U.S. Politics: The Ideas of Mueller

A True Kaniggit

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

Wait, wasn't Bolton convicted of war crimes, along with Henry Kissinger, the last 44 or 45 presidents, and Hulk Hogan?  Did his release from this inevitable and definite prison require a separate form to liberate his moustache?  

Why can't I find chicken hawk on the KFC menu?!?!?!

i said at the start of the year that no matter what happens we are likely to see the death of mccain, bush sr, and kissinger, so at least we got that going for us.  

now with bolton back in the mix, it’s like we can’t even celebrate these :(

I think I have to agree with the analysis I've seen about what's going on in the White House - Trump is feeling more confident and is totally taking control of the WH and the strategy of the legal team protecting him.

He'll fire Kelly, he'll fire Rosenstein, he'll fire Sessions, he'll fire Mueller. He's going to carry out a scorched earth policy.

Does anyone know how you cancel a retired federal employee's pension? Americans love to have the ability to exact revenge against people if they feel the need. Mueller was retired when appointed. Who wants to take a bet that Trump fires him and then tries to strip him of everything he has?

I've been thinking again about why Trump fired Comey. I think that once Comey came to him and briefed him on the Steele dossier, before the inauguration, Comey was dead meat. It was a shoot the messenger situation. No way would he keep around someone who humiliated him by discussing the details of the dossier.

16 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I think I have to agree with the analysis I've seen about what's going on in the White House - Trump is feeling more confident and is totally taking control of the WH and the strategy of the legal team protecting him.

He'll fire Kelly, he'll fire Rosenstein, he'll fire Sessions, he'll fire Mueller. He's going to carry out a scorched earth policy.

Does anyone know how you cancel a retired federal employee's pension? Americans love to have the ability to exact revenge against people if they feel the need. Mueller was retired when appointed. Who wants to take a bet that Trump fires him and then tries to strip him of everything he has?

I've been thinking again about why Trump fired Comey. I think that once Comey came to him and briefed him on the Steele dossier, before the inauguration, Comey was dead meat. It was a shoot the messenger situation. No way would he keep around someone who humiliated him by discussing the details of the dossier.

I think that is overthinking the whole affair. It's exactly what it seems: Comey was on thin-ice because of his refusal to swear personal loyalty to Trump, who views such things as just normal business and then Trump wanted the investigation to end and Comey wouldn't do it so he fired him.

Trump is a simple creature.

32 minutes ago, Shryke said:

I think that is overthinking the whole affair. It's exactly what it seems: Comey was on thin-ice because of his refusal to swear personal loyalty to Trump, who views such things as just normal business and then Trump wanted the investigation to end and Comey wouldn't do it so he fired him.

Trump is a simple creature.

Lol, he said to himself, look at the nerve of this f****r, coming here and telling me this shit, he’d better swear loyalty to me or else! :lol:

A friend of mine protesting that state sanctoined murder by the SacPD, got whacked with a baton and saw a woman holding a baby get tazed.

Police departments seriously need to be abolished at some point. This shit is out of control with their BS, and it's enabled by bigoted ass white people that don't charge them for murder, and don't convict them when apart of the jury thanks to hero worship of police, which was made even worse after 9/11.

11 hours ago, Kalbear said:

20,000 people still voted for him. Republicans haven't said a word about him. It's a problem. 

Well, except this is plain wrong. The state head of the party denounced him as a Nazi and s didgrace. Last time he ran in the seat the Republicans sued on a technicality (he stuffed up part of the application) and got him kicked off the ballot. This time he was careful to get the application right, and because of the USA’s weird party laws the republicans couldn’t stop him. 

12 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

And that Austin bomber was apart of a far right christian terrorist "survival" group.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/austin-bomber-mark-anthony-conditt-texas-christian-righteous-invasion-truth-a8267976.html

Anything to back that up? Because your article certainly doesn’t. 

We're truly entering unprecedented territory now. Frankly, I blame the Democrats. I don't care as much that Putin & co. may have greased the way for Trump. Sure, that's a problem. But, the Democrats screwed this up by allowing Hillary to hijack the party. To be clear, I wasn't any sort of Bernie supporter, and I'm still not, though I do admire him. The problem is this: where were all the other candidates? Why was the field so limited following a successful presidency without an incumbent vice president in the running? 

The fix we're in now is pretty bad. Rules of decency are being thrown out the window and now we have John Bolton to add to the mix. 

44 minutes ago, Pecan said:

We're truly entering unprecedented territory now. Frankly, I blame the Democrats. I don't care as much that Putin & co. may have greased the way for Trump. Sure, that's a problem. But, the Democrats screwed this up by allowing Hillary to hijack the party. To be clear, I wasn't any sort of Bernie supporter, and I'm still not, though I do admire him. The problem is this: where were all the other candidates? Why was the field so limited following a successful presidency without an incumbent vice president in the running? 

The fix we're in now is pretty bad. Rules of decency are being thrown out the window and now we have John Bolton to add to the mix. 

Yeah, cause truly the real culprit is the lady who got the most votes in both the primary and the general election. Sure.....

52 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Lol wait, so you don't care that the Russians helped Trump win? They tried to hack numerous state voting machines and actually did hack one. Soooooooooooo. 

And she won the popular vote, and most of the states that she barely lost that fucked her in the EC were states hit hard by Russian propaganda machines / bots pushing pro Trump anti Clinton bullshit.

And uh, how is it the Dems fault that Biden didn't want to fucking run? Did you forget that? He had no desire to run.

This isn't on them. This is on a bigoted society, one both highly racist and highly sexist / misognyistic. This is on an out dated system like the electoral college. This is on the entire system for allowing an unqualified sack of shit to run and do so with out having to show all his financial ties. This is also on ignorant false equivlance pushing third party voters that believed the woo loving Putin shill Jill Stein and thought the clueless Gary Johnson was a better option to vote for than keeping a corrupt fascist out of office.

The simplistic and easy thing to do is to blame the Dems as the reason when the real reason it happened is far far more complicated.

1 hour ago, ants said:

Well, except this is plain wrong. The state head of the party denounced him as a Nazi and s didgrace. Last time he ran in the seat the Republicans sued on a technicality (he stuffed up part of the application) and got him kicked off the ballot. This time he was careful to get the application right, and because of the USA’s weird party laws the republicans couldn’t stop him. 

We've been through this before, and that's not true. There was more the Republicans could have done to stop him, and there still is more they could do. But instead they've washed their hands of the situation. That's not good enough.

1 hour ago, Pecan said:

To be very clear, the idea that a candidate who didn't have the backing or gumption to run against Clinton in the face of internal opposition could have the backing or gumption to win the election is a fantasy. You're imagining a saviour that was never there.

2 hours ago, Pecan said:

The Democratic Party has some issues. There are some legitimate criticisms to be made about Hillary that don't go into bat shit crazy wackoville territory. I'm not a fan of her foreign policy inclinations. But it seems to me blaming our current situation on the Democratic Party or Hillary lacks all reasonable sense of perspective or proportionality.

1. Why not blame the conservative movement and the Republican party which has gone completely cuckoo.

2. Why not blame the the nutjobs that made a huge deal out of Hillary's emails and the people that believed that bullshit.

3. Why not blame a media that couldn't stop talking about Hillary's emails, making it look it was something, and effectively ignoring real policy issues.

4. Why not blame the Orange Pied Piper who spewed a whole lot of bullshit and made it very clear he had no idea what he was talking about and the people that bought into it?

Whatever the Democratic Party's and Hillary's faults, it seems to me that 1,2, 3, and 4 are much bigger issues here.

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

3. Why not blame a media that couldn't stop talking about Hillary's emails, making it look it was something, and effectively ignoring real policy issues.

No shit!  NPR became Nationale Propagandia Republican in 2016 and I was screaming at the radio for months it was so blatant.  "Butter emails!" was constant and it was even more evident elsewhere.  That and the misogyny, how dare a woman, that woman run for president.  

Nice. Iran sent phishing emails to 100,000 US professors and stole information worth billions. They also targeted US owned business and professors oversees, successfully compromising about 8,000 accounts.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/us-indicts-iranian-nationals-in-iran-government-backed-scheme-on-us-universities.html

This morning, Trump threatened to veto the omnibus spending bill just passed by Congress after indications from the White House last night that he'd sign it.

Most Congress-critters have already left Washington for recess, so if he follows through with his threat, we will definitely be looking at a multi-day shutdown for at least as long as it takes to corral members of Congress to come back to Washington and re-negotiate an amended bill.

The way Trump has been pushing back against the "adults-in-the-room", or ASITRS as I like to call them, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually follows through with his threat.

4 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

The Democratic Party has some issues. There are some legitimate criticisms to be made about Hillary that don't go into bat shit crazy wackoville territory. I'm not a fan of her foreign policy inclinations. But it seems to me blaming our current situation on the Democratic Party or Hillary lacks all reasonable sense of perspective or proportionality.

1. Why not blame the conservative movement and the Republican party which has gone completely cuckoo.

2. Why not blame the the nutjobs that made a huge deal out of Hillary's emails and the people that believed that bullshit.

4. Why not blame the Orange Pied Piper who spewed a whole lot of bullshit and made it very clear he had no idea what he was talking about and the people that bought into it?

Whatever the Democratic Party's and Hillary's faults, it seems to me that 1,2, 3, and 4 are much bigger issues here.

I mostly agree with your point here, but (without intending to re-litigate the 2016 elections yet again) I think there's a valid counterpoint to be made that, while those are in fact bigger issues, none of them are issues over which Democrats have direct control, or even over which they have more than the smallest bit of influence.

The Democratic Patry does have some indirect control, and certainly has a great deal of influence, over who both the rank-and-file voters and the big-wigs choose to represent them in an election year. My personal belief is that Clinton would have gotten creamed in the general by any of the other serious Republican contenders for the nomination, with perhaps the exception of Cruz. I think we're actually very lucky that Trump won the nomination, because I think anyone else would have had longer coattails downballot.

So, going forward, Democrats need to exercise influence over those areas they are able to influence, and just roll with those other areas over which they don't have control.

6 hours ago, Pecan said:

Oh fucking please.

The Democrats clearly have some issues here but plenty of Republicans voted for Trump and continue to support him. If Trump is so bad and unpalatable then why is 100% of the onus on the Democrats as opposed to the people and the party that continue to prop up and support him directly?

10 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Typical echo chamber. Not one mention of all the good things war with Iran would mean!

What Bolton meant to say is he’s not going to start a war, but instead, deliver freedom to Tehran.

53 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Nice. Iran sent phishing emails to 100,000 US professors and stole information worth billions. They also targeted US owned business and professors oversees, successfully compromising about 8,000 accounts.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/us-indicts-iranian-nationals-in-iran-government-backed-scheme-on-us-universities.html

Trump: We have no choice. No choice. We have to attack Iran. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. We’re not going to be weak anymore. We have to get tough. Really, really tough. Trump is strong, and the rest of the world respects my strength. They have to. They have no choice. None.  

Archived