Westerlings in the West?

Corvo the Crow

We know Robb is not much of a thinker so he wouldn't have thought about it but let's assume he did;

What did he plan to do with the Westerling family after he wins the war? Their lands aren't part of his kingdom, they have betrayed their overlord and unlike Stannis, Tywin isn't the "Forgiven but not forgotten" type.

6 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Hope to win the war and then negotiate a settlement from a position of strength, I guess. But yes, the plot required him to do dumb things. So sometimes there aren't good answers.

Tywin wouldn't honor that deal though and Westerlings have no power to defend themselves.

6 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

We know Robb is not much of a thinker so he wouldn't have thought about it but let's assume he did;

What did he plan to do with the Westerling family after he wins the war? Their lands aren't part of his kingdom, they have betrayed their overlord and unlike Stannis, Tywin isn't the "Forgiven but not forgotten" type.

I think part of winning the war is having Tywin's head on a spike. Nothing is won so long as he's still alive.

1 hour ago, Widow's Watch said:

I think part of winning the war is having Tywin's head on a spike. Nothing is won so long as he's still alive.

1 hour ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

That assumes Tywin survives a war won by the Starks.

Can't really see Tywin's successor willing to allow a House that turned traitor to remain in their lands. The Westerlings were already on their last legs, they'd get zero support from the other Westerland lords if not outright hostility. 

9 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

let's assume he did;

Why? The westerlings and specifically Jeyne are a huge mistake that he would never have gotten himself into if he had any wisdom. But he didn't and that was a huge plot in storm. So let's not assume anything without speaking to the author because it is just blathering about something.

14 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

That assumes Tywin survives a war won by the Starks.

14 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

Did Robb intend to kill Tywin though? I mean off the field. And Even if Tywin dies there's the dutiful Kevan, mad Cersei and possibly many other Lannisters who wouldn't look favorably to having the Westerlings sit a few days ride from them.

6 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Did Robb intend to kill Tywin though? I mean off the field. And Even if Tywin dies there's the dutiful Kevan, mad Cersei and possibly many other Lannisters who wouldn't look favorably to having the Westerlings sit a few days ride from them.

But Robb's plan in the west was to drawn Tywin to him, which almost worked had Edmure not opposed him at the Fords. And King's Landing would have fallen to Stannis, and he would have done away with Cersei and the children. Once Stannis takes King's Landing, I imagine the Reach would have fallen in line and supported him. I don't think the Lannisters would have remained in charge of the west. I don't think the other Houses would have had the choice but to fall in line, especially if the Lannisters are wiped out.

I'm more curious to know how Sybell Westerling/Rolph Spicer were communicating with Tywin and scheming with him that no one even had a clue what they were up to.

If Robb won the war he would be king of the North and Trident and lord Westerlings grandchildren would be princes, would who ever is in charge of the West after Robb won seek vegence against a power that just defeated them? The Westerlings would honestly be granted more lands due to Robb being the winner and all and rewarding his father in law, Robb would agree to peace if the Westerlings are granted more lands including a few gold mines. 

Archived