criminality. 

It is treason is it not -- to collaborate with a foreign entity to destroy the United States's election systems? It's impossible to investigate CA without digging into FB too . . . and YouTube, which has been a blithe host for hate speech, KKKers, white supemacist haters, impassioned paeons to gun ownership and killing.  Only reluctantly, pressured from the outside, has it blocked some of this stuff:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/28/youtube-bans-neo-nazi-group-following-backlash-over-hate-speech/

https://uproxx.com/news/youtube-bans-nazi-white-supremacist-channel/

I am beginning to wonder if Trumps best move really might be to roll the dice and fire Mueller.  I would be floored if Mueller doesn’t actually have something on Trump so the conclusion of the investigation might very well bring him down.  On the other hand, right now the R’s control congress and despite guys like Gowdy, Flake, and Graham warning Trump not to fire Mueller - do we really think that the Republican Congress as a whole is going to do an about face on enabling Trump if he fires the lead investigator of an investigation that many of them have openly criticized?  They’re going to take a stand against Trump and their voters en masse?  I seriously fucking doubt it.  I think there’s a real good chance Trump could fire Mueller and more or less get away with it.

It seems like Mueller submitting questions to Trump spooked them all. I think they looked at what they were asking, realised what they might know and are fucking panicked.

I read something saying after his tweets today Trump's staff rushed him to a golf course to distract him.

10 minutes ago, S John said:

I am beginning to wonder if Trumps best move really might be to roll the dice and fire Mueller.  I would be floored if Mueller doesn’t actually have something on Trump so the conclusion of the investigation might very well bring him down.  On the other hand, right now the R’s control congress and despite guys like Gowdy, Flake, and Graham warning Trump not to fire Mueller - do we really think that the Republican Congress as a whole is going to do an about face on enabling Trump if he fires the lead investigator of an investigation that many of them have openly criticized?  They’re going to take a stand against Trump and their voters en masse?  I seriously fucking doubt it.  I think there’s a real good chance Trump could fire Mueller and more or less get away with it.

If Mueller actually had something concrete , leaks not withstanding ,  It would have come out by now  in some way shape or form . 

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I keep thinking there will not be an election. I was thinking 2020, but hey, 2018’s looking pretty good now.

Really/not really. But maybe.

Yeah, that's been my fear for awhile now too. I just...don't think these people can afford to give up power, because they will all end up in prison if they do. Dark times. 

2 minutes ago, Shryke said:

It seems like Mueller submitting questions to Trump spooked them all. I think they looked at what they were asking, realised what they might know and are fucking panicked.

I read something saying after his tweets today Trump's staff rushed him to a golf course to distract him.

That's certainly how it looks, given the timeline of events. 

1 minute ago, Shryke said:

Given the recent Republican moves with regard to the Russian investigation, wouldn't there be less of an incentive for Trump to meet with Mueller and answer questions ? 

10 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I keep thinking there will not be an election. I was thinking 2020, but hey, 2018’s looking pretty good now.

Really/not really. But maybe.

I doubt it. You don't seize power by stopping elections, you just rig them. Even Putin runs elections.

The GOP will just completely ignore the law and work to continue to stack the judiciary with cronies and rig elections.

58 minutes ago, Shryke said:

I doubt it. You don't seize power by stopping elections, you just rig them. Even Putin runs elections.

The GOP will just completely ignore the law and work to continue to stack the judiciary with cronies and rig elections.

And how can the GOP rig the elections Gerrymander every state and district ? Someone , the Courts, The media ,social media . and local politicians , citizen watch dog groups would figure out that some kind of fix was in and stop it or publicize  it to the point that it wouldn't  happen at all.

8 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Well, the Trump org subpoena was recent as well.

Archived