The TWOW chapters, what should I do?

George Martin has realeased some chapers from the sixth ASOIAF book, The Winds of Winter. Since Martin announced that TWOW wouldn't hit the shelves in 2018, I got more curious about these chapters but I still don't want to spoil me any surprise about the next book. I want an advice from the ones that have already read these chapters: Are they worthy of the reading? Should I read them? Does something importan happen in these chapters?

6 hours ago, Littlefinger's crewman said:

George Martin has realeased some chapers from the sixth ASOIAF book, The Winds of Winter. Since Martin announced that TWOW wouldn't hit the shelves in 2018, I got more curious about these chapters but I still don't want to spoil me any surprise about the next book. I want an advice from the ones that have already read these chapters: Are they worthy of the reading? Should I read them? Does something importan happen in these chapters?

Not sure this is the right place for this but I'll answer. 

I didn't especially enjoy AFFC and while ADWD's Theon chapters were among the best content in the series for me, other parts of ADWD were extremely difficult for me to get through. I was within a hair of adding ASOIAF to the ever-growing list of series I've abandoned for various reasons over the years. 

The TWOW chapters completely sucked me back in. Obviously :P. I've enjoyed all of them a great deal. I wouldn't say anything huge happens in them, but you'll be quite surprised by some of the content and I'd characterize them as very effective teasers. They definitely changed my ideas as to where the series might be going so they're spoiler-y in that way. 

Archived