Westeros Dynasty Baseball 2018

grozeng

Starting a thread so we can hopefully drum up some more people.  Right now we have:

@Bronn Stone
@Jaxom 1974
@PyroclasticFlow
@Week
@grozeng

Was @Mexal in?

I think we decided on Dynasty over Keeper.  I think we follow the same format as WJ's league or do we move a couple of SP to P?  7SP seems a lot to me and I think we did it so you could just minimize changing your roster.  Do we make 5 SP and two P?

Budgets are $300 per team.

Settings are:  You have to spend at least $1 on each roster spot.  Roster spots are C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, 2 UT, 7 SP, 3 RP, 6 Bench.  Also, we have 5 DL spots and we've added 1 NA spot this year for players in the minors.

Scoring categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS for offense.  QS, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, and Saves for pitching.  Roto scoring.

We will go to the end of the year.

Players are signed for 1-4 years.  Dollar values do not increase if you sign the person for future years.  Penalty for dropping someone is 1/3 of the contract rounded up for the remainder of the contract.

We need to find a draft time between now and the beginning of the season.  We will draft after 9:30pm eastern.

Am I missing anything.

The number of SP slots should be sufficient to reach the total innings required without swapping them in and out.  Best to err on the side of too many slots rather than too few.  Owners aren't obligated to fill the slots either in the draft or in the actual play.

As to the number of P vs. RP vs. SP slots, there should only be 30 (or fewer) possible slots in which one could put a closer when all league members are factored in.

On 3/19/2018 at 4:43 PM, Bronn Stone said:

The number of SP slots should be sufficient to reach the total innings required without swapping them in and out.  Best to err on the side of too many slots rather than too few.  Owners aren't obligated to fill the slots either in the draft or in the actual play.

As to the number of P vs. RP vs. SP slots, there should only be 30 (or fewer) possible slots in which one could put a closer when all league members are factored in.

So what is your suggestion for innings and slots for a full year?

Need 5 more people.

2 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

What is a Dynasty league?

Pretty much the same format as WJ's league with one more feature.  You can select a "length" for each contract of 1-4 years.  After the draft, you indicate which players you want to give longer term deals and you will have those players for the duration you select.  There is a penalty for dropping a player with a long-term deal, so don't give them out willy-nilly.

Spoiler alert:  The path to success in the long term is to have budding superstars and low value deals.  If you draft Mike Trout and pay the market rate, you probably want to make that a one-year deal.  You can always pay the market rate next year.  As you might expect, prospects go for higher rates in that format.  No way the bidding on Acuña would have stopped at $12 in Dynasty, as it did in standard.

There is a Dynasty Football league and the thread can give you an idea of how they go.

Archived