U.S. Politics: The Ideas of Mueller

A True Kaniggit

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

:spank:

This is why I posed the question though. Five people have given their opinion and they gave five different answers, and nobody has mentioned his comments about Mexicans, which would be one of my step-brothers’ answers. It just goes to show that he’s done so many things that no other politician could get away with. I’m curious why that is. Are people that mad at the establishment that they’re willing to just flip the board over and see what happens?   

It's because this nation, now and historically, are like him, and they like that somebody is doin' doin' doin' it for them, particularly after 8 years of an African American in the office.  This nation hates women getting out of their place in the kitchen and making money -- they particularly hate women in politics.  They hate everybody who isn't white, and they truly loathe the poor.  They hate immigrants, though most of them were immigrants themselves a generation or so ago. They worship power.  hey adore violence, physical and other kinds.  They are MEAN.

I've just finished a three volume of history of the years between the 1880's and the aftermath of WWII -- and it's shocking all the parallels, and that all the arguments against public anything, and all the hatred proudly displayed, and the terrific support in this nation for Germany and Italy -- not in spite of the evils they were already committing in the 1920's and 30's -- but BECAUSE of the evils.  The support ran all the way down from the most wealthy and powerful to the uneducated and poor, out of work whites. They'd rather be homeless, without a job, and have their family die of starvation than live and work along side blacks and jews.  And when it came to working WITH women -- just forget it!  It's astounding that neither FDR or Eleanor or any of their close cohorts were killed, so virulent was the hatred from these quarters toward them.  What saved them -- and the country too of course -- was the opposite of this, the very large numbers of highly skilled, talented and hardworking people who saw things as they did -- and not a few of them had wealth and power of their own, as did the Roosevelts.  Even so, FDR had little to no interest in helping African Americans, Jews and other refugees.

8 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Fuck if I know, but the GOP has the exactly numbers to in the Senate (and, obviously, in the House).  It's 34 GOP and 16 Dem.  They would need 34 votes to convict.

And then what? 

This is fucking insanity. 

10 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

And then what? 

This is fucking insanity. 

Well, then they'd be removed from office, and there's be elections to fill their vacancies.

11 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Well, then they'd be removed from office, and there's be elections to fill their vacancies.

What? With no trial and no debate? That's fucking crazy. We duly elected those judges and they have no right to do that without OUR say so just because they're throwing a two year old hissy fit. 

There are no Republicans with a shred of decency. Not one to be found anywhere, especially not in Pennsylvania. They're all a bunch of crooks and liars, so desperate to stay in power they'll screw over a state of 13 million people. 

13 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Would it invalidate the previous decision? -- Essentially, can they reverse the decision or is this a punitive measure? (if the latter, nice adulting by repubs in PA)

14 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

So once again, the fate of the future of the nation rests on being able to find one Republican senator with a shred of decency. Why does this seem familiar?

And gotta wonder if these kinda of situations are reversed after 2020, and the Tea Party folks will be all like: "The future of the nation now rests on being able to find one Democrat senator who's insane".

Just now, Week said:

Would it invalidate the previous decision? -- Essentially, can they reverse the decision or is this a punitive measure? (if the latter, nice adulting by repubs in PA)

Oh, it's punitive all right. They're throwing a temper tantrum of epic proportions. 

3 minutes ago, Week said:

No, the decision would still stand. Which makes this measure look even more petty and vindictive than it already would. 

Just now, IamMe90 said:

No, the decision would still stand. Which makes this measure look even more petty and vindictive than it already would. 

I hope it stands although yeah, it would look even worse for them. And it is petty and vindictive, but what do you expect from a bunch of morons who take their cue from the guy polluting the Oval Office? 

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Take it with a grain of salt, but Stormy apparently passed a polygraph test when she first did the interview in 2011. Looks like the questions will be released.

I mean, we knew she wasn't lying. Trump added himself to the lawsuit and moved it to Federal Court. 

55 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Nix suspended as CEO of Cambridge Analytica -- but the whole damn shebang is still open for business, so, so what?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/20/cambridge-analytica-suspends-ceo-alexander-nix

What's as least as interesting as anything else in these exposés, is the utter contempt Cambridge Analytica has for the people who hire them, equal to contempt in which they hold the targets they're aimed at -- politicians are all stupid, they say and utterly tech ignorant. CA can do anything and nobody knows and nobody can figure it out, much less hold them responsible.

Yet, Hillary Clinton and her people figured it out, but she was called 'sour grapes' and 'crooked Hillary' who was stealing the election. From her book (which I bought and read):

“So if they were getting advice from say Cambridge Analytica or someone else about OK here are the 12 voters in this town in Wisconsin – that’s whose Facebook pages you need to be on to send these messages that indeed would be very disturbing.”

Ralph Peters, retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Fox News contributor quit Tuesday. Here is his letter to his colleagues.

On March 1st, I informed Fox that I would not renew my contract. The purpose of this message to all of you is twofold:

First, I must thank each of you for the cooperation and support you've shown me over the years. Those working off-camera, the bookers and producers, don't often get the recognition you deserve, but I want you to know that I have always appreciated the challenges you face and the skill with which you master them.

Second, I feel compelled to explain why I have to leave. Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to "support and defend the Constitution," and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts--who have never served our country in any capacity--dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller--all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of "deep-state" machinations-- I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.

As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin's agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign. Despite increasingly pathetic denials, it turns out that the "nothing-burger" has been covered with Russian dressing all along. And by the way: As an intelligence professional, I can tell you that the Steele dossier rings true--that's how the Russians do things.. The result is that we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow.

I do not apply the above criticisms in full to Fox Business, where numerous hosts retain a respect for facts and maintain a measure of integrity (nor is every host at Fox News a propaganda mouthpiece--some have shown courage). I have enjoyed and valued my relationship with Fox Business, and I will miss a number of hosts and staff members. You're the grown-ups.

Also, I deeply respect the hard-news reporters at Fox, who continue to do their best as talented professionals in a poisoned environment. These are some of the best men and women in the business..

So, to all of you: Thanks, and, as our president's favorite world leader would say, "Das vidanya."

1 hour ago, Week said:

It'd be a disaster if it invalidated their decisions. There are hundreds of decisions they'd have made during their terms, and it's dangerous to allow them all to be vacated.

The Republicans are an evil party. All they're doing is holding onto power through any means.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

It's because this nation, now and historically, are like him, and they like that somebody is doin' doin' doin' it for them, particularly after 8 years of an African American in the office.  This nation hates women getting out of their place in the kitchen and making money -- they particularly hate women in politics.  They hate everybody who isn't white, and they truly loathe the poor.  They hate immigrants, though most of them were immigrants themselves a generation or so ago. They worship power.  hey adore violence, physical and other kinds.  They are MEAN.

I've just finished a three volume of history of the years between the 1880's and the aftermath of WWII -- and it's shocking all the parallels, and that all the arguments against public anything, and all the hatred proudly displayed, and the terrific support in this nation for Germany and Italy -- not in spite of the evils they were already committing in the 1920's and 30's -- but BECAUSE of the evils.  The support ran all the way down from the most wealthy and powerful to the uneducated and poor, out of work whites. They'd rather be homeless, without a job, and have their family die of starvation than live and work along side blacks and jews.  And when it came to working WITH women -- just forget it!  It's astounding that neither FDR or Eleanor or any of their close cohorts were killed, so virulent was the hatred from these quarters toward them.  What saved them -- and the country too of course -- was the opposite of this, the very large numbers of highly skilled, talented and hardworking people who saw things as they did -- and not a few of them had wealth and power of their own, as did the Roosevelts.  Even so, FDR had little to no interest in helping African Americans, Jews and other refugees.

Actually, public nomenclature has generally shifted towards 'black'. I've actually never met a black dude who wanted to be called an African American. I did know one chick though, she would say Afro American. Which was fucking hilarious, she'd slip that shit into conversation and you could see peoples' heads kinda jerk when they were like 'what the fuck?'

But I digress. Not attacking, not snarking, not being an internet person. Just passing it on. :D

Archived