Ramsay and Rorge parallels-tinfoil what would happen to Ramsay.

Kandrax

Reading the books, i noticed that these two have parallels.

1) Both are serial rapists.

2) Both are called "a beast in human skin.

3) Both sacked one place, and another man is blamed for that.

4) Ramsay is responsible for Theon becoming Reek, while Rorge is responsible for Biter becoming a cannibal.

5) Both had a partner(Biter or Heke) who was doing something that is seen in both our world and Westeros as serious crime.

6) Rorge tried to rape Arya. Ramsay raped fake Arya.

7) Both have dog for Animal motif

8) Ramsay was in begining just a bastard and peasant, later he become legitimised and earned two lordships. Rorge was in begining a street criminal from KL, later he become leader of the most feared band of brigands.

9) First Povs(Davos and Brienne) that discover the truth about sacks have some similarities.

Both are sent to find a member of House Stark.

Both of them are fiercly loyal to their respective kings.

Both are looked down by others- Davos because of his lowborn past. Brienne because of her sex and look.

So, maybe will Davos kill Ramsay?

4 hours ago, Kandrax said:

2) Both are called "a beast in human skin.

The expression "Beast in human skin" first appeared during the wedding of Daenerys, to define the savagery of Dothraki.

That this expression has also been used to describe both Rorge and Ramsay also reveals the small degree of sophistication of both and provides narrative support for Roose's view that Ramsay is not a skilled warrior ("he swings that sword like a butcher hacking meat"), in parallel with Jorah's view that "a thousand good knights would have no trouble putting to flight a hundred times as many Dothraki."

The bad part here is that Jorah's view of the Dothraki changed over time and he became less certain that a Dothraki horde would lose a match against a handful of trained knights. Thus, there is also narrative support for Ramsay's fighting ability to surprise us.

4) Ramsay is responsible for Theon becoming Reek, while Rorge is responsible for Biter becoming a cannibal.

5) Both had a partner(Biter or Heke) who was doing something that is seen in both our world and Westeros as serious crime.

Here you pushed a little too far. In both cases, you show how Rorge was responsible for transforming Biter to worse and employed him in criminal activities. However, in the first you use Theon and Heke Reek in the next, when would be more appropriate to use Heke Reek on both.

Appropriate but without textual support, since Roose wondered "was it Ramsay who corrupted Reek, or Reek Ramsay?" (ADWD, Reek III).

In any case, the comparison with the Ramsay-Theon relationship seems to be forced, since the Rorge-Biter relation is much longer and perhaps more decisive in the personality formation of the "victim" (Biter).

The same would not be the case with the Ramsay-Heke relationship, since the relationship would be (if it had textual support) presumably as long and as determining as Rorge-Biter.

6) Rorge tried to rape Arya.

As far as I can remember, Rorge only threatened.

8) Ramsay was in begining just a bastard and peasant, later he become legitimised and earned two lordships. Rorge was in begining a street criminal from KL, later he become leader of the most feared band of brigands.

It seems to me that you are overestimating the kind of leadership that Rorge has in this outlaw band and the very meaning of being known as the leader of this type of group. 

I don't think there is a good parallel between the politics of liege-vassal relationship and of a group of outlaws with a apparent leader. The latter have more in common with a mercenary company, for example. Of the worst kind, of course.

So, maybe will Davos kill Ramsay?

With all that said, I would be more inclined to conclude that if these parallels foreshadow anything, it would be that Ramsay would be killed in a duel or single combat (like Rorge), not on the battlefield.

4 hours ago, Ckram said:

pushed a little too far. In both cases, you show how Rorge was responsible for transforming Biter

I used Heke, because Theon never commited an act that is seen as serious crime by law of gods.

4 hours ago, Ckram said:

The expression "Beast in human skin" first appeared during the wedding of Daenerys, to define the savagery of Dothraki.

I know that, but these two are the only named characters called that.

4 hours ago, Ckram said:

As far as I can remember, Rorge only threatened.

Perhaps, i should say intended.

5 hours ago, Ckram said:

It seems to me that you are overestimating the kind of leadership that Rorge has in this outlaw band and the very meaning of being known as the leader of this type of group. 

I don't think there is a good parallel between the politics of liege-vassal relationship and of a group of outlaws with a apparent leader. The latter have more in common with a mercenary company, for example. Of the worst kind, of course.

Parallel is that both earned some kind of power, of course Rorge's power isn't comparable to Ramsay's.

Archived